Home Cigar 101

crap cigar and Nicks Sticks

webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
Oh my God these guys crack me up at crap cigars. You guys seen that site? They rate cheap ass cigars with their own rating system, from dog turd to diamond in the rough. Funny bunch.

I stumbled onto them looking for a review of Nick's Sticks. I picked up a pair of Nick's Sticks the other day just because I liked the name. Sounds like something named at the kitchen table by Nick Perdomo's five year old kid and it stuck. Haven't smoked them yet. I can't figure out why, but I have a better experience with a new stick if I let it settle down a few days or a week before I torch it. If I can get a better handle on what difference that makes, I'll ask the guys here, and probably kuzi will have a very informative take on why it happens. Anyhoo, ...

You guys like Nick's Sticks? Only four bucks a pop. Look good. Two small robustos, one light, one dark, Little Havana on the label. I find boxes for sale for fifty something.

Comments

• aeon_spiral@yahoo.comaeon_spiral@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    Being a perdomo fan to begin with. I didn't mind em although they easily were not my favorite
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    webmost:
    I can't figure out why, but I have a better experience with a new stick if I let it settle down a few days or a week before I torch it. If I can get a better handle on what difference that makes, I'll ask the guys here, and probably kuzi will have a very informative take on why it happens.
    Very simple actually, when you buy a cigar especially if you have it shipped the humidity fluctuates all over the place depending on season, temperature, so on an so on. When you let it "rest" for a few days or more it gives it a chance to settle into the RH of your humidor, which should be stable. High or Low RH in a cigar can affect the flavor as well as the burn.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    webmost:
    You guys like Nick's Sticks? Only four bucks a pop. Look good. Two small robustos, one light, one dark, Little Havana on the label. I find boxes for sale for fifty something.

And as for the Nick's Sticks I think they're fine but IMHO there are better budget sticks for less. Thats not saying its bad at all just not as good as others.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    I love that site! And the main guy is one of our own here" Long Ashes"
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Rhamlin:
    I love that site! And the main guy is one of our own here" Long Ashes"

No ***! Good work, L.A. You need a field correspondent, I'm your man. Love the concept, and I know my way around a pencil, too.