Home General Discussion

wife, girlfriend or significant other support your hobby?

Comments

• RedRex06RedRex06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 155
    I'm not exactly sure how "supportive" my lovely wife is, per se, but she doesn't mind that I do it. She thinks its quite attractive, which is a big plus, but she doesn't like the smell of the smoke, so she won't kiss me while I taste like it, but I've snagged a couple while hitting the Cafe con Leche and she didn't mind. So, as my interest, collection, and investment grows, we shall see where it leads. I was discussing making a humidor out of an old trunk/chest thing today and she thought it would be pretty cool.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    well......my wife lets me smoke the occasional cigar in the basement when i haven't smoked in a few days so that is pretty supportive......i guess.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Opened a package from bandy09 today, which contained a black tube. Took out The Pvnisher and wifey gave it a sniff, then said, "That is the best smelling cigar, EVER!!!" LOL! Yup... she's supportive!
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Puff_Dougie:
    Opened a package from bandy09 today, which contained a black tube. Took out The Pvnisher and wifey gave it a sniff, then said, "That is the best smelling cigar, EVER!!!" LOL! Yup... she's supportive!
    Let her take the first few puffs on that one
  • bert873bert873 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 854
    My wife used to get upset everytime I would talk about cigars, want to buy some, or smoke one. Things have changed recently, (ever since Rain hit me with a big hit and forced me into getting a coolidor). She must have just accepted things now cause she doesn't really get upset about them anymore.
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    Oh ya, now I remember, I do have a wife ! huh weird. I knew I heard something the other day.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    curtpick:
    Oh ya, now I remember, I do have a wife ! huh weird. I knew I heard something the other day.
    Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha! Love it!
  • Car RamrodCar Ramrod Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 16
    I steal his best cigars. Here is one smoking at a concert over the summer.

smokin outside
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,371
    That's cool. ^
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Don't let Snooby see it..
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    Wait, there are women like this out there??? Man, I gotta find new places to hang out. ;)
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    I love when this older posts get resurrected, especially when I am hopped on on pain meds because I can't remember if I responded earlier and don't have the focus to go back and check. So I get to answer it again!

my fiancé is supportive enough that she buys me cigars and has even gone to a cigar lounge with me but doesn't smoke and is happier in the summer when I smoke outside instead of the garage.
  • ejgormanejgorman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 891
    I wouldn't say my wife is supportive, but she did put an allowance into the budget for cigars ??
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    My wife actually bought me 50 cigars and has on more then one occasion fronted me the money for specials and Sprint. But, since I only smoke in my room I wonder if it was to keep me there. Hmmm....
  • AshMeAshMe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 336
    So my wife called me at work and said she wanted to try a cigar today! She wanted to see what the fuss was all about. Unfortunately, it didn't go so well (I gave her a 5 vegas gold corona). She had a hard time puffing, didn't like the taste, plus we were a bit rushed because she had to go to a meeting and wanted a few puffs before her shower. I'm thinking of a do-over that can be better planned and with at least an hour to spare so we can talk. Anyone have any ideas of a good smoke and strategy for a first time woman who has never smoked anything before, and hardly drinks?
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,070
    You definitely need a relaxing setting - that's what it's all about. I would suggest an Acid Kuba Kuba or a A.F Hemingway Short Story. But how exciting that she's interested! In a way, I'm glad that my wife approves but doesn't want to try them - would double my monthly cigar bill :^)
  • UnicornUnicorn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 444
    What a timely post. I'm slowly dragging my husband over to the dark side myself. All I can say is that I tried a Drew Estate Naturale first and it was sweet and girly. In my opinion anyways. And after a couple of those I tried the Epernay Illusione and Oliva V and decided big girl cigars were better.
    ^^ Thanks for that Unicorn. Nice to have a girl in the midst that can relate!
    AshMe:
    ^^ Thanks for that Unicorn. Nice to have a girl in the midst that can relate!
    For what it's worth, I didn't like the Java that much. It was the only cigar I've tried that I felt meh about.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    AshMe:
    Chemnitz:
    You definitely need a relaxing setting - that's what it's all about. I would suggest an Acid Kuba Kuba or a A.F Hemingway Short Story. But how exciting that she's interested! In a way, I'm glad that my wife approves but doesn't want to try them - would double my monthly cigar bill :^)
    Yeah I was thinking about infused, but none of my B&Ms carry ACID. :
    Take a look at the CAO Flavours sampler. DE Natural line is a great suggestion as Unicorn (Jaime) stated. A relaxed setting will help immensely too.
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,070
    AshMe:
    Chemnitz:
    I have a few lying around here that I'm never going to smoke. PM your addy.
    I'm convinced you guys LIVE at the post office.
    Chemnitz:
    AshMe:
    Chemnitz:
    I have a few lying around here that I'm never going to smoke. PM your addy.
    Awesome man. You'll really be doing a brother solid. Thanks! PM sent.
  • TridentTrident Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,005
    Unicorn:
    I'm convinced you guys LIVE at the post office.
    more so single handedly keeping the PO in business
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,122
    Ha! Well I get the "9:00 glare" I call it. Bout 9:00 after the little one is asleep I'm eyeballing my humidor as the wife is eyeballing me. Walking by my cooler, I quickly grab one on top and like I'm a thief when she isn't looking stealthily slip the rolled goodness into my pocket. My lighter and cutter is another challenge. It's in the kitchen nook. So I clean up a bit, make some racket and slip slip one and two into my other pocket. Thinking I'm Scott free I slip out the side door.
    Belaboured point I know, but fellas look up and thank your maker if your other half herfs with you or is completely fine with it.
    okay off my soapbox lol
    ^^ omg. I can totally relate. I think, "why the heck am I acting like I'm stealing from myself in my own home???!!!" Although...she HAS loosened up a bit when I want to smoke though. I only do the thief act when I have to bring in NEW cigars. :^O
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,122
    AshMe:
    ^^ omg. I can totally relate. I think, "why the heck am I acting like I'm stealing from myself in my own home???!!!" Although...she HAS loosened up a bit when I want to smoke though. I only do the thief act when I have to bring in NEW cigars. :^O
    Her big deal is what is spend on cigars. Even with a budgeted allowance I still get the glare..Very frustrating. But I rarely go out, no bars, no guy time ( with one little one and another due at minute)..just cigars so I think she somewhat understands....hopefully. lol
  • mb92755mb92755 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 17
    I started picking up a smoke once in a while last year at this time and during the winter. She didn't mind. Complained about the smell on me. Then after I decided to put the sailboat up for sale and spend more time at home, I started buying and trying cigars in earnest. Giving up the boat is a major deal so I just said "cigars are my new vice" Period. If I spend $40-50 at a time on cigars it's still far short of what I've been spending on the boat. And I'm home.