Home Non Cigar Related

Favorite TV show & movies

scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
What are your favorite tv shows and movies?

For me it's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Black Hawk Down

Comments

• ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    House, Son's Of Anarchy, The Crow and Lonestar State of Mind
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
  • SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
    Series: Bones, The Mentalist, & The Big Bang Theory: Movie: Contact
  • ctschirgictschirgi Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 63
    TV Show -The Dukes of Hazard; Movie - Snatch
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    Favorite tv sitcom of all time, probably Cheers. Favorite series, tie between the Wire and Deadwood, with Band of Brothers right behind. Favorite movies, Raging Bull, Cool Hand Luke.
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    Luko:
    Favorite tv sitcom of all time, probably Cheers. Favorite series, tie between the Wire and Deadwood, with Band of Brothers right behind. Favorite movies, Raging Bull, Cool Hand Luke.
    I'm with u on Deadwood being near the top, but man I hated to see it end the way it did...it seemed to just stop with no ending...
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Shows:
    Cheers
    Seinfeld
    30 Rock
    Breaking Bad

Movies:
    The Blues Brothers
    Caddyshack
    Animal House
    Raising Arizona
    Sling Blade

Yeah, I guess I like comedies. Had to add a non-comedy to each list so I don't come off as a complete goofball lol
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    Heavy:
    Shows:
    Cheers
    Seinfeld
    30 Rock
    Breaking Bad

Movies:
    The Blues Brothers
    Caddyshack
    Animal House
    Raising Arizona
    Sling Blade

Yeah, I guess I like comedies. Had to add a non-comedy to each list so I don't come off as a complete goofball lol
    I'm a huge Belushi fan and Caddyshack is way up there on my favorite movies list.Right now I'm actually wearing a "college" shirt just like Belushi wore in Animal House.
    "Christ. Seven years of college down the drain. Might as well join the f*cking Peace Corps"

Awesome! There were a ton of awesome movies, esp comedies, made during that late 70s - early 80s timeframe including another favorite I forgot to mention: Vacation.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    CvilleE:
    Luko:
    I'm with u on Deadwood being near the top, but man I hated to see it end the way it did...it seemed to just stop with no ending...
    I agree about the ending. My understanding is that there was supposed to be at least one more season, but there was a dispute between producers and HBO. Then, I read that they negotiated to do a two-hour movie to wrap it up, but by then, the cast had all moved on to other projects and weren't interested in coming back.
  • acewoodsonacewoodson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 191
    I am a huge professional wrestling fan and my fav is Monday Night RAW. I also love The Big Bang Theory. My favorite movie of all time has to be Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail. Anything by Mel Brooks is great too.
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    Luko:
    CvilleE:
    Luko:
    I agree about the ending. My understanding is that there was supposed to be at least one more season, but there was a dispute between producers and HBO. Then, I read that they negotiated to do a two-hour movie to wrap it up, but by then, the cast had all moved on to other projects and weren't interested in coming back.
    HBO seems to find a way jack up some of the better series...Rome I feel was the same...they rushed to the endin of that one as well, due to dispute and production cost issues....
    CvilleE:
    Luko:
    CvilleE:
    Luko:
    HBO seems to find a way jack up some of the better series...Rome I feel was the same...they rushed to the endin of that one as well, due to dispute and production cost issues....
    Agree, but I think Rome was like Deadwood in that they just didn't continue for additional seasons (cancelled the series so to speak), so it was just left hanging with no ending. I know for a fact that's what happened to Carnivale which I thought was a fantastic show. I hated that it ended with so much more story left to tell.
  • IrishAJIrishAJ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 135
    The Office, Big Bang Theory, Angry Beavers and New Girl.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Too many to list all so just my #1's.

TV Show: 24

Movie: The Dark Knight & Pulp Fiction
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    ENFIDL:
    Too many to list all so just my #1's.

TV Show: 24

Movie: The Dark Knight & Pulp Fiction
    + 1 on Pulp Fiction....Uma Thurman does things for me brother!! Say what again....they speak English in what? LOL
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Tv: Battlestar Galactica, Dr. Who
    Movies: The Matrix, SAW, Planet of the Apes
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    movies: Reservoir Dogs, Memento, Fight Club
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Been watching s ton of supernatural on netflix. Amazing show.
  • amz1301amz1301 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,287
    TV: Dexter, Boardwalk Empire, The Sopranos, The Wire
    Movies: Goodfellas, The Departed, The Dark Knight, Snatch, Fargo
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    I think the Weather Chanel is the best thing on TV, although I really enjoyed the BBC series ROME. The wife got the whole thing for me a year or so ago, and I still pull it out and watch from time to time.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    The Sopranos
    Deadwood
    Game of Thrones
    Pulp Fiction ( Oh I'm sorry , did I break your concentration ??? )

The Mentalist
    Revenge

Just to throw out a few .
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Krieg:
    Airwolf
    Oh f*ck yeah!