Home Ratings & Reviews

Tat black vs red tubos.

ndhaon91ndhaon91 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
I smoked each of these for the first time in the last few days. They are two of the tastiest cigars I can recall smoking. The black tubo is more subtle, with hints of caramelized flavors and soft spice in the nose. It's a smoke that begs to be paid attention to. The red tubo isn't quite as esoteric. It's flavors, although difficult for me to describe, present themselves readily from start to finish. It doesn't demand as much attention to figure out what is happening.

Perhaps a good analogy is to say the red tubo is a great short story, with a clearly defined plot line and characters you come to know and love quickly. The black tubo is more a great work of poetry, just as entertaining in it's own right, but requiring more attention and a few re-reads before you can really grasp it completely. In fact, it that sense, the black tubo is more mysterious and intriguing and therefore would pull me back in more quickly than the red.

The black did have some of the expected burn issues, but never threatened to go out. Perhaps more important the burn issues is the fact that it just didn't put out a lot of smoke in general. The red produced plenty of smoke and only needed a minor touch up or two.

In all, I see why these are highly sought after. Great smoking experiences.

Comments