Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

2012 Christmas Exchage.....

greg2648greg2648 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,422
When do we sign up for the 2012 Christmas Exchange?? I have to tell you, I had a Great Time giving, receiving and reading what others posted. It was one of the best run events that I have ever been involved with. I cant wait until Christmas. Thank you, All, for participating. A Big Thanks goes out to Special "K" for all of his organizational skills. Play on........Playerz

Comments

• robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    greg2648:
    When do we sign up for the 2012 Christmas Exchange?? I have to tell you, I had a Great Time giving, receiving and reading what others posted. It was one of the best run events that I have ever been involved with. I cant wait until Christmas. Thank you, All, for participating. A Big Thanks goes out to Special "K" for all of his organizational skills. Play on........Playerz
    well, I was your target so you KNOW i had a great time! I still can't believe you put that set of Monsters together... not to mention the v-cutter which I love even though Ken Light thinks it makes the cigar look like a pecker... and not to mention the bottle of Glenlivet which I love not only because they put "The" in front of their name... and not to mention the 3 pack of GOFs... you're a beast... and I will be avenged...

it was great to see the Pay It Forward attitude here... watching it play out was a lot of fun... well done all!
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    duplicate... mybad
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    From someone watching from the bleachers I gotta say all you guys kicked ass. Each package I saw was a solid and righteous hit lol
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
  • greg2648greg2648 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,422
    Direwolf:
    From someone watching from the bleachers I gotta say all you guys kicked ass. Each package I saw was a solid and righteous hit lol
    I couldn't agree more. It was crazy, all of the thought that went into each package was awesome. The exchange definitely made my Christmas a little brighter this year.
  • spindriftspindrift Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 818
    First year for me, and I would agree that it is a great concept and saw a lot of originality in some of the packages...
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    scarlin:
    ...?
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    maybe in a few months we can have a sign up for Secret Santa in July .......... I would be down for that.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Yea. I got done more than I did. Feel kinda bad. But, next year? I'll make up for it.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    ive run it every year since the form started. (minus one year i think iduno)

next year, however will have some major changes. mainly to limit the number of people. 40+ was a giant pain.

that and this is supposed to be a pass where we bomb the hell out of old friends not guys we hardly know. so, that concept will be interjected next year as well.

but keep an eye out around Halloween.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    kuzi16:

next year, however will have some major changes. mainly to limit the number of people. 40+ was a giant pain.

that and this is supposed to be a pass where we bomb the hell out of old friends not guys we hardly know. so, that concept will be interjected next year as well.

Glad to see the SS will be getting back to how it was originally. I will probably start signing back up next fall.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    Krieg:
    kuzi16:

Glad to see the SS will be getting back to how it was originally. I will probably start signing back up next fall.

AMEN to that
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    kingjk729:
    Krieg:
    kuzi16:

AMEN to that
    I have been in both formats and I really didn't notice any difference. Why or what was the concern which kept you from jumping in on this? I have been paired up with relative newcomers both times I was in this pass and I had no problems with that. Have there been complaints or something?

I realize that there are certain people we might prefer to exchange with but we can and do that all year long. I too might prefer to exchange with someone I know and have some knowledge of there smoking background, but you know what that is why this was a neat switch on a regular pass. The surprise. If this pass is going to turn into another pass amongst friends... what's the point, we do that constantly. I must be missing something, because I don't see any difference in the passes between the years I have been involved. We can't all get opus X's and expensive toy's from our secret santa's, it just doesn't work like that.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    laker1963:
    kingjk729:
    Krieg:
    kuzi16:

AMEN to that
    I have been in both formats and I really didn't notice any difference. Why or what was the concern which kept you from jumping in on this? I have been paired up with relative newcomers both times I was in this pass and I had no problems with that. Have there been complaints or something?

I realize that there are certain people we might prefer to exchange with but we can and do that all year long. I too might prefer to exchange with someone I know and have some knowledge of there smoking background, but you know what that is why this was a neat switch on a regular pass. The surprise. If this pass is going to turn into another pass amongst friends... what's the point, we do that constantly. I must be missing something, because I don't see any difference in the passes between the years I have been involved. We can't all get opus X's and expensive toy's from our secret santa's, it just doesn't work like that.
    You just have to work on not be naughty that's all. Then maybe santa might throw in opus's and such.... ;-)
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    kingjk729:
    Krieg:
    kuzi16:

AMEN to that
    ...Ya I dont get it..I am new and this was the first big thing I was involved in and I feel I would have been damn happy to get what I sent out, may not have been a bunch of opus, a full box of great sticks, but my SS got some good higher end sticks and some great acc. I also dont see the point in it being a pass to the people you already know. My SS is in big trouble though as he is the reason I fell into the world of Hookah lol.

Thanks for the great xmas, it was fun. Hopefully my rambling made some sense.
    I just want to see the carnage you guys heap on each other next year lol
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    Direwolf:
    I just want to see the carnage you guys heap on each other next year lol
    Someone probably will get hurt..walking to their mailbox and slipping on ice that is.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    I joined the forum a little too late to get in on the action this year but damn was it fun seeing all the carnage everyone caused.
  • dopeyferreedopeyferree Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 274
    I really enjoyed doing this. I cant wait til next year. I have a whole year to plan my destruction for the next one.
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,471
    I too am relatively new and had a blast with this! Great way to send some cheer, no matter the mark. Hope to get in it again next year.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    it has nothing to do with the amount of cigars send out or the quality of cigars sent out. it is nothing deeper than i want the people who are sending to each other to really know who they are sending to... oir at least have a better idea. I assure you that everyone that was in the pass this year will be in it next if they so choose. it may be a bit harder for a guy who joined the forum a day before it was announced or a day after it was announced to get in on it though. thats all.
  • spindriftspindrift Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 818
    kuzi16:
    it has nothing to do with the amount of cigars send out or the quality of cigars sent out. it is nothing deeper than i want the people who are sending to each other to really know who they are sending to... oir at least have a better idea. I assure you that everyone that was in the pass this year will be in it next if they so choose. it may be a bit harder for a guy who joined the forum a day before it was announced or a day after it was announced to get in on it though. thats all.
    As someone who signed up a long time ago and didn't feel comfortable joining in (lurking somewhat), I believe that it was somewhat of an icebreaker for me...While I understand that it is difficult to administrate the event, I want to personally thank you, Matt, for your efforts...Perhaps there can be an "A" and a "B" bracket or something...If there are folks out there in the giving spirit, turning them away or restricting the event won't help promote the forum...It is hard enough as it is to become friendly for some, and IMHO turning folks away isn't what the season, or the forum, is about...I will dismount now...
    I can totally see Kuzi's thinking.. I'd want to know the gifts I received came from a place of thoughtfulness and knowing of the person .
  • RaschNutsRaschNuts Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 882
    This year was a lot of fun.

For the next SS i see all the points being made. I'm in another forum that had about 100 people participating in SS. Some of the guys that were participating weren't to active the past few months before signing up so it was tough to do research, and some got people they don't even know.

One of the thoughts a few of us had was doing some buckets or groups that you get put in wether it be by time on forum activity, posts etc. but this might help with wanting to send to people you know a bit better. While the new guys are just happy to participate and have a good time the wouldn't mind sending to other new guys they may not know and this will give them a chance to learn more about them.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    kuzi16:
    well that makes sense, the posts earlier made it sound like the newer people ruined the fun cause people didnt know them. Made no sense, how are you supposed to get to know people if everyone can not be involved?