Home Non Cigar Related

Beer!

2»

Comments

• firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    clearlysuspect:
    I know a few people have mentioned Killians. I can't drink the stuff anymore. Anyone who is in the Naval Aviation field and went through NATTC Pensacola knows that they serve 3 beers on tap at the Enlisted Club: Budweiser, Bud Light, and Killians! I have drank so much Killians it literally makes me nauseous to even smell it. Only beer this happens with.
    Coors does the same for me. Being 40 miles from the brewery, and growing up on the cheep swill has taken its toll.
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 843
    firetruckguy:
    Krieger:
    Im a huge stout and porter junky... a local place called Mount Dora Brewery/ Rocking Rabbit Inn makes the BEST porter ive ever had. 10.5% ABV, served ice cold, sweet, roasted coffee, smooth chocolate all wrapped up in a smooth malty finish... and all hand made... and organic!
    Hint: left Hand Milk Stout......... you can thank me later ;)
    I had it about a year ago. LOVE IT!!! At least one bar here in Peoria keeps it on tap. I will have to get a pint when I do a little bar hopping at the end of the month.
    There is a local brewery out of Davenport, IA called Great River Brewery. They have some amazings brews. The only package it to sell, in stores, in cans. Its a full one pint can. My fav. at the moment, from them, is Redband. It is a Stout with coffee added. They use a local roasters beans in the stout. If you love coffee and beer, this is the perfect combo. I fell in love with it on my first sip. I want one now!!!!
  • JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    Bobbo2009:
    There is a local brewery out of Davenport, IA called Great River Brewery. They have some amazings brews. The only package it to sell, in stores, in cans. Its a full one pint can. My fav. at the moment, from them, is Redband. It is a Stout with coffee added. They use a local roasters beans in the stout. If you love coffee and beer, this is the perfect combo. I fell in love with it on my first sip. I want one now!!!!
    Get some and send me some lol! That stout sounds awesome.
    JSaint:
    Bobbo2009:

PM to ya!!
    Bobbo2009:
    JSaint:
    Bobbo2009:

PM to ya!!
    Awesome. PM back atcha.
    Just gonna put these here. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket These are all the beers I am in the process of aging. Have a fridge with most of my IPA's ranging from Hopslam to SN Ruthless. Love me some beer but I totally have to slow down lol.
  • gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    JSaint:
    Just gonna put these here. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket These are all the beers I am in the process of aging. Have a fridge with most of my IPA's ranging from Hopslam to SN Ruthless. Love me some beer but I totally have to slow down lol.
    Nice! Havin a couple Oskar Blues 10-fidys tonight. Amazing Imperial stout.
    I need to try more Oskar Blues stuff. Ive only had the Dales. Also did you hear they are starting to can 16oz and thinking about canning spirits?
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 181
    Just about to finish a Great Divide Brewing - Old Ruffian Barley Wine. Yow, it's fantastic!
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    Nice score, Jsaint on the King Henry and Bramble Rye. Haven't had either and can't find the Brambles around here but have a few KHs. Pumpking is amazing with a year on it. Haven't had the backwoods *** but heard it's pretty awesome. Doing a small, ultra rare beer tasting here next weekend with some good friends. I'll be cracking my CBS, King Henry and BC Coffee. We'll see what everyone else brings and if I feel the need to crack any more. I'll post pics.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    JSaint:
    Bobbo2009:
    +2
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    I'm pumped up to see so many fellow BOTLs not sucking on the budswill.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    I've got most of a case of 2005 Dominion Millenium barleywine down in the basement. Will have to crack one open and see how it's doing. Found some Kennebunk Brewing Porter at Traders a few weeks ago (5.99/6) and was pretty pleased with it, Haven't done any of my own brewing for a while now.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    The last tasting at mi casa:

King Henry was the winner of the night. Bourbon County Coffee and Firestone Sucaba were very close behind. As good as Founder's products are, I'm just not that impressed anymore. I don't feel like waiting in line outside of a store and scrapping with people over a bottle. Sorry, Founder's, I'm done.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    (Had to quote it to see the pics)Very cool man.

Bump. And A call out to Bobbo again. Thanks for setting me up with the Redband again. Went back to my local store who finally started carrying it and bought that and Hop-A-Potomus from Great River as well.