Home Ratings & Reviews

Anyone compared...

jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
Has anyone compared A.J.'s Fresh Rolled to the Est. 1844? What's your opinion?

Comments

• The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    I never did it consciously Marty, but I have had them both and much prefer the AJ Fresh Rolled.

• jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    The Sniper:
    I never did it consciously Marty, but I have had them both and much prefer the AJ Fresh Rolled.

Well, then, that means I absolutely MUST try a Fresh Rolled. I'm liking the 1844 pretty well for an everyday 'gar (well, not quite every day). Thanks, Glen.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    I LOVE the fresh rolled maddy in the toro....fantastic everyday smoke...
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    I think that with the freshrolled there is a big difference in ROTT and a few months down the line. I am a huge fan of the freshrolled, and really like the 1844 but i think it is a bit harsher than the FR.... i might go do this comparison tonight...
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    I've had, and liked, both. Liked them very much, in fact. I'd say the fresh-rolled has a little more richness to the flavor, and a touch of spicey sweetness that the 1844 lacks. Hmm, now I want to buy both and compare. Oh thanks! What a dilemna. ;)
  • aeon_spiral@yahoo.comaeon_spiral@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    1844 IMHO is the best value gar on the market. Especially in the smallest sized, (4.5x50) If I could afford it id have 3 boxes on hand always. The Fresh rolled for me was a Hair and i mean splitting hairs to spict for me. but the 1844 is a staple in my diet period.