Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

sneaky petes

webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
Off early today. So here I am in the man cave playing with steel. Got my big beemer bagger all apart to lube the tranny input splines. Knowing it would be apart, I ordered a farkle called a "booster plug" couple weeks back from Denmark. I was hoping that plug would come today. Sure enough, the RedHead who has the privilege of doing my laundry comes in from the mailbox with a small box. Yay says I, and reach for my pocket knife. No so fast! "Who do you know in Visalia?" she asks. My heart sinks. "That isn't from Denmark?" Nope. Turns out the box contains a single word "BOOM" and a bunch of smelly little brown things.
I have been snookered! Tricked! Hoodwinkled! Some sneaky pete catfish lurking in the onion smelling mud of Visalia hooked me into what he promised was supposed to be an anonymous bombing mission, at the end of which he tricked me into revealing my address, the very instant he got which, he musta hustled on over to the post office and sent me this package. Here I was looking forward to wrenching in my sweaty garage and instead I am gonna be sittin round on my ash smoking a little diesel, a man o war, or I don't know what all. Jeez. Some days you just can't win. Fooled me good. Prolly just fishin for addies all along. I bet he's just sittin home stroking his catfish whiskers and feelin proud of himself.

Payback is a bidge. When you least expect it...

Comments

• webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Ahhh it just gets worse and worse. My handball partner just called off this evening's match -- hung up at work. I was planning on running by Sears to find a T-55 Torx socket -- now I found I have one. The RedHead turned in for a nap. She left me with a jug of lemonade. There's MMA cage wrassling on the garage toob. I am fresh out of excuses. Guess there's nothing else I can do but light one of these smelly sticks up.
    >
    When it rains, it pours.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    Nice! not what you were looking for but you got your socks knocked off !! and i HATE Torx!...
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    At least he didn't send along a bottle filled with Hanford-water... (shudder)... Congrats on the haul, brother!