Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Strangeness ensues....

The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
OK, this is a little weird to post in the Trades, Passes & Bombs section... but its a weird situation and Im not sure where else to put it that would be more appropriate.

A couple weeks back, I did a favor for my brother who lives in Chicago. In return by way of payment for the goat rope that favor turned into, I asked my brother to send me some very specific cigars.

The week following, I received a bunch of Graycliff cigars (which was not what I told my non-cigar-guy brother to send me) drop-shipped from a vendor Ive never heard of, which contained no note or clue as to whom may have had them sent.

So then, the purpose of this post is two-fold - first, if one of the BOTL around here was the person who sent me the cigars, I want to thank them but dont know who should get the credit. If THIS is the case, please come forward and identify yourself so I may thank you properly... and I apologize for the delay in getting to this sincerely.

Secondly, if it was NOT somebody here, I need to know so that on my next three day weekend (pipe dream I know) I can drive to Chicago and beat my brother about the head and neck for screwing up what I told him to do. The Graycliff cigars are VERY nice, but the cigars I asked for are rather unique and he is in a unique position to get them for me. If he took the lazy route (getting on the world wide interweb from the comfort of his recliner instead of getting off his dead azz and driving to the spot in the city where he could have purchased them as I instructed him to do) and screwed it up, Im going to have to thrash him.

Its the only brotherly thing to do, as if this is the case he has stuck it DEEPLY in my azz TWICE now and reparations are very much in order. :-)

So, before I spend the gas money and drive 18 hours round trip for the sole purpose of beating my brother - anybody? Anybody? Beuller? Beuller? :-)

Thank you my brothers - Sniper OUT

Comments

• y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    What kind of Graycliff's were they?
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    You can lead a horse to Montes, but you can't make him buy the right stuff.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Marker:
    You can lead a horse to Montes, but you can't make him buy the right stuff.
    LOL In this case (IF it was my brother) you can tell a jackass EXACTLY what to buy and where to buy it... but at the end of the day, ya just cant fix stupid! :-D

Probably four different blends, with multiple vitolas of each. To be completely honest, they came while I was in the middle of a back episode last week... opened the box, saw the name of the company which sent them (nobody Id ever done business with before, and like a moron I threw the box away and cant remember the name of said company now. Drugs are great!) put the cigars in coolidorasaurus and forgot about them until today.

Bumpapotamus to the top of the thread, wanna give it one last shot before I put the contract out on my brother. LOL

• scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    I can personally say I did not send those sticks to you.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Wasnt me either...
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    Thanks guys, Hoping to not beat my brother up for something he may or may not have done... but hey, at the end of the day what are brothers for, right? LOL

Thanks guys, Hoping to not beat my brother up for something he may or may not have done... but hey, at the end of the day what are brothers for, right? LOL

• jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    The Sniper:

It certainly was not me, and that is very strange. I'd say someone (your bro?) is trying to punk you. And I like the way you think, now you got an excuse to whoop your bro LOL.....and pick up the cigars you wanted in the first place.

And plus it's like you got some "bonus" graycliffs out of the deal....sounds almost like a win-win for you. (Other than the long drive of course)
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    I have an idea. Pm me.
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    Glen didn't someone send you some unbanded Graycliff's and Obsidians last year as part of something? Maybe he/they thought you'd run out of them by now and wanted to resupply your stock.
    jgibv:
    The Sniper:

It certainly was not me, and that is very strange. I'd say someone (your bro?) is trying to punk you. And I like the way you think, now you got an excuse to whoop your bro LOL.....and pick up the cigars you wanted in the first place.

And plus it's like you got some "bonus" graycliffs out of the deal....sounds almost like a win-win for you. (Other than the long drive of course)
    Im thinking this was a case of the people he ordered from doing a "suitable replacement" kind of thing, a la the "T" site maybe? Like I said the box came from a vendor Ive never done business with or even heard of, so who knows.

dennisking:
    I have an idea. Pm me.
    Got it brother, replied.

Yes they did! LOL A great hit too, which if memory serves correctly necessitated the bombing of the entire STATE of CA on my part in retaliation. :-) I dont think the culprits would do something that heinous again, as they DONT want me showing up at the next SoCal herf with a baseball bat instead of a herfador. LOL

• RBeckomRBeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,099
    The Sniper:

Finally someone else is double-posting. I thought I was the only-one here afflicted with this rare condition. :-)
    The system used to always kick it back at me when I wold accidentally do it, nto so much anymore...
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    The Sniper:
    Yes they did! LOL A great hit too, which if memory serves correctly necessitated the bombing of the entire STATE of CA on my part in retaliation. :-) I dont think the culprits would do something that heinous again, as they DONT want me showing up at the next SoCal herf with a baseball bat instead of a herfador. LOL

I'd do it again in a heartbeat if it would get you out to a SoCal herf, the longest running continuous herf on Cigar.com by the way.