Home Cigar 101

Bottled water vs Distilled

marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
Anyone had any major issues using bottled water to season the humi? Thats all I have available and just wondered if there would be any reprecussions from it.

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Are you overseas? Otherwise, I can't imagine not having access to distilled water (at every grocery store, and even convenience store/pharmacy for like a buck per gallon)... I don't think you'll have any major problems with spring water, but distilled is definitely preferred.
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    I am overseas, thats why I asked. All I have is bottled water, just wanted to make sure there wouldn't be any major issues.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Check with your motor pool. They should have some distilled water. ; )
    But discoloring, possible mineral deposits and the like would be the only thing I could think of as problem.
    I don't have a motorpool. That would be nice. Would boiling the bottle water help eliminate some of the minerals? (forgive my ignorance, been out of chemistry class a loooong time)
    Who does the maintenance on the vehicles over there?

You wouldn't need to boil it, just let the steam collect on the lid of the pot and use that water to wipe it down. The water that collects on the lid of the pot would be the closest thing to distilled as you would get. It would be better than nothing.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Nope. Boiling water would kill bacteria and maybe some fungal spores. Minerals will stay in the water though. Traces of lead will only turn into hot traces of lead when boiled. However, like 0patience said, collecting condensed water (distilled) from the top is better than nothing if there's no distilled water for sale.
    0patience:
    Who does the maintenance on the vehicles over there?

You wouldn't need to boil it, just let the steam collect on the lid of the pot and use that water to wipe it down. The water that collects on the lid of the pot would be the closest thing to distilled as you would get. It would be better than nothing.
    We are a very small outpost, our vehicles are leased. I will try that, that will be the easiest I think.
  • aeon_spiral@yahoo.comaeon_spiral@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    you know what we would be great if we could get this guy a care package some sticks some water some comforts of home. thatd be awsome. its easy to forget how great things are here when one of our brothers doesnt even have access to distilled water...
    aeon, PM to ya!
  • aeon_spiral@yahoo.comaeon_spiral@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    0patience:
    aeon, PM to ya!
    and replied brother
    That isn't neccessary, I have some stuff coming, but I appreciate it anyways.
    Yeah, I'm thinking you pretty much don't get a say in it anymore. ROFL!
    Lol, still have to have my adress right? So don't I have a little say?
    marineatbn03:
    ya...people talk and i have the addy homes :)
    marineatbn03:
    LOL! The one thing I have found out about this forum is that someone eventually gets your address. And once that happens. Well, let's just say it is a matter of time before the "right" people gets it. ROFL!!

Besides, it's the least we can do for a fellow BOTL and a marine.
  • airborneollyairborneolly Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 24
    man some of the guys on here got the idea to bomb me and my guys, and i suggest that you get an old mermite and make a coolidor out of it thats what we did, because you are going to need it. lol good luck
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
    We have the same problem here in Kuwait. No distilled water anywhere. Solution? Boveda packs. Problem solved.
    Well, guess I don't have much say then. Time to head to the bunker.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    0patience:
    marineatbn03:
    LOL! The one thing I have found out about this forum is that someone eventually gets your address. And once that happens. Well, let's just say it is a matter of time before the "right" people gets it. ROFL!!

They are all the "right" people here. None of us are wrong
    marineatbn03:
    Well, guess I don't have much say then. Time to head to the bunker.
    Haha watch out
    I am not sure if my little compound can take a big blast, I am scuured
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Direwolf:
    0patience:
    marineatbn03:

They are all the "right" people here. None of us are wrong
    Well, Lassie might get pretty wrong when he starts drunk posting :p
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    marineatbn03:
    ya...people talk and i have the addy homes :)
    Aeon, if you would be so kind to PM your address I have a donation as well. I have a bunch of Gurkhas that he wants to try. If its okay with you I'll send them to you to throw in with what you're sending.
    Pay back is a mother. Refrence a great movie the 300- "This will not be quick, you will not enjoy this"
    marineatbn03:
    Pay back is a mother. Refrence a great movie the 300- "This will not be quick, you will not enjoy this"
    Dude, you have no idea how this is snowballing. ROFL!!
    I can only imagine, as much fun as the brothers here like to have.
    0patience:
    marineatbn03:
    Dude, you have no idea how this is snowballing. ROFL!!
    After this devestation the old quote comes to me "he can't get us all"