Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

What are all the rules on passes, bombs, etc?

SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
I'm currently in the middle of a pass. My sponsor is sending me some of his, I'm sending him mine (I don't have many yet since I'm new). i REALLY want to participate on and on going basis here because this is fun as heck and I love to give and it's also fun to receive. I want to pay back all of you that have been so good to me here and welcoming a woman to this manly board. Though no one has made me feel unwelcome at all. So how do I keep the flow going?. I know I have to soon invest in some new cigars so I will have something to share. Give me the gist of it.

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    You have been here a short time and have a nice post count. Just initiate something and if need be ship first. Get your name on the good trader list and there you go. Keep an eye on the thread and when you see a pass, game, trade you want to get involved in the requirements will be in the first post and you should be good to go.

Once you get on the good traders list you are good to go for pretty much anything we have going on.
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    Here you go the link below should help you out. The main thing is to just have fun with it!

Etiquette - Trades, Passes, Bombs, etc

• greg2648greg2648 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,422
    There are some guys on here that cruise to threads looking for targets. Especially Noobs. They mean you no harm, just trying to get in where they fit in. Keep your eyes and ears open, they attack when you least expect it. Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh my.......
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    greg2648:
    There are some guys on here that cruise to threads looking for targets. Especially Noobs. They mean you no harm, just trying to get in where they fit in. Keep your eyes and ears open, they attack when you least expect it. Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh my.......
    LOL
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY4V3UUY95A
  • greg2648greg2648 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,422
    The Kid:
    greg2648:
    LOL
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY4V3UUY95A
    Rudy always knows what to say at the right moment.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    Don't take advantage of other B/SotL. Pass/Trade onto others and you would want them to pass onto you!
  • JayoJayo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 76
    I learner it from this thread. I guess the rule for trading
    http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/17975.aspx
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    The first rule of bomb club is..........THERE ARE NO RULES!!!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    It don't take as long to build up a collection as it seems. I remember thinking I'd never be able to fill out my 50 ct humi. Just be warned trading and bombing can get addicting. Then next thing your significant other is riding your butt over it.??
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    The first rule of bombing is you don't talk about bombing. The 2nd rule of bombing is you don't talk about bombing, lol. Jk
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    and make sure to never tell someone to NOT send you anything...they listen like a 13 year old girl
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    didnt want to start a new thread but what about shipping? Ups or Usps? flat rate if usps?
    how do you pack up the cigars? do you use bubble wrap?

with tracking do you just go with the basic stuff with usps' priority or do something different?
  • RBeckomRBeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,099
    Simply to have fun and get to know some great people. That's the most important rule if there is one.
  • spindriftspindrift Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 818
    taythegibs:
    didnt want to start a new thread but what about shipping? Ups or Usps? flat rate if usps?

with tracking do you just go with the basic stuff with usps' priority or do something different?
    For me, I use whatever I have that is handy and works..Paper, bubble wrap, styrofoam (popcorn), etc.. I have learned, for what I ship out, that usps flat rate works best...I also save any packaging sent to me with any shipments, which reduces any need to purchase protection...
    is the flat rate that much cheaper (looking on the website it seems as if the small box is 1/3 what a normal box would be) and i have tons of tissue paper from shot glasses, would several layers of that inside a plastic bag work?
    taythegibs:

appreciate you finding a related thread before creating another one,, keeps down on the clutter for sure. Paul has some good advice, try to keep some of the boxes and packing materials you get from orders, etc for future trades/bombs. You can get by with first class shipping for anything under 13 ounces, usually bout 10 sticks and packing material in a smaller box will fall below the limit. It will save you a few bucks on shipping, and in most cases will get there just as fast as priority. Try to avoid Parcel Post. If your sending more than 10 or dont have the boxes you can use the USPS flat rate boxes, can usually fit at least 6 sticks in the small box (with packing material). I usually always get delivery confirmation so I can track the pkg and know when its landed, If doing a trade you can provide the DC tracking # to the recipient so they too are aware of when it will land, helps quite a bit for us who have PO boxes. I as well as others always try to throw a humidification pillow in with the sticks, If sending stick with no cello may want to put them in a seperate baggie leaving it open, that way if the pillow leaks (it happens sometimes) no sticks without cello get sticky. Thats about it with trades and bombs . With passes each one is different and may have its own rules and or requirements. Thanks for asking and being involved.
    thanks for the info, i try to keep cello's on all of my sticks. so the way i understand the packing is stick in side of cello, in baggie, wrapped in paper/bubble wrap/etc, inside of box. should it be snug in the box or have a little wiggle room? (sorry for the questions, i dont want to mess anything up once i get stuff thats good enough to trade/bomb/etc)
    taythegibs:
    thanks for the info, i try to keep cello's on all of my sticks. so the way i understand the packing is stick in side of cello, in baggie, wrapped in paper/bubble wrap/etc, inside of box. should it be snug in the box or have a little wiggle room? (sorry for the questions, i dont want to mess anything up once i get stuff thats good enough to trade/bomb/etc)
    Its all good.. shows you care.. yep you got it. Personally i like it to be a little snug so if i shake the box i dont here things rattling/moving around.
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    taythegibs:
    here's a pic of one that I just got done packing... to give you a basic idea. Hope it helps

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App