Home Non Cigar Related

The dog

J.S.J.S. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 751
So I wake up last night with the smell of skunk in the air. My wife says, "there was on outside when I let the dog in." Still groggy I lay back down but 15 min. later I still smell it just as strong and the windows are down. I get up to see what's going on but outside the air is fresh and clean. Inside I go but it still reeks. Can a skunk get in the attic she asks, well I guess so up I go but it seems good there too. Then as my head began to clear I yell go smell the dog! Then I hear Oooh! That is the problem! OMG, she let the dog in the bedroom after being sprayed by a skunk. Now that is bad enough but all of my smokes are in there too! The smell had filled the whole house by then so even moving them to a different spot was not helpful. I have finally got the room smelling good again. The dog after a shave, 2 tomato baths, and yet another bath with baking soda, smells not quite tolerable and is out side. I have not opened my sticks yet, and I don't think I will today. I hope that they are OK! What was she thinking! Why did it take me so long to think what about the dog! Crap!

Comments

• DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    Lol Had a dog that loved tangling with skunks.
  • J.S.J.S. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 751
    Ya, it is starting to get funny but it really wasn't for most of the day!
  • RBeckomRBeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,099
    Funny.

second vote.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Funny story, hope the smokes are ok.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Yes tangling with Pepe LePew is not recommended for humans or dogs !!!
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Yep, it's that time of year, romancing the skunk. It's weird how different dogs react. Our old blue-heeler got skunked, once. The Boxer, however, would go out every year, kill the skunk, and bring it home! Very proud. I'd look out the window, and the heeler was pressed up against the fence, as far away as he could get, Boxer doesn't understand why nobody wants to play. What's funny is, our pit-bull would love to kill the skunk, but the resultant bath isn't worth it. The new boxer, however, well...Damn! It's skunk season, oh crap
  • TheedgeTheedge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 316
    It's that time of year, usually a skunk will show up and hang around the pond. I try and keep an eye/nose out for him. It's funny, I yell skunk and my boxer high tails it for the house. He's gotten skunked three times, I think he's learned his lesson. Good lord though, I swear it takes a month to get the smell 100% gone.

The last time was pretty funny though. The dog chasing the skunk....skunk chasing the dog...dog chasing the skunk....the dog thought it was a game, the skunk did not.