Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

UPS/USPS

beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
No. This isn't to compare them. This is about their teaming up to piss me off. I've been following a SprintSale purchase from UPS for 7 days. Yesterday it was on a truck, in my town, and, and, and they dropped it off to the USPS Office. TagTeam to piss me off.

Comments

• RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    I hear ya. My last 3 purchases from the sprint site have all been shipped UPS...but delivered by USPS. What gives huh. Who knows...
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    some kinda money saving thing you can bet, my order of mow sides made monday were suppose to be usps priority, i see they went ups and wont be here till monday, will see if usps ends up delivering or not, was told it was some kinda glitch and taken care of but it happend before and was suppose to be taken care of. ups sucks and the drivers i have dont give a ****, sometimes they will just sit the box by my front gate where anyone can see and grab before i get home, my usps lady will knock on my door and makes sure i get it or hide it by my door where i ask her too if im not here
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Yup....so much for fast shipping... UPS could F up ketchup...
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    my Shorties went UPS-USPS. Luckily I live close of enough to PA that it only ads an extra day.
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    Direwolf:
    my Shorties went UPS-USPS. Luckily I live close of enough to PA that it only ads an extra day.
    My last order did the same thing. I live IN PA and it still added the extra day.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    I've had that happen, too. when I inquired about it, UPS told me that anything under 1lb was transferred to the USPS for final delivery. Didn't really make sense to me considering I've had UPS drop tattoo machines I've ordered straight to my door.
    Well I checked my tracking number and found that the goods are in town so the real question is, will it be UPS or USPS. If I was a betting man, I would wager on USPS. But as for what was listed above about 1lb or less sounds like bullsh!t to me. Lazy driver didn't want to go out of his/her way of making a delivery.
    RampMonkey:
    Well I checked my tracking number and found that the goods are in town so the real question is, will it be UPS or USPS. If I was a betting man, I would wager on USPS. But as for what was listed above about 1lb or less sounds like bullsh!t to me. Lazy driver didn't want to go out of his/her way of making a delivery.

Update:

1ZEW9678YW04112792

Postal Service Tracking ID: 92612924912489551000524073
    Shipped/Billed On: 03/02/2012 Type: Package Weight: 1.90lbs
    Boise, ID, United States 03/09/2012 12:09 P.M. Package transferred to post office

Delivery schedule today some time. Why go through all this trouble..I mean if its going to USPS in the end...just send it USPS in the first place. Just some supplying some feed back.
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    UPS Really does suck with cigar shipments!!

Placed tons of orders last week on Thursday 12/20. Yes with the holidays and all, just tracked all the packages and they are due in on 12/28!! WOW!! USPS shipped one out on 12/20 and it was out for delivery on Monday, 12/24, but my business was closed so they will bring it back out today. They are much faster than UPS with these packages!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    USPS stole my peppers!
  • BombayBombay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,207
    Feel ya on the UPS tip! Ordered something 10 days before christmas says if you order by this date, three days after I ordered, we will guarantee delivery by Chirstmas, doesn't ship for two days, sits in a wherehouse for two days because they couldn't find my zip, uh sure, wont be delivered for another three days! Damn You UPS!!!
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    they know the zip after they feed the info. in the puter, i was mailing one once and the guy had to change my zip after he fed in the info. cause the puter caught it, they are just making excuses because they dropped the ball,,,,again
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    UPS has been doing this for quite a while now, it's part of a contract they have with the USPS. Instead of taking the time and gas to deliver every package to every house UPS bundle drops at the local post office and has them do it since they are making the rounds anyway.

This is how most items that 'ship for free' will come. My postmaster told me last year it saves UPS an estimated $2/package, now that adds up fast. I gotta believe the extra revenue from the contract also helps the struggling USPS as well, but you'd never know it based on the grumbling at the post office, lol.
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    I'm fine with saving money on shipping and all, but it's nothing but frustrating. Placed an order on Wenesday that shipped on Thursday after Christmas. Even though it's 5 business day shipping, I thought for sure I'd have the cigars in hand today. Tracking showed them arriving in town overnight Sunday/Monday. UPS delivered stuff on Monday, so I figured they'd process the box and give it to USPS for delivery today. Nope, it sat all day on Monday doing nothing and got sent to the Post Office today. Darned Holidays.
  • Un_SubUn_Sub Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 210
    It's not like the post office is slow or anything, I placed an order (with them) for some flat rate shipping boxes to be delivered to my house last Friday, Even with the holidays, they have delivered my mail 4 times since then, yet my order is still processing. You would think that they could just throw a pack of boxes in with the rest of my mail and deliver it the next day!
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    If you get your order through a Rep., you can request that he just use USPS. The USPS can be slow, but they don't have as many downtime problems. And if it comes from them eventually, why not? Ordering online and Sprint sales will all get shipped UPS and, if less than a a certain weight, will get forwarded to USPS (2 day process). Yep. It sucks.