Home Cigar 101

How do you keep track of what you have/had?

2»

Comments

• bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    Google Docs spreadsheet for easy access from computer or phone. I just keep basic info like date of purchase, price, where I got it, ring, lenth, and wrapper on the main page. If there is anything notable, whether good or bad, I will jot that down for future reference to see if the next has the same characteristics.

I have two other sheets besides the inventory. One is where I keep a list of wants so I can jot them down and the other is a list of notable smokes that I want to keep an inventory of or would buy again. I don't have a particularly good memory so it's nice to have that as a basic reference.
  • Jaydabomb88Jaydabomb88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 46
    Found this piece of furniture in the garage. Cleaned it up and think it would be a fun/creative way to store cigar bands. It has different size slots for the bigger bands and everything. Needs a touch up here and there as you can see, but it should work. Not sure if I'm going to just put the bands in chronologically or come up with a rating system. We'll see, just thought it was cool!

• 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Dude that is BAD-AZZ, I would LOVE to have something like that to do something just like that!
  • Jaydabomb88Jaydabomb88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 46
    Thanks man! I hoped it would be appreciated :)
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    @Jaydabomb88 - that's pretty BAMF. I bet that will look great hanging on the wall and it's a cool way to display your cigar bands.
  • Rail JockeyRail Jockey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 758
    I use the rate my cigar app for android market. Really grest app.
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 771
    Is there an app for the iPad ?
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    What was it's original use?
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    jlmarta:
    deejmemixx:
    photographic memory

Yeah, riiigghhtt!
    no, am quiet serious, may not remember then name but if I see the band on I will knowif I smoked it and also remember if I liked it or not. Same way with movies.
  • tincup703tincup703 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 58
    A friend of mine uses a simple box used to file business cards. He uses a glue stick to attach the band on a standard business card blank and on the back he lists where he got it, what he paid for it and a mini-review of the cigar. He then files it for future reference.
    I was thinking an old fashioned desk top rolodex would work as well. The blanks are still sold at any office supply store and are pretty cheap.
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    I just know what I have. My problem is when I enter in my Man Cave, I walk around half an hour, open couple humidors and can't decide what to smoke. It is fun for me and also remind me what I have. I enjoy the confusing moment.
    rzaman:
    I just know what I have. My problem is when I enter in my Man Cave, I walk around half an hour, open couple humidors and can't decide what to smoke. It is fun for me and also remind me what I have. I enjoy the confusing moment.
    well just send me the ones that you are not sure about :D
  • azjerry1azjerry1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1
    I use a Humidor notes notebook. it let's you keep track of all the info you want.
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    LOL..good one
    deejmemixx:
    rzaman:
    rzaman:
    LOL..good one
    deejmemixx:
    rzaman:
    just hate seeing a BORK confused is all :D
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    ddubridge:
    Great idea! I just keep the bans in a envlope for now. might have to graduate to the binder.
    ***bandsNecro
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Memory. For what it is. I like finding sticks I've forgotten about so I don't keep up on it very much.
  • variant2variant2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 351
    I made a spreadsheet on the iPad (you will need the Numbers app) to help me keep track of my sticks. If anyone is interested, PM and I'll email you a copy. It requires a small learning curve but once you get the hang of it, it's a piece of cake.

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    variant2:
    I made a spreadsheet on the iPad (you will need the Numbers app) to help me keep track of my sticks. If anyone is interested, PM and I'll email you a copy. It requires a small learning curve but once you get the hang of it, it's a piece of cake.

ugh this would take a long time!!
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Lee.mcglynn:
    variant2:

ugh this would take a long time!!
    That would take way more discipline than I have.
    I can't even take the time to fill out one of those humidor apps to keep track of anything.
  • honorknight7honorknight7 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 525
    I just keep the band, use a ballpoint pen and write on the back of it the maker name, name from the front, style, and on a scale from 0-5 (0=bad/5=great) my opinion on it.
     I know this sounds very simple but it works just fine for me, the only issue for me is the smaller bands making me write smaller :) I keep the bands in separate little file boxes in my desk -1 set for each level 0-5