Home Ratings & Reviews

Info on Griffins please!

90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
So my wife just totally surprised me and blew me away with a The Griffins' LE 2011 and The Griffins' LE 2007 Tubo... I know the info from Ccom, but I am really looking to get a full story and as in depth knowledge on the tobacco, how these came to be, rarity, etc etc since I really know VERY little about these... especially the 2007 Tubo... Thank you!!!

Comments

• lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    90+ Irishman:
    So my wife just totally surprised me and blew me away with a The Griffins' LE 2011 and The Griffins' LE 2007 Tubo... I know the info from Ccom, but I am really looking to get a full story and as in depth knowledge on the tobacco, how these came to be, rarity, etc etc since I really know VERY little about these... especially the 2007 Tubo... Thank you!!!
    The Griffin's Special Edition XIII
    5 1/4 inches in length with a ring gauge of 52
    Dominican Republic with Connecticut Ecuadorian sun grown wrappers, San Vicente binders, and a blend of the following filler tobaccos: Piloto, San Vicente Ligero, San Vicente Seco, and Olor.
    limited to 7,500 boxes
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Thanks Isaac! Does anyone know how these came to be, or anything more in depth, what makes them so special etc?
  • Bucking WBucking W Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 206
    What I found on it wasn't much but here is a little history. The Griffin’s was created in 1984 by Swiss nightclub impresario Bernard H. Grobet, who owned and operated the Griffin’s Club. Word spread throughout Switzerland about the quality of his house cigar and it was introduced in the U.S. in 1989. The filler includes three different Cibao Valley tobaccos combined with a Dominican binder and Connecticut-seed wrapper to give it a mildly spicy, flavorful taste.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    this is one of the cigars on my wish list. i would love to try one. I mean... whats not to want about a Kelner blended LE?
  • jasonusa1jasonusa1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 729
    kuzi16:
    this is one of the cigars on my wish list. i would love to try one. I mean... whats not to want about a Kelner blended LE?
    The 07?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    kelner is the blender on the griffins. im about 99% sure that he is the blender on that one as well.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    hmm, I haven't had a griffin in a long time. Though I remember liking the one I had. It was a mild smoke sort of creamy.