Home Ratings & Reviews

Padron 85th

NightHawkNightHawk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 246
Anyone burn one of these sticks yet? Saw them at the bm and they looked great, but they were asking $24 each!

Comments

• jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    been wondering about these myself, my b&m guy said he didnt even know about them or the ab fine and rares, dont know whats he has been doing?lol
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    NightHawk:
    Anyone burn one of these sticks yet? Saw them at the bm and they looked great, but they were asking $24 each!
    Yeah, that's the right price for the Padron Family Reserves. I still think the Padron 45th Maduro is my favorite Family Reserve.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    NightHawk:
    that price is right for a Family Reserve. IMO, if you're gonna spend $24 on a cigar, spend another $6 and get a Padron 1926 80th.
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    Krieg:
    NightHawk:

that price is right for a Family Reserve. IMO, if you're gonna spend $24 on a cigar, spend another $6 and get a Padron 1926 80th.

This. The '26 80th is unreal. Smoked one on my honeymoon.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    I burned one and wrote a review on it, just need to type it up and post. Short answer is this; I'd pat up to $40 a stick for this one... and I live on a tuna-fish budget... That special honestly. The most complex and flavorful stick I've burned in 7 years of cigar smoking. Richest smoke and highest superb construction all in all.
  • chemforeverchemforever Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,200
    Maduro or natural, is it just a matter of opinion?
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    chemforever:
    Maduro or natural, is it just a matter of opinion?
    curious too cause most ive heard like the naturals better in those lines
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    90+ Irishman:
    I burned one and wrote a review on it, just need to type it up and post. Short answer is this; I'd pat up to $40 a stick for this one... and I live on a tuna-fish budget... That special honestly. The most complex and flavorful stick I've burned in 7 years of cigar smoking. Richest smoke and highest superb construction all in all.
    lol... love it. Yeah it's a good stick. I like it a bit more than the 46th maduro. Though I like them both. Is it better than the 80? Eh, that's tough. I like the 80, well enough to buy a couple of boxes but the 85 is damn close but it's different too. Both are great smokes. for the record, I didn't think the 45th was the best of the bunch like some so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,077
    phobicsquirrel:
    90+ Irishman:
    lol... love it. Yeah it's a good stick. I like it a bit more than the 46th maduro. Though I like them both. Is it better than the 80? Eh, that's tough. I like the 80, well enough to buy a couple of boxes but the 85 is damn close but it's different too. Both are great smokes. for the record, I didn't think the 45th was the best of the bunch like some so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
    Yes, what a monster of a cigar the 85th maduro is! Rich flavours beyond belief. When I pony up for another one I will let it sit for 6 months though. At least that is my plan :-)