Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Multiples/Doubles Trade

oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 630
I just finished part 1 of my workout tonight, and maybe my light headedness has got my blood moving in a different direction, but I have yet another idea for a trade. I want to trade with someone (or multiple people, who knows), and here is how it goes down.

You have many types of cigars, but you only have certain cigars of which you have multiples. I would like to make a blind trade with someone, wherein we both take ONE OF EVERY cigar that we have TWO OR MORE of, and we send them to each other. Not only do you stand the chance of getting something interesting, but you also will get a very interesting snapshot of where that person is in the their smoking career. It's kind of like a smokeable time capsule that you are offering up to your B/SOTL so that he/she might conflagrate the tobacco that currently defines your life.

who's in?

btw - someone tell me the name of a newb who deserves a beating with the ugly stick.

Comments

• Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 843
    Huh. That's a different one. Good idea. If my multiples weren't so crappy compared to everyone else (nothing like black & moldies though) I might jump on this. It will be interesting to see what someone trades you for.
  • 415415 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 951
    hmmm... i dont have any boxes large enough to make a trade like this.
    this is an interesting idea but the trade is bound to end up lopsided if a newb trades with sombody that has a large colection. (off the top of my head i have two or more of at least 50 sticks)
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 630
    415:
    this is an interesting idea but the trade is bound to end up lopsided if a newb trades with sombody that has a large colection. (off the top of my head i have two or more of at least 50 sticks)
    2 or more of 50 cigars!?!??! ....uhm, well, I will just put it out there, then, that I am probably the newb in this trade. I didn't really think about the lopsidedness... Maybe I could send my multiples out first, and then whatever insane breed of cigar smoker gets it can simply match the number of sticks I sent.

I keep thinking I have a lot of cigars and then someone says something like "oh sure, I have doubles of at least 50 sticks"..... mind = blown.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600
    Yup. Same here. I would have to send a BIG box.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    yea we are talking like ~200 cigars here ;-) I think I'm going to have to pass, although I do really like the idea
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,471
    oldsoulrevival:
    415:
    2 or more of 50 cigars!?!??! ....uhm, well, I will just put it out there, then, that I am probably the newb in this trade. I didn't really think about the lopsidedness... Maybe I could send my multiples out first, and then whatever insane breed of cigar smoker gets it can simply match the number of sticks I sent.

I keep thinking I have a lot of cigars and then someone says something like "oh sure, I have doubles of at least 50 sticks"..... mind = blown.
    Sounds like a good idea to me, I think we're probably in the same boat. I feel like I have plenty of sticks, but I know it pales in comparison to most vets here. I'm in if that works for you.
    ejenne87:
    yea we are talking like ~200 cigars here ;-) I think I'm going to have to pass, although I do really like the idea
    WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?! hahaha Seriously, is this where my obsession is heading?! I thought I was maxed out when my humidor couldn't fit anymore, but now.....200... tha..I.....you.....**sigh**

Well, this sucks - I really liked the idea of this trade... if anyone normal still wants to play, then let me know. Obviously, you freaks of nature with 200 multiples won't jump on this. GET HELP! :P
    oldsoulrevival:
    415:

lol i was the same way when i was getting started. i only had a 50 count humi for the first 4 months. now i find myself thinking the 80 qt coolidor is too small
    415:
    oldsoulrevival:
    415:

lol i was the same way when i was getting started. i only had a 50 count humi for the first 4 months. now i find myself thinking the 80 qt coolidor is too small
    I'm half way there, I think the 48qt is too small.
    oldsoulrevival:
    ejenne87:
    WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?! hahaha Seriously, is this where my obsession is heading?! I thought I was maxed out when my humidor couldn't fit anymore, but now.....200... tha..I.....you.....**sigh**

Well, this sucks - I really liked the idea of this trade... if anyone normal still wants to play, then let me know. Obviously, you freaks of nature with 200 multiples won't jump on this. GET HELP! :P
    It's actually just a case of buying 5-10 of a cigar at once and smoking a couple, trading a few and then trying something new with 2-4 left resting/aging. Sometimes if I see a really good deal on a cigar that I know I love I'll buy more than 10 but I usually just stay with that trend so I can keep trying new stuff :-)
    I'm in, if you didn't see my post earlier.
    ejenne87:
    oldsoulrevival:
    ejenne87:

It's actually just a case of buying 5-10 of a cigar at once and smoking a couple, trading a few and then trying something new with 2-4 left resting/aging. Sometimes if I see a really good deal on a cigar that I know I love I'll buy more than 10 but I usually just stay with that trend so I can keep trying new stuff :-)
    And now that I go take a look, I don't think there is any cigar I have just one of. Maybe the flying pigs and one or two sizes of Opus X, but other than that I have at least 2 of every cigar in my collection. YIKES! I've spent too much money on smokes...
    OchoZacho:
    415:
    oldsoulrevival:
    415:

yes i see a cabinet in my near future. i would offer you my 80 qt but the shipping would cost more than a new one
    OchoZacho:
    OKAY! Now we are talking! (I think we were posting at the same time, so I missed it). PM to you sir.... to everyone else, stay tuned for the carnage.
    ejenne87:
    ejenne87:
    oldsoulrevival:
    ejenne87:

And now that I go take a look, I don't think there is any cigar I have just one of. Maybe the flying pigs and one or two sizes of Opus X, but other than that I have at least 2 of every cigar in my collection. YIKES! I've spent too much money on smokes...
    if you can still pay rent, you havent spent too much.
    consider it an investment in your future
    415:
    OchoZacho:
    415:
    oldsoulrevival:
    415:

yes i see a cabinet in my near future. i would offer you my 80 qt but the shipping would cost more than a new one
    That's funny, I turn 30 in July and I keep hinting to my wife that I need more storage. An 80 count might be in my near future but if I'm lucky I'll just pass it on by and go with the cabinet.
    This should be fun!
    oldsoulrevival:
    OchoZacho:
    OKAY! Now we are talking! (I think we were posting at the same time, so I missed it). PM to you sir.... to everyone else, stay tuned for the carnage.
    Replied!
    415:
    ejenne87:
    ejenne87:
    oldsoulrevival:
    ejenne87:

if you can still pay rent, you havent spent too much.
    consider it an investment in your future
    haha I consider it an investment in my sanity! I live with 4 other room mates and it can be crazy around here, especially on the weekends. It's nice to be able to sit out on the porch and be in peace for an hour or two every once in a while
    OchoZacho:
    oldsoulrevival:
    OchoZacho:
    Replied!
    You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar!
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    You know me, Rich, I'd be all up in this but, alas, I have no multiples at present... Love the idea, though. I'll stay tuned to view the carnage on my handy dandy View-Master!
    oldsoulrevival:
    OchoZacho:
    oldsoulrevival:
    OchoZacho:
    Replied!
    Not hardly, but it will be fun none the less. Question though, do you prefer Grape flavored or Apple?
    Toombes:
    You know me, Rich, I'd be all up in this but, alas, I have no multiples at present... Love the idea, though. I'll stay tuned to view the carnage on my handy dandy View-Master!
    Maybe next time :) I really like how the Black Spot has been going, and it seems like everyone is enjoying it. In case it isn't obvious, my goal is to create as many interesting trades/events on this site as possible haha. Forum Sampler (check), Black Spot (check), Multiples (Check)... I have another idea brewing (<---hint) but I need to wait until this month is over and my finances aren't so turbulent.
    OchoZacho:
    oldsoulrevival:
    OchoZacho:
    oldsoulrevival:
    OchoZacho:
    Replied!
    Not hardly, but it will be fun none the less. Question though, do you prefer Grape flavored or Apple?
    Either, so long as it has a wooden tip. :P
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 843
    oldsoulrevival:
    Toombes:
    Maybe next time :) I really like how the Black Spot has been going, and it seems like everyone is enjoying it. In case it isn't obvious, my goal is to create as many interesting trades/events on this site as possible haha. Forum Sampler (check), Black Spot (check), Multiples (Check)... I have another idea brewing (
    Huh. Brewing?!?! I would say count me in if it involves beer, Ale, etc. That is giving me some ideas!!
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    oldsoulrevival:
    Toombes:
    Maybe next time :) I really like how the Black Spot has been going, and it seems like everyone is enjoying it. In case it isn't obvious, my goal is to create as many interesting trades/events on this site as possible haha. Forum Sampler (check), Black Spot (check), Multiples (Check)... I have another idea brewing (

Rather conspicuous... NOT! Go ahead and put me down for this one!
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    This sounds like a fun idea! I, too, cannot play due to volume. But I hope this idea catches on, as it seems like a fun way to try some new stuff.
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 771
    It sounds interesting and would be able to do 5 to 6 cigars if I were to take one from each if that enough let me know.
    Gaetano7890:
    It sounds interesting and would be able to do 5 to 6 cigars if I were to take one from each if that enough let me know.
    OchoZacho and I are actually doing this round, but I might do it again. I'll be posting the shipping # soon.
    0310 3490 0000 4281 3310