Home Non Cigar Related

Tornadoes, tornadoes everywhere.

RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
That time of year again. We've actually got a line of them here which is pretty rare. So far so good.

Comments

• DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    I've been checking in on my friends back home n in Alabama. Thankfully everyone is safe
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
  • Un_SubUn_Sub Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 210
    watch your a$$ man, they can be cool to watch when they are in the middle of nowhere, it isn't so cool when they hit population. Been there, done that. NOT doing it tomorrow! I was in a truck that was actually picked up 2-3 feet off the ground and set back down....not fun, and we were parked under a highway overpass.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Hope you all stay safe. Tornadoes and hurricanes terrify me, I'll keep my earthquakes thank you kindly.
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    Yeah luckily they stayed north of us today, but Southern Indy got it bad. We watched it unfold this afternoon, and if the destruction wasn't bad enough to see, there was one report of a baby between 2 and 3 found in a field pretty banged up, and they still don't know where the parents are or even where the baby is from. They have confirmed 4 casualties so far....

Keep those that got hit today in your prayers....
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    i got sent home from work early because we had some bad stuff headed our way, luckily most of it missed us.
    CvilleE:
    Yeah luckily they stayed north of us today, but Southern Indy got it bad. We watched it unfold this afternoon, and if the destruction wasn't bad enough to see, there was one report of a baby between 2 and 3 found in a field pretty banged up, and they still don't know where the parents are or even where the baby is from. They have confirmed 4 casualties so far....

Keep those that got hit today in your prayers....
    Just an update....The parents called in and the little girl is back with her parents now...they announced it after I posted...
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    The county I live it was hit pretty hard. No reports of tornadoes, to my knowledge. One of the neighboring counties lost it's Courthouse, FD, Ambulance Service and hospital. Rumors of multiple casualties. We've sent two EMS units to help with the retrieval and clean-up. I've been trying for hours to contact my wife, who's at her parent's house, but land lines and cell service are down. Wish me the best, brothers...
    Toombes:
    The county I live it was hit pretty hard. No reports of tornadoes, to my knowledge. One of the neighboring counties lost it's Courthouse, FD, Ambulance Service and hospital. Rumors of multiple casualties. We've sent two EMS units to help with the retrieval and clean-up. I've been trying for hours to contact my wife, who's at her parent's house, but land lines and cell service are down. Wish me the best, brothers...
    You got it dood. be careful over there.
    Thanks, wolf. The storms have passed for now, but still no luck with communication...
    Toombes:
    Thanks, wolf. The storms have passed for now, but still no luck with communication...
    We'll be prayin for you bro...
    I appreciate it, brothers. It's driving me crazy to sit here helpless not knowing if my pregnant wife and our son and daughter are ok...
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    Hope all goes well for you in tornado country. We are getting a major snow storm and expeting it to turn to freezing rain before it's all over. Expecting a couple feet of snow first. Like the snow, but I have been way to close to a few tornadoes in the past.....scary stuff.
    Just got an update from my brother-in-law. Campton received major hail damage, including my wife's new car. Aside from those damages, everyone is ok. I appreciate the prayers and good vibes sent my way from my fellow BoTL.
    Got lucky here, they passed just south of us. You could almost track th storms by watching the sky move by.
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    We were right in the path of the tornados last night in GA. Luckily we didn't get any damage.
    I made the mistake of looking at pictures of the devastation left by the storms. As an emergency responder, I feel an instant need to rush off and help whoever I can in such a situation. I truly feel blessed to have been missed by the storms, even though the city I live in was hit with severe hail damage. All of these survivors and the families who lost loved ones will be in my prayers for a very long time. And, yes, I was concerned about my fellow BoTL's who live in the areas hit by the storms and it gladdens my heart to know that everyone seems to have made it through unharmed.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    djbeenie:
    We were right in the path of the tornados last night in GA. Luckily we didn't get any damage.
    Yeah, I got lucky too. It would seem that I live in the GA tornado alley...yay. Last bad storms that came through one touched down about 3 miles from my house and was tracked for about an hour. Thankfully, it wasn't that bad this time...the storms went about a mile north of me.
    Toombes:
    Just got an update from my brother-in-law. Campton received major hail damage, including my wife's new car. Aside from those damages, everyone is ok. I appreciate the prayers and good vibes sent my way from my fellow BoTL.
    Glad to hear everyone madeit through ok. Still waiting on ok'd from a couple of folks
    Toombes:
    Glad to hear everyone madeit through ok. Still waiting on ok'd from a couple of folks
    Thanks, brother. Hoping everything turns out ok for you.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    Yea, we got pretty darn lucky too. Tornadoes all around us. Got sent home early Friday, called in early this am for Dammage Assessment. Luckilly for us, it was a short day. There are many communities around us that got hammered.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    My thoughts are with anyone who is dealing with these storms. Hope all settles down real soon.
    JDH:
    Yea, we got pretty darn lucky too. Tornadoes all around us. Got sent home early Friday, called in early this am for Dammage Assessment. Luckilly for us, it was a short day. There are many communities around us that got hammered.

Glad to hear all is well with you, Dave.
    They are starting early and strong this year. Can you say 2012.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Glad you guys made it thru ok ...
    Just imagine how bad it's gonna get when "storm season" actually hits...
    Toombes:
    Just imagine how bad it's gonna get when "storm season" actually hits...
    That's my thought.....
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
    I used to HATE Mother's Day when I was stationed at Fort Knox. I think tornadoes hit on Mother's Day for three years straight.
    Crazy thing is now the tornado damage that occured is covered in snow.....this is going to be a long spring....