Home Ratings & Reviews

The Great Habano Tasting Party

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I know what you meant, and I understand your curiosity. What I'm saying is that most people don't even care what the wrapper is, let alone what particular strain of a particular wrapper it is. My meager efforts did little to uncover more info, it seems the particulars are just not there.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    Oh, they're there. The truth is out there, Scully. I just have to find it.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    dutyje:
    The Regent has a Havana 2000 wrapper.
    So what is the difference between a Havana 2000 and a Habano 2000? Lol, this is getting confusing....
    None, I think. Those 2 words seem to get used more or less interchangeably.
    Right on.

I have some Alec Bradley Harvest Selection 97's on the way. I will look through some of my other sticks and what all I have on the way and put together a Habano sampler to play along too. One question though, I noticed in the first post you listed the Padilla 1932. Aren't they Corojo wrappers? Or are they both Habano and Corojo?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    urbino:
    Oh, they're there. The truth is out there, Scully. I just have to find it.
    i want to believe
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I have all of those already except the punch.
    Upon looking into this a little more, I have found that another of my favorite cigars uses a H-2000 wrapper, the Carlos Torano Exodus. It is only listed as a H 2000, not Habano or Havana, but I am assuming it is the same wrapper used on the Regent, considering Torano's ties with Gurkha.

On to the habano tasting though, here is a list of what I have for habanos:

Nub Habano
    Alec Bradley Harvest '97
    Carlos Torano Exodus (H2000)
    Gurkha Regent (H2000)
    Padilla Habano
    Padilla Signature 1932
    Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet
    601 Green
    Gurkha Sherpa

I will smoke these over the next couple of days and see how I like 'em. The only ones I have already tried are the Exodus and Regent, which are two of my favorite sticks, so I am looking forward to it.
    Welcome aboard, Alien. I'm not sure when I'll start my tasting. Since I just got them, it'll be at least a few weeks. Looking forward to seeing your thoughts on yours.
    dutyje:
    Shenanigans! Shenanigans, I say! I think they should send me a free one. (Or better yet, just send me a box of La Cuna 85s. Cheaper for them, better for me.)
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    lol, maybe I should start a gurkha beauty thread....
    Oh, and CA should send me a free . . . BMW 7-series.

(Can't hurt to try, Feebs.)
    alienmisprint:
    One question though, I noticed in the first post you listed the Padilla 1932. Aren't they Corojo wrappers? Or are they both Habano and Corojo?
    That's part of the "habano" mystery. Several of the cigars in my list say they're "habano," but then list something else as the wrapper. It's all very confusing.
    I noticed that about the 601 and a couple others as well, listed as Habano and something else.

Most of the sticks I have in my list there have already been resting for a couple of weeks, so I figure I might as well get to smokin' em.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    urbino:
    Oh, and CA should send me a free . . . BMW 7-series.

(Can't hurt to try, Feebs.)
    Hey urbi, everyone knows you prefer two wheels to luxury sedans. I have this vision of you riding in the rain, with an umbrella, a lunch box, a news paper folded under you arm, and trying to keep a la Cuna 85 burning evenly.
    Heh. Why not a unicycle?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    urbino:
    alienmisprint:
    One question though, I noticed in the first post you listed the Padilla 1932. Aren't they Corojo wrappers? Or are they both Habano and Corojo?
    That's part of the "habano" mystery. Several of the cigars in my list say they're "habano," but then list something else as the wrapper. It's all very confusing.
    I'm of the opinion that everyone should try the Padilla 1932 not for its wrapper, but for the fact that it is a most excellent cigar.

...and the Padilla whore continues his quest. :)
  • sspl01sspl01 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 11
    Hi,
        The playing of these types of games is really an amazing type of work. These games can really put up the person full on enjoyment.

Joe
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    sspl01:
    Hi,
        The playing of these types of games is really an amazing type of work. These games can really put up the person full on enjoyment.

Joe

The smoking of these types of weed is really an amazing type of drinking. These weed can really fu_ckk up the person full on mushrooms.

WTF?!?!
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    I'll tolchock the veck in his gulliver if I slooshy him govoreeting any more of that chepooka... Kopat?
  • Dude LoveDude Love Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 315
    ACID FLASHBACK!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    sspl01:
    Hi,

Joe
    ummm.what ? Will someone please lock the door?
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    kaspera79:
    sspl01:
    Hi,

Joe
    ummm.what ? Will someone please lock the door?

the weed forum is two doors down...out ya go.....careful don't trip....easy...there we go .....have a nice TRIP .....see ya ....
    Anyway, what's up with "habano"? Is it a real thing?
    dutyje:
    I'll tolchock the veck in his gulliver if I slooshy him govoreeting any more of that chepooka... Kopat?
    ? wow
    Remember those talking worms in MiB? Doody speaks their lingo.
    Ok, here is my list of 12 Habanos to try for this:

Nub Habano
    Alec Bradley Harvest '97
    Carlos Torano Exodus (H2000)
    Gurkha Regent (H2000)
    Padilla Habano
    Padilla Signature 1932
    Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet
    601 Green
    Gurkha Sherpa
    Gurkha Centurian
    Bolivar
    LVH Corojo

All of the sticks listed I have already tried (half of them) I really liked, so I am pretty excited to give the others a shot now.

It seems like alot of Corojo wrappers are also Habano, and I think I read somewhere that the El Mejor Emerald is a Habano, but now I can't find it. What I did find out though, is that El Mejor is made by Don Kiki, the same man who is responsible for 5 Vegas. This explains why I like it so much, lol.
    Sweet list, alien. I didn't know the 601 Green or those two Gurkhas were habanos.
    the centurion was habano? strange. I actually liked it... lol. Okay so I think habano and I aren't liking each other. I really did not like the turk. nor the sol cabano or the nub.
    the centurian is a conni wrapper with honduran tobacco. which explains why I like it..