Home Non Cigar Related

Cooking: exchange recipes

2»

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Fired up a tasty treat on the grill last night - BBQ rub pork chops. Thought I'd share it with you all. It's a little smoky & a little sweet and sure to please everyone's tastes.

For the rub:
    (Take how much total rub you want to make then divide out for the measurements - I usually make 5+ cups at a time and store the extra in an airtight container)

1/3 white sugar
    1/3 brown sugar
    1/6 smoked paprika**
    1/12 salt
    1/12 ground black peppercorn

**The paprika we use for this recipe is home-made and much smokier than the "store-brand"/pre-packaged kind. It's been my experience that ours is usually about 2x smoky as the "regular" store brands.
    So if you are using a regular type paprika bought from the supermarket, I'd recommend upping the paprika and cutting back the sugars to get the same level of smokiness.

Fire up the grill to medium-high heat. Put a good coating of rub on the pork chops.
    For a 1/2 in thick chop, grill 6-min each side.
    Let rest for 3 minutes.
    Enjoy!

• marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    jgibv:
    Fired up a tasty treat on the grill last night - BBQ rub pork chops. Thought I'd share it with you all. It's a little smoky & a little sweet and sure to please everyone's tastes.

For the rub:
    (Take how much total rub you want to make then divide out for the measurements - I usually make 5+ cups at a time and store the extra in an airtight container)

1/3 white sugar
    1/3 brown sugar
    1/6 smoked paprika**
    1/12 salt
    1/12 ground black peppercorn

**The paprika we use for this recipe is home-made and much smokier than the "store-brand"/pre-packaged kind. It's been my experience that ours is usually about 2x smoky as the "regular" store brands.
    So if you are using a regular type paprika bought from the supermarket, I'd recommend upping the paprika and cutting back the sugars to get the same level of smokiness.

Fire up the grill to medium-high heat. Put a good coating of rub on the pork chops.
    For a 1/2 in thick chop, grill 6-min each side.
    Let rest for 3 minutes.
    Enjoy!

I just drooled on my keyboard....thanks
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    marineatbn03:
    I just drooled on my keyboard....thanks
    LOL, sorry about your keyboard dude.
    And yeah, I've been tinkering with that recipe for a while, finally nailed it down late last summer when we got some home-made paprika from my (soon to be) in-laws. It's the smokiness that makes it.... and it's so simple but sooo good.
    No extra BBQ sauce is needed if you use this rub, I promise - it's got a ton of flavor and when that sugar caramelizes, mmm mmm mmm....

$hit now I'm drooling on my keyboard. haha
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Tonight is Cannelloni, or Manicotti if you prefer.

20 empty shells
    15 oz Ricotta cheese
    8 oz cream cheese
    package of chopped spinach, drained
    2 eggs
    shredded mozarella cheese
    shredded parmesan cheese
    salt, pepper, dried oregano and basil to taste.

mix it all together and shoot the filling into the shells, top with sauce and more shredded mozarella, cover and bake until shells are soft, about 1 hour..

• rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    I want to try this, thanks Joe.
    j0z3r:
    Tonight is Canelloni, or Manicotti if you prefer.

20 empty shells
    15 oz Ricotta cheese
    8 oz cream cheese
    package of chopped spinach, drained
    2 eggs
    shredded mozarella cheese
    shredded parmesan cheese
    salt, pepper, dried oregano and basil to taste.

mix it all together and shoot the filling into the shells, top with sauce and more shredded mozarella, cover and bake until shells are soft, about 1 hour..

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    You should, I'm quite pleased with how it came out. One suggestion, don't go easy on the sauce as it will be absorbed some by the noodles and some will boil off. 375 is a good baking temp, but 400 works too.
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Apprecitae the temp tips. thanks!
    j0z3r:
    You should, I'm quite pleased with how it came out. One suggestion, don't go easy on the sauce as it will be absorbed some by the noodles and some will boil off. 375 is a good baking temp, but 400 works too.