Home Non Cigar Related

WAR on Women continues....

2»

Comments

• clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    RBeckom:
    I respectfully bow out of this one.
    Yep. It's been fun fellas. I'm with RBeckom. Send us a PM when it's over.
    Going to start new thread labelled "Silly Wars."
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    beatnic:
    JDH:
    beatnic:
    JDH:
    Note: Those imprisoned "citizens" have been deliberately disenfranchised from our democratic process if they are serving felony sentences, because after they are released, they have lost their voting priveliges. This is by design.

Conservatives have been waging a "War on Liberals" since the Civil Rights Movement. The newest chapter in this long, never ending assult, is the "War on Women", but most certainly includes the "War on Drugs".
    BS. You know, or are ignorant to the fact, that this whole women/contraceptive/abortion debate has been organized by the administration "wag a dog". Not one candidate, or representative of the Republican party was even talking about such stuff until George Stefonopolis(sp.) put it out in that debate. This "war on women" is totally staged by the administration to gain favor with women.
    By the way, Obama's approval numbers have dropped by 9% since it started. Looks like the republicans won this stupid debate.
    We'll have to agree to disagree, because, from my point of view there is no common ground, and I do not wish to discuss anything with someone who would chose to decide that I am ignorant because I disagree with your assessment.

Please re-read my statement. It has to do with facts and whether or not you know them.
    If there is a fact out there, one either knows it, or is ignorant to the fact (def. lacking knowledge). Pure and simple. If you were ignorant to the fact, that is acceptable. The fact that I was referring to was that the Dems started the most recent WOW controversy, not the Reps. This is a provable fact. (You should be able to prove me wrong, if not?) Now, if you didn't know this, your ignorance is acceptable to back up your statement. Perhaps you only got the left media's reporting of it. If you actually knew the fact to be true, then saying the opposite would not be good.
    Where the hell do you get that? I mean wow. It wasn't the democrats that were pushing legislation to take freedom from woman and their bodies, that came from the GOP. The law from the first posting is an example. War on Woman has been going on for some time by the GOP. Hell they even tried stripping funding to planned parenthood and while doing so went around spewing all sort of lies about them. If anyone is ignorant it is you and people like you. What legislation has the democrats passed that hindered women or forced them to do things against their wishes when it came to their bodies? If anything Dems are weak and go along with things from time to time. If the democratic party kept their positions (mostly as unified as they are) and had the firm holding of the GOP then that would be great but they don't, they are way too wishy washy.
    ...I also suppose you think the democratic party started the "war" on the middle class and class warfare.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Phobic, the legislation was to protect doctors. Did you hear the one about Obama starting a war against Religion?
    War on woman......., give me a break.
    Phobic, this is the law that you feel is sooo egregious that it constitutes an act of war on all women.
    Would you please explain in ordinary English how it could be construed that way?
    A. A DOCTOR IS NOT LIABLE FOR DAMAGES IN ANY CIVIL ACTION FOR WRONGFUL BIRTH BASED ON A CLAIM THAT, BUT FOR AN ACT OR OMISSION OF THE DEFENDANT, A CHILD OR CHILDREN WOULD NOT OR SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN BORN.
    B. A DOCTOR IS NOT LIABLE FOR DAMAGES IN ANY CIVIL ACTION FOR WRONGFUL LIFE BASED ON A CLAIM THAT, BUT FOR THE NEGLIGENT ACT OR OMISSION OF THE DEFENDANT, THE PERSON BRINGING THE ACTION WOULD NOT OR SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN BORN..
    C. A DOCTOR IS NOT LIABLE FOR DAMAGES IN ANY CIVIL ACTION FOR DAILY LIVING, MEDICAL, EDUCATIONAL OR OTHER EXPENSES NECESSARY TO RAISE A CHILD TO THE AGE OF MAJORITY, ON A WRONGFUL PREGNANCY OR WRONGFUL CONCEPTION CLAIM THAT, BUT FOR AN ACT OR OMISSION OF THE DEFENDANT, THE CHILD WOULD NOT OR SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN CONCEIVED..
    D. THIS SECTION APPLIES TO ANY CLAIM REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE CHILD IS BORN HEALTHY OR WITH A BIRTH DEFECT OR OTHER ADVERSE MEDICAL CONDITION.?.
    E. THIS SECTION DOES NOT APPLY TO ANY CIVIL ACTION FOR DAMAGES FOR AN INTENTIONAL OR GROSSLY NEGLIGENT ACT OR OMISSION, INCLUDING AN ACT OR OMISSION THAT VIOLATES A CRIMINAL LAW..

• xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    beatnic:
    Phobic, this is the law that you feel is sooo egregious that it constitutes an act of war on all women.
    Would you please explain in ordinary English how it could be construed that way?
    A. A DOCTOR IS NOT LIABLE FOR DAMAGES IN ANY CIVIL ACTION FOR WRONGFUL BIRTH BASED ON A CLAIM THAT, BUT FOR AN ACT OR OMISSION OF THE DEFENDANT, A CHILD OR CHILDREN WOULD NOT OR SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN BORN.
    B. A DOCTOR IS NOT LIABLE FOR DAMAGES IN ANY CIVIL ACTION FOR WRONGFUL LIFE BASED ON A CLAIM THAT, BUT FOR THE NEGLIGENT ACT OR OMISSION OF THE DEFENDANT, THE PERSON BRINGING THE ACTION WOULD NOT OR SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN BORN..
    C. A DOCTOR IS NOT LIABLE FOR DAMAGES IN ANY CIVIL ACTION FOR DAILY LIVING, MEDICAL, EDUCATIONAL OR OTHER EXPENSES NECESSARY TO RAISE A CHILD TO THE AGE OF MAJORITY, ON A WRONGFUL PREGNANCY OR WRONGFUL CONCEPTION CLAIM THAT, BUT FOR AN ACT OR OMISSION OF THE DEFENDANT, THE CHILD WOULD NOT OR SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN CONCEIVED..
    D. THIS SECTION APPLIES TO ANY CLAIM REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE CHILD IS BORN HEALTHY OR WITH A BIRTH DEFECT OR OTHER ADVERSE MEDICAL CONDITION.?.
    E. THIS SECTION DOES NOT APPLY TO ANY CIVIL ACTION FOR DAMAGES FOR AN INTENTIONAL OR GROSSLY NEGLIGENT ACT OR OMISSION, INCLUDING AN ACT OR OMISSION THAT VIOLATES A CRIMINAL LAW..

In addition to stopping doctors from sounding like drug commercials and protecting them from not telling women EVERY possible result of a pregnancy, the law stops what are called "Wrongful birth" lawsuits. These are lawsuits that are banned in most States, essentially because it involves the parents suing on behalf of the child, with the claim of the child being "I should never have been born". Pheebs, you can blame our Judeo-Christian heritage or whichever boogeyman you want, but courts have essentially said they aren't going to entertain a lawsuit by a person claiming they should have been cast into oblivion rather than being allowed a chance at life.

It's kind of an extension of laws making suicide illegal - on the surface, they seem stupid, but they serve another purpose - it stops the people who attempted suicide from suing the people who saved them for assault and battery, the idea being "You're not going to be allowed to sue the guy who saved your life" - courts don't allow ingrates to sue. Same idea as Wrongful birth - "You're not going to sue someone claiming you should have been killed rather than allowed to live"

xmacro:
    beatnic:

In addition to stopping doctors from sounding like drug commercials and protecting them from not telling women EVERY possible result of a pregnancy, the law stops what are called "Wrongful birth" lawsuits. These are lawsuits that are banned in most States, essentially because it involves the parents suing on behalf of the child, with the claim of the child being "I should never have been born". Pheebs, you can blame our Judeo-Christian heritage or whichever boogeyman you want, but courts have essentially said they aren't going to entertain a lawsuit by a person claiming they should have been cast into oblivion rather than being allowed a chance at life.

It's kind of an extension of laws making suicide illegal - on the surface, they seem stupid, but they serve another purpose - it stops the people who attempted suicide from suing the people who saved them for assault and battery, the idea being "You're not going to be allowed to sue the guy who saved your life" - courts don't allow ingrates to sue. Same idea as Wrongful birth - "You're not going to sue someone claiming you should have been killed rather than allowed to live"

I could not have said it better. Really, I'm challenged in this art. Thanks, X.
    xmacro:

I approve of this message.
    beatnic:
    Phobic, the legislation was to protect doctors. Did you hear the one about Obama starting a war against Religion?
    Let's just make doctors or anyone not liable for their actions. Sure a lot of lawsuits are pathetic but passing a law that makes it not even possible to file suite is not right. I suppose you are all for torte reform and other laws that make it even tougher for people to get any reimbursement.

Besides the original post was about make women get a invasive ultrasound, but even passing a law on women that there is no recourse for allowing a doctor to hide facts during the pregnancy. GOP always says it is for limited govt but when it comes for getting into our personal lives they are so with that. In Arizona they are trying to pass a law that requires women to tell their employers if they are taking birth control, if the employer inquires about it. Then they can ask them what they are using it for. They then can fire the woman if they are using it for birth control. WTF!

GOP have started a war on woman along with workers in this country in the middle class and the poor. They are gutting their states (in which the gop have control) public sector, laying off thousands of workers, passing more tax cuts for high income people and business's and destroying the safety net of those states. On a national stage and even in some states they are trying to take down planned parenthood! They've been against any form of infrastructure but are all about huge amounts of tax cuts, hell even some governors gave back fed money for construction projects, and some that took it used it to balance their budget.
    phobicsquirrel:
    beatnic:
    Let's just make doctors or anyone not liable for their actions. Sure a lot of lawsuits are pathetic but passing a law that makes it not even possible to file suite is not right. I suppose you are all for torte reform and other laws that make it even tougher for people to get any reimbursement.

Besides the original post was about make women get a invasive ultrasound, but even passing a law on women that there is no recourse for allowing a doctor to hide facts during the pregnancy. GOP always says it is for limited govt but when it comes for getting into our personal lives they are so with that. In Arizona they are trying to pass a law that requires women to tell their employers if they are taking birth control, if the employer inquires about it. Then they can ask them what they are using it for. They then can fire the woman if they are using it for birth control. WTF!

GOP have started a war on woman along with workers in this country in the middle class and the poor. They are gutting their states (in which the gop have control) public sector, laying off thousands of workers, passing more tax cuts for high income people and business's and destroying the safety net of those states. On a national stage and even in some states they are trying to take down planned parenthood! They've been against any form of infrastructure but are all about huge amounts of tax cuts, hell even some governors gave back fed money for construction projects, and some that took it used it to balance their budget.
    Lets just make it that women have no personal responsibility for their choices. Of course, its' always a man's fault.
    I'll ask you again, Phobic. Do you have any children?
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    phobicsquirrel:
    beatnic:

Ruh-roh

Better start sending in that check to the DNC to stop the evil Re-thug-licans from eating babies, drowning kittens, and nuking all the Blue States.

• wwesternwwestern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,386
    Hey Pheebs wouldn't less lawsuits lead to cheaper health care? Wouldn't that be good for the cause that the left seems to love to promote? Oh yeah, also when the hell did peoples desire to protect life become a war?!
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    wwestern:
    Hey Pheebs wouldn't less lawsuits lead to cheaper health care? Wouldn't that be good for the cause that the left seems to love to promote? Oh yeah, also when the hell did peoples desire to protect life become a war?!
    Most people are in favor of birth control and the right of choice. Also, if the person chooses to abort the fetus it is not the same as taking a life-----courts have decided that. You may want a philosophical or religious argument to the contrary, but its a fact.

Also war is defined as an armed conflict between two groups with differing ideas. And while this issue may not have guns or rocks or grenades or the like-----I think both sides have their arm's they use in this battle. They might be money, or signs about whore women, or the like------but the term war isnt too far off.