Home Non Cigar Related

Speaking of West Virgina Documentaries

bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
Has anyone seen The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia? It's a documentary following this outlaw (read: white trash) family in WV. It would be nice to know people didn't live and act like that, but they do.

Comments

• DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    I've seen it.. have a ton of family just like them in Arkansas. Any docu that has Hank III in it is aces in my book.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Is this "Jessco", the buck dancer?
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Amos Umwhat:
    Is this "Jessco", the buck dancer?
    Yeah, it's about Jesco White's family. Great documentary.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    bbass2:
    Has anyone seen The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia? It's a documentary following this outlaw (read: white trash) family in WV. It would be nice to know people didn't live and act like that, but they do.
    Most people here in WV don't watch that trash. They're just ignorant pieces of crap always have been. The producers came here for the sole purpose of finding the most redneck inbred scum of the earth they could find and they succeeded. Yes they are really like that in real life. What really ticks me off is that people watch this and actually think that's how it is here.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Oh and hope I didn't sound like I was getting red with anyone. But I get pissed everytime I hear someone mention the Whites of WV.
  • ug danug dan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 375
    I hated it. All I can say. Junkie idiots
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    Rhamlin:
    Oh and hope I didn't sound like I was getting red with anyone. But I get pissed everytime I hear someone mention the Whites of WV.
    I'm sure that gets old. Unfortunately the societal extremes are what makes ratings. I really liked the parts of that show where the normal people from town were interviewed and basically talked about how much better their city would be if it weren't for a few certain families.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Anyone that watches this film, and thinks all of WV is like the Whites is a bigger idiot than any of them are...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    docbp87:
    Anyone that watches this film, and thinks all of WV is like the Whites is a bigger idiot than any of them are...
    true.

saw it. just thought the family was crazy. not the state. ive been to the state to backpack. some real good people out that way.
    got some great stories.
    kinda wanna go back.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    There are good intelligent people all over fly over country.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    If you replaced whites with murphys and made it Arkansas I'd swear it was home movies