Home Ratings & Reviews

Game: Name a cigar youve NEVER heard a bad word about.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    less than sign
    br
    greater than sign.

hit quote on this post to see it.

line breaks a plenty.
  • smbrinksmbrink Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    kuzi16:
    less than sign
    br
    greater than sign.

hit quote on this post to see it.

line breaks a plenty.
    I

see

thank

you

very

much!
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    Just a few that i've never heard bad things about:

Nub Connecticut
    5 Vegas A
    Oliva V Maduro (i know, someone already said it but...)
    Camacho 1962
    Onyx Reserve

That's about it for now... i'm sure there's more floating around in my head but i can't think of them.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    j0z3r:
    I have been getting more than my share of tar buildup lately, what's up with that?
    I blame the terrorists.
    j0z3r:
    Come June, I'm looking to make that right, my #3's will have a year on them and ought to be in prime condition.
    Yeah, those oughta be yummy.
    bacon.jay:
    Just a few that i've never heard bad things about:

Nub Connecticut
    5 Vegas A
    Oliva V Maduro (i know, someone already said it but...)
    Camacho 1962
    Onyx Reserve

That's about it for now... i'm sure there's more floating around in my head but i can't think of them.
    oooh... tuffies...

5 vegas A is one of my favorite every day smokes, but i have had some construction issues with them...sometimes it shows up in the burn, sometimes in the draw. I am trying to decide if i like them with some age on them. so far im leaning to no.

Nub Connecticut... again, my favorite connecticut right now. the problem with me and connecticut wrappers is the grassy taste they give out. though it is mild in this smoke, it is still there.
    ... and with its large ring gauge it feels like im smokin a ... well, nevermind....

Oliva V Maduro... here is the biggest problem: they didnt make enough. that is a huge down side to this cigar.

camacho 1962... i like this cigar... but only after about 6 months of rest/age on them. when i first tried them, i actually didnt like them at all. I ordered them the day they were released. i smoked one 6 weeks after delivery. hated it. i let the other 4 sit in the humidor for 6 months. i gave 3 out in PIFs or whatnot. then i gave it another shot. I promptly ordered more and put them all in the aging humidor.

Onyx Reserve...
    Nicaraguan binder?
    i got nothin.
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    ok ok! based on all these reviews I couldn't pass up adding a few of these on my pre schip order.
    Jdorais:
    ok ok! based on all these reviews I couldn't pass up adding a few of these on my pre schip order.
    WTF? How did this post end up on this thread? I was posting to the Romeo y Julieta Viejo review. hmmm
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Jdorais:
    Jdorais:
    WTF? How did this post end up on this thread? I was posting to the Romeo y Julieta Viejo review. hmmm

sometimes drinking and posting will cause this lol ...
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 404
    Sorry, I'm too lazy to read all of the posts

Oliva V Maduro - Kuzi, you just aren't asking the right people
    Tatuaje
    La Riqueza
    Cuabo
    Liga Privada
    Camacho Liberty
    Anejo
    Master Blends
    vankleekkw:
    Sorry, I'm too lazy to read all of the posts

HA!
    ill just be to lazy to respond to those double listed...just kidding.
    vankleekkw:
    Oliva V Maduro - Kuzi, you just aren't asking the right people
    with a cigar that good a "limited Production" is ALWAYS to small.

Tatuaje
    i havent had enough of these to comment... sorry. i cant smoke 100% of the time...

La Riqueza
    ditto

Cuabo
    ditto

Liga Privada
    though it didnt rate as high as some other cigars i have had i cant expressly tell you what made it only a 9.0 in my catalog. I guess i was impressed but not overwhelmingly so.
    ...just whelmingly

Camacho Liberty
    I had burn issues. mine was in a coffin box and still had a seal on it. the broken seal would have been a bad sign, but the unbroken seal means that i cant see it. the construction was very poor. this is actually my least favorite camacho.

Anejo
    its not an OpusX...
    no but seriously, the coffee early in the cigar was a bit strange to me. I know thats picky as hell but... you guys wanted to know the worst of it.

Master Blends
    the only problem with this cigar is that i have yet to try it.
    ... and its Nicaraguan. but thats just me.
    gmill880:
    Jdorais:
    Jdorais:

friends dont let friends drink and post.
    kuzi16:
    gmill880:
    Jdorais:
    Jdorais:

friends dont let friends drink and post.
    put the glass down and step away from the keyboard...
    kuzi16:
    Liga Privada
    though it didnt rate as high as some other cigars i have had i cant expressly tell you what made it only a 9.0 in my catalog. I guess i was impressed but not overwhelmingly so.
    ...just whelmingly

I thought this this stick was very complex and at times was taking me awhile to pick up on the flavors. I need to get some more to continue to figure out everything going on with this stick

Camacho Liberty
    I had burn issues. mine was in a coffin box and still had a seal on it. the broken seal would have been a bad sign, but the unbroken seal means that i cant see it. the construction was very poor. this is actually my least favorite camacho.

What year did you have? I have only had the 04, 05, and 07. None have had any issues with them. My favorite was the 05.

Anejo
    its not an OpusX...
    no but seriously, the coffee early in the cigar was a bit strange to me. I know thats picky as hell but... you guys wanted to know the worst of it.

I actually like these better than the opus because of the coffee/bitter chocolate flavors

Master Blends
    the only problem with this cigar is that i have yet to try it.
    ... and its Nicaraguan. but thats just me.

Get Them!!!
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Punch Rare Corojo
    Jetmech_63:
    Punch Rare Corojo
    its not rare, AND its not corojo

it got an 8.6 in my catalog.

its actually one of my least favorite punch cigars. (but fear not, even that is better than a lot of other cigars)
    I feel so violated.!!! ROLF :)
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    Four pages and no ones mentioned the Perdomo ESV '91? Honestly have never met anyone who didn't like these.

And oh yeah, I had a cousin named ROLF! He owned a pub.
    What a coincidence! I usually ROLF after coming back from a pub!!
    i was thinking about this thread and searched for it.. I forgot why i was thinking about this thread in the first place but i ran into a comment that i didnt comment back on...

I said the Ashton VSG round 1999 wasnt that good because it was past its peak. the VSG is better IMHO.

that or you got me confused with someone else.

edit: I remember now.

the 5 vegas miami: yeah.... it was ok i guess till then end. then it sucked reallllly bad.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    I have only heard good things about the AVO Domaine. Very tasty, floral flavors. Mmmmm.
    So who has the list of ones that NO ONE can say a bad word about?
    laker1963:
    I have only heard good things about the AVO Domaine. Very tasty, floral flavors. Mmmmm.
    how the *** did you do this? are you psychic? I just smoked one of these while you were posting this.

but to shoot that down...

the draw was a bit too easy and the leather on the aftertaste lingered a bit too long.
    on that note, i still gave it a 9.3. if you wait a few minutes ill have a review up.

oh... i didnt get the floral notes you were talking about.
    vankleekkw:
    So who has the list of ones that NO ONE can say a bad word about?
    i dont know. but the way i look at it, cigars are like people. everyone has their good and bad points. even the best cigars out there have their down sides. it gives them character. Im not sure about any of you, but i have yet to smoke a cigar that would get a rating of 10 in my catalog. therefore every cigar (even great ones) that i have smoked i can say a bad thing about.
  • VidarienVidarien Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 246
    Kuzi would probably be able to nail the entire list, so i basically consider what he deems above a 9.0 to be something "he didnt say a bad word about."
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    In the sake of naroowing down lists here----I will throw my 2 cents in (or 3 due to inflation) and say a bad word about a few cigars..... CAO America (bad word), Gurhka Beast (bad word), Ashton VSG (bad word) Sorry to be the hater, but someone has to do it.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    kuzi16:
    laker1963:
    how the *** did you do this? are you psychic? I just smoked one of these while you were posting this.

but to shoot that down...

the draw was a bit too easy and the leather on the aftertaste lingered a bit too long.
    on that note, i still gave it a 9.3. if you wait a few minutes ill have a review up.

oh... i didnt get the floral notes you were talking about.
    LOL. Must have been all that "thought energy" in the air or something. I was thinking about those cigars quite a lot a couple of days ago and then I came across this post about cigars you never hear bad things about and the rest is history...
    Now, as for the "Floral" taste that I mentioned that you never got?... Well that right there is why I do NOT do reviews. I have a hard time putting a name to a flavor and then someone else will mention that it was more like "such & such" and I then agree with them!
    Funny because that "floral" word was Urbi's when he was trying to express the flavor to me when I mentioned that the flavor was a mix of different taste's that I could not put my finger on. He said "Floral" and it just seemed to fit. So I will stick to my psychic guesses of Kuzi's next cigar review, and let people like yourself put the names to the flavors. These sticks do ROCK tho. They would be a VERY FINE weekend blitz or One Day Deal, wink, wink.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    kuzi16:
    Jetmech_63:
    Punch Rare Corojo
    its not rare, AND its not corojo

it got an 8.6 in my catalog.

its actually one of my least favorite punch cigars. (but fear not, even that is better than a lot of other cigars)
    I will agree with kuzi's words about the rare corojo. I have a thing about false advertising, I refuse to smoke the damn thing.
    Vulchor:
    In the sake of naroowing down lists here----I will throw my 2 cents in (or 3 due to inflation) and say a bad word about a few cigars..... CAO America (bad word), Gurhka Beast (bad word), Ashton VSG (bad word) Sorry to be the hater, but someone has to do it.

Wow ...you didn't like the VSG? Did you smoke more than one? They are one of my favs and I've never had a bad one...what did you not like about it ...just asking ...
  • 0 That Guy 00 That Guy 0 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 188
    I have to agree with Vulchor. The VSG was the 2nd cigar I smoked when I picked up this hobby. Since that point I have put down a good 15 cigars and still have yet to find one that satisfied me as much as the VSG did. That being said I haven't been smoking long enough to contribute solid input but with every puff I was thinking to myself "this is why people smoke cigars."
    0 That Guy 0:
    I have to agree with Vulchor. The VSG was the 2nd cigar I smoked when I picked up this hobby. Since that point I have put down a good 15 cigars and still have yet to find one that satisfied me as much as the VSG did. That being said I haven't been smoking long enough to contribute solid input but with every puff I was thinking to myself "this is why people smoke cigars."

uummm that guy ..... Volchor did NOT like the VSG ......I was asking why not since I loved it ...glad you enjoy it too ;)....not that me liking it means anything other than I like it ...