Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

A no cigar trade, I need gel, or beads. Anyone like coins? (Deal made!)

SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
Here's the thing, I need gel or beads for my new humidor. They say the humidifier that comes with it causes mold. But the problem is, if I buy anything else cigar-wise, my husband will not be amused and I told him I wouldn't. (no he does not rule my life, but I don't want to make him mad, we have a mutual agreement like this). Anyway, I don't have enough cigars yet to make a good trade. I only have a few. But I do have something else to offer, I have collector coins. Now I know many of you many not collect coins, but on the off chance someone does I'd like to make a trade. I realize the chances of someone liking coins AND having beads or gel to trade will be slim, so I will be ok if it doesn't happen. Here's a pic of my coins. My most expensive ones are the Morgan Silver dollars or Peace silver dollars. They were purchased for and are worth 33.00 dollars a piece. I do not want to get rid of more than one of them. If you don't want one of them, just pick out something else in the box. image

Comments

• smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    What percentage beads are you looking for? Some of us use 65% others use 70%, I have even seen some 60% beads out there. I use both 65 and 70...I have 70 in my cooler and the first humi I bought..and 65 in the humi that the wifey bought me for xmas. I have half of pound of 65% beads left...they are yours if you want them...just not sure what percentage you are going for..let me know.
  • JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    Do you need another new humidor? lol I have 3 25 count that I am not using that are already seasoned.
  • SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
    smoke em if you got em:
    What percentage beads are you looking for? Some of us use 65% others use 70%, I have even seen some 60% beads out there. I use both 65 and 70...I have 70 in my cooler and the first humi I bought..and 65 in the humi that the wifey bought me for xmas. I have half of pound of 65% beads left...they are yours if you want them...just not sure what percentage you are going for..let me know.
    I'm not sure about percentage, as I know nothing about them or what's best. What do you suggest for my new humidor? How do you use the beads? Please excuse my ignorance. I know with gel you can just sit the jar in there, right?
    JSaint:
    Do you need another new humidor? lol I have 3 25 count that I am not using that are already seasoned.
    Thank you, but I think I'm good. I have a 100 count and a 20 count. Thank you though!!!
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    Salem:
    smoke em if you got em:
    I'm not sure about percentage, as I know nothing about them or what's best. What do you suggest for my new humidor? How do you use the beads? Please excuse my ignorance. I know with gel you can just sit the jar in there, right?
    Roylan/Rhonda, I believe the 1/2 pound of 65% would be good for the new humi. I am out on the West Coast but I typically run my humi's at 62% - 65%. Hope this helps.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    JSaint:
    pm to ya
    Ok, do you put the gel or the beads into something other than the jar they come in?? I would even take 3 Boveda Packs.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    the beads you can put into pantyhose.
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    bandyt09:
    Salem:
    smoke em if you got em:
    Roylan/Rhonda, I believe the 1/2 pound of 65% would be good for the new humi. I am out on the West Coast but I typically run my humi's at 62% - 65%. Hope this helps.
    Thanks Todd. I was gonna respond and tell her I havent actually smoked anything out of my 65% humi just yet to try and compare my experiences between 65/70...but since she seems to smoke them as she gets them (nothing wrong with that) 65 might be the way to go..so her smokes will be ready when she is.

Just a side note..not trying to be an ass but my name is spelled Royln..LOL if you think spelling it is hard, try to pronouce it.

its actually pronouced Raw-Lyn.

Rhonda if you wanna PM me your addy I can get the beads out to you this week. I will include the mesh bag that comes with them for you to put the beads into.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    smoke em if you got em:
    bandyt09:
    Salem:
    smoke em if you got em:
    Thanks Todd. I was gonna respond and tell her I havent actually smoked anything out of my 65% humi just yet to try and compare my experiences between 65/70...but since she seems to smoke them as she gets them (nothing wrong with that) 65 might be the way to go..so her smokes will be ready when she is.

Just a side note..not trying to be an ass but my name is spelled Royln..LOL if you think spelling it is hard, try to pronouce it.

Rhonda if you wanna PM me your addy I can get the beads out to you this week. I will include the mesh bag that comes with them for you to put the beads into.
    Sorry about that brother, tried spelling without coffee yet, obviously not a good thing, LOL.
    bandyt09:
    smoke em if you got em:
    bandyt09:
    Salem:
    smoke em if you got em:

Sorry about that brother, tried spelling without coffee yet, obviously not a good thing, LOL.
    No worries. At least you know what my name is..spelling it right is awhole different thing..lol
    Thank you!! Deal on the beads made with Smoke 'em if you got 'em!!! Thank you!!
    Salem:
    No problem.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Salem:
    You might want to separate any of those coins in that box that have any real value. I collect coins (mostly gold) and you are not doing anything good by having them all rubbing and banging together in that box. Just sayin'.
    I know, but this is how I love to keep them. No very high value coins in here. I like to take them out and FEEL them lots of times. It's just how I like it. I'm not a REAL coin collector in the sense of the word that means keep them in containers and books etc, except when I was collecting Silver Eagles. I kept those in a book. Anyway, I like em like that, lol!
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    Salem:
    I know, but this is how I love to keep them. No very high value coins in here. I like to take them out and FEEL them lots of times. It's just how I like it. I'm not a REAL coin collector in the sense of the word that means keep them in containers and books etc, except when I was collecting Silver Eagles. I kept those in a book. Anyway, I like em like that, lol!
    Salem, you can get a 1/2 lb of humidity beads from Heartfelt for under $20 (they'll last forever, too), amd store the beads in the humi in some pantyhose. A good digital hygrometer can be had for about the same on Amazon.

Tell hubby you're worth the extra coin (hell , you can spend that much on a nice dinner out), & then prove it to him. Everybody wins.
    JDH:
    Salem:
    Salem, you can get a 1/2 lb of humidity beads from Heartfelt for under $20 (they'll last forever, too), amd store the beads in the humi in some pantyhose. A good digital hygrometer can be had for about the same on Amazon.

Tell hubby you're worth the extra coin (hell , you can spend that much on a nice dinner out), & then prove it to him. Everybody wins.
    I like the way you think. I think it's just the cigar thing he still has not come to terms with but is softening up. The thing is, I make as much money as he does so....I feel like I ought to get what I want withing reason.