Home Non Cigar Related

Family Treasure

RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
So there I was sitting at the kitchen table at my folks place when I was on vacation when the topic of cigars came up. My mother has always been a supportive of my hobbies and she was wanting to know if I brought any with me on vacation. I said that I did and right about then my step-father came in and join in on the discussion.

After a few minutes my step-father mentioned that he used to smoke a pipe when he was younger. This blew me away for I didn't even know that he used to smoke let alone a pipe. He mentioned that back in his 20's he used to smoke 3 packs a day and decided to stop with the cigarettes and tried his hand at a pipe.

Without warning he stood up and walked to his bedroom. After a few moments he came back with a box that hasn't seen the light of day since god know when. He opened the box and produced the following items, well minus the dust that had collected:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was the contents of the Humior:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Talk about finding a family treasure, I was just amazed that he still had his pipe let alone a collection. If folks are wondering that is an unopened bag of tobacco that was stored in him humidor :D The over all condition of the item to me was in great shape. Not too bad for items that are over 40 year old.

I thought it was cool that he asked me if I wanted the items before asking his biological son first. With a huge grin on my face, I explained that I have a perfect spot for such items in my office :D

I just wanted to share some family treasure with the gang here and if anyone would like to comment please feel free to do so.

Comments