Home Non Cigar Related

NFL and Peyton Manning

2»

Comments

• The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    boydmcgowan:
    WOW. Gene, as a fellow football fan, I'm sorry for the loss of your franchise QB. He was one of the best and now wil have to try and do it in another jersey. Its never easy to see. I feel for you brother.
    Need some help here fellas... see, I'm a Bears fan so Ive got a quick question.

What is this "franchise quarterback" thing of which you speak? I understand a quarterback is the guy who lines up behind the center, takes the sacks and throws the interceptions, but what does a "franchise quarterback" do? So confusing.... GO BEARS!!!

• JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    Well seeing as he is an older QB I have a feeling my Vikings will pick him up for a season and then let him go because he sucks. We have a great pattern going. Brett Farve, then McNabb, and possibly Manning now lol!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    I still can't believe it. I'm hoping he comes home to TN baby! I know they won't go after him but I can always dream right lol Sorry for the loss Gene. That's huge and as a fan of that team it's hard. When McNair left TN it was hard and this is on a whole different level
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    I still say Payton has thrown his last pass an an NFL quarterback. Let's turn him on to cigars.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    beatnic:
    I still say Payton has thrown his last pass an an NFL quarterback. Let's turn him on to cigars.

Well , if we did tirn him on to cigars . Can you imagine how long it would take him to light one doing all the hand gestures and changing the "play" as he starts to light it ???

Peyton : Hey Gene , hand me one of my personal blends old Irsay gave me the day I left .
    Me: OK ... Here you go bro ...
    Peyton: FLICK .. FLICK ... CUtter 54 ...blue ...no no scissors ... Xikar blue 54 ... cut ...no ..flip back ...PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH ... BLUE 54 PUNCH ... ... ahhhh .... Damn , Why does it take me so long to cut a cigar ???

Me: I don't know Peyton , don't worry about it , just enjoy the cigar and life buddy .
    Peyton : Yeah , your right , whatta you want to do after we finish these cigars ?
    Me : I dunno , want to take your jet somewhere and see if we can find some Cohiba Behikes ?
    Peyton : Sounds like a plan to me !!!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    gmill880:
    beatnic:

Well , if we did tirn him on to cigars . Can you imagine how long it would take him to light one doing all the hand gestures and changing the "play" as he starts to light it ???

Peyton : Hey Gene , hand me one of my personal blends old Irsay gave me the day I left .
    Me: OK ... Here you go bro ...
    Peyton: FLICK .. FLICK ... CUtter 54 ...blue ...no no scissors ... Xikar blue 54 ... cut ...no ..flip back ...PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH ... BLUE 54 PUNCH ... ... ahhhh .... Damn , Why does it take me so long to cut a cigar ???

Me: I don't know Peyton , don't worry about it , just enjoy the cigar and life buddy .
    Peyton : Yeah , your right , whatta you want to do after we finish these cigars ?
    Me : I dunno , want to take your jet somewhere and see if we can find some Cohiba Behikes ?
    Peyton : Sounds like a plan to me !!!
    bahahahahahaha hilarious!
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    The Sniper:
    boydmcgowan:
    WOW. Gene, as a fellow football fan, I'm sorry for the loss of your franchise QB. He was one of the best and now wil have to try and do it in another jersey. Its never easy to see. I feel for you brother.

What is this "franchise quarterback" thing of which you speak? I understand a quarterback is the guy who lines up behind the center, takes the sacks and throws the interceptions, but what does a "franchise quarterback" do? So confusing.... GO BEARS!!!

HAHAHA, yeah dude, I'm a little spoiled in that department being a Pats fan. They've had 3 pretty good ones dating back to the Mid 70s I think almost back to back. Grogan, Bledsoe and Brady. The later Grogan years we're weird though, and then there was the odd few years between him and Bledsoe. And if you can beleive it I was convinced they made the wrong call to stick with Brady once Bledsoe was healthy. Swing and a miss there Boyd hahaha

Man the bears though, you guys we're ok in the McMahon years and then you had Harbaugh for a handfull of years after that and he was solid but that ended in, what the early 90s? hahahaha, how many QBs have you had starting since then? A new one every year? been a rough road for you Bears Fans.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Boymc------lets not talk about the Bears Ok my friend....as with fans of all Chicago teams (which I am for all of them)------wait til next year. J.C. is our savior!!!
    boydmcgowan:
    The Sniper:
    boydmcgowan:

HAHAHA, yeah dude, I'm a little spoiled in that department being a Pats fan. They've had 3 pretty good ones dating back to the Mid 70s I think almost back to back. Grogan, Bledsoe and Brady. The later Grogan years we're weird though, and then there was the odd few years between him and Bledsoe. And if you can beleive it I was convinced they made the wrong call to stick with Brady once Bledsoe was healthy. Swing and a miss there Boyd hahaha

Man the bears though, you guys we're ok in the McMahon years and then you had Harbaugh for a handfull of years after that and he was solid but that ended in, what the early 90s? hahahaha, how many QBs have you had starting since then? A new one every year? been a rough road for you Bears Fans.

Sniper maybe you guys end up with Manning ... you just never know ...
    boydmcgowan:
    They were both solid QB's, but I still dont understand what the "franchise" thing is about.

And just to clear up some misinformation, we have NOT had a different quarterback starting QB all those years!!!

We've had three every year. Sometimes four. Maybe when I get some free time (!) I will post up a list of the scrubs we've run out there in the time between Harbaugh left and we picked up Jay Cutler. And Vulchor is right - everyone saw last year exactly what that kid can accomplish when upright and allowed to do so. Now that we've got "Mad Bomber" Martz out of the way, we at least have a chance to kick the a$$ & take the names. GO BEARS!!!

gmill880:
    Sniper maybe you guys end up with Manning ... you just never know ...
    I do in fact know. Spoke to Peyton earlier this afternoon and he told me the NFC in its entirety is off the board, as he doesnt want to compete (read: embarass) with his little brother for the right to go TO the Super Bowl. He wants to beat his butt IN the Super Bowl, and the only way he can do that is to stay in the AFC. Take it to the bank!

Besides, Ive watched the replay of his news conference today... is that crying? Are you crying??? YOU CANT CRY!!! THERE'S NO CRYING IN FOOTBALL!!!

After that little display, we dont want the mamby pamby little wussy boy. He wouldnt fit AT ALL. In the city of broad shoulders, when you're hurting, you hide it the best you can, suck it up, drink a lot of beer to deal with it. Thats how REAL men do it! Dont believe me, go ask Ditka. Or any former Bear not named Cedric "Nobody in the locker room likes me" Benson for that matter. Crying? Jeez....

GO BEARS!!!

• bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    I haven't seen anything on the Peyton issue or read anything. I will say that for Indy it was a great business move releasing him and come next year Peyton will still be a Colt. Yes, I know that he was released today. I said he would still be a Colt next year, just not a 28 million dollar Colt..........
    The Saints just put up some money to take him out before next season.
    beatnic:
    The Saints just put up some money to take him out before next season.

They actually wrote a check ... all their cash is tied up in NFL fines !!!
  • cmartincmartin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 130
    I have a feeling Manning will be brining his talents to South Beach.