Home Non Cigar Related

anyone else here not care about football?

2»

Comments

• Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    Again, it's not my thing. Sports fans are like any other group of people. There are the few good ones and then there are the idiots. Unfortunately, the idiots make up the majority of every "group" of people I've encountered thus far. So again, nothing against sports or it's fans, just not for me. Enjoy what you will and be courteous to others.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    I agree with that... I was just curious why people see sports as an evil just because they don't like them... I mean, I really don't like Basketball... Be it the NBA or NCAA I just can't get into it, but I don't think NBA players are evil or go out of my way to say how stupid basketball... I just find it interesting that people who don;t like sports always get on a soapbox to talk about how they don't provide anything positive.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    I honestly can't say sports players do nothing for the world because I don't watch or pay enough attention to know if they do. I didn't mention any evil, just that sports don't do anything for me and I feel players are grossly overpaid, as are actors and most talentless musicians. Not gonna change the world.

Example: I love wine. Went to a wine tasting yesterday and realized how much most people who drink wine actually really suck. Big time. So many rude morons who will push their way to the front of a wine table to get a glass because they're that much more important than anyone else there. And other halfwits who stand at the front of the table b.s.ing with the wine makers or reps to feel some lost sense of self importance like the guy pouring you wine actually gives a ***.

If I did like sports, I'd still hate those same idiots. The one sport I used to watch was MMA (and occasionally Hockey - which both just happen to be sports where the players are slightly underpaid by comparison) and I haven't had any desire to watch that lately for the same reason of the meat heads who watch it and how expensive it's gotten to order the PPVs.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I like going to games, and I use to like watching a game on tv but these days I get so sick of all the sport casters going on and on. I really hate it, and I think it ruins the game. Sure having announcers during a game is good but what espn does is, in my opinion is wayyyyyyyyyyy overboard.
  • ug danug dan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 375
    I'm in the "love college football but dont watch the pros" category. I stopped paying attention 2 weeks ago
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    ug dan:
    I'm in the "love college football but dont watch the pros" category. I stopped paying attention 2 weeks ago
    Yeah. We finally started paying attention to the pros after we both started playing fantasy football. I think we're gonna quit next season though so probably will go back to not caring about the pros.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    robbyras:
    ... I was just curious why people see sports as an evil just because they don't like them... I mean, I really don't like Basketball... Be it the NBA or NCAA I just can't get into it, but I don't think NBA players are evil or go out of my way to say how stupid basketball... I just find it interesting that people who don;t like sports always get on a soapbox to talk about how they don't provide anything positive.
    That's a lot of assumptions. Can I just find them boring, and wasteful instead? No evil, no soapbox, and with the exception of this thread I never even voice my opinion unless asked directly. Even then I usually just change the subject and try to avoid answering.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    Russ55:
    robbyras:
    ... I was just curious why people see sports as an evil just because they don't like them... I mean, I really don't like Basketball... Be it the NBA or NCAA I just can't get into it, but I don't think NBA players are evil or go out of my way to say how stupid basketball... I just find it interesting that people who don;t like sports always get on a soapbox to talk about how they don't provide anything positive.
    That's a lot of assumptions. Can I just find them boring, and wasteful instead? No evil, no soapbox, and with the exception of this thread I never even voice my opinion unless asked directly. Even then I usually just change the subject and try to avoid answering.
    My point is people always talk about the money that Athletes make and say it should go to Teachers and curing Cancer... but no one says that about actors or musicians... I just find it curious...
  • DynaguyDynaguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 49
    Don't give a rip about football or baseball, they're just games. MotoGP now that's a sport. 77 Yamaha 650, 02 Ducati S4 955, 03 Kawasaki ZZR 12, 06 Harley Dyna FXDI 35, 06 Triumph Thruxton, 09 Suzuki DR 650 Supermotard, 05 KX 125 Motocross. I guess you could say I like bikes.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    robbyras:
    jsnake:
    You guys who don't like football need to start a cigar club for ladies. Bunch of Nancys.
    while this probably proves some points as to why some guys DON'T like sports, I think it was said in jest and was pretty damn funny!
    Just poking fun. Fanatics are insane. I work to Lincoln, Nebraska and I love to dog the little red CORNHOLERS. You would be surprised how many people have wanted to have a fist fight because I called them Cornholers. It is the only thing they have. When they lose everyone in that town acts like their own mother died. It is pretty sad and yet funny to me at the same time. I love football and follow a couple pro and college teams.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    jsnake:
    robbyras:
    jsnake:
    You guys who don't like football need to start a cigar club for ladies. Bunch of Nancys.
    while this probably proves some points as to why some guys DON'T like sports, I think it was said in jest and was pretty damn funny!
    Just poking fun. Fanatics are insane. I work to Lincoln, Nebraska and I love to dog the little red CORNHOLERS. You would be surprised how many people have wanted to have a fist fight because I called them Cornholers. It is the only thing they have. When they lose everyone in that town acts like their own mother died. It is pretty sad and yet funny to me at the same time. I love football and follow a couple pro and college teams.
    Yeah.... I'm just gonna say that it's kind of wrong for you to take football away from people in Nebraska. I mean, if it were a place where there were anything else to do besides eat corn, then perhaps, but these poor people REALLY don't have anything else! Stealing from the poor my friend! Stealing from the poor!