Home Non Cigar Related

NHL playoffs

Comments

• gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    How 'bout them 'canes for us carolina guys ...
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    gmill880:
    Boooooooooooooo...
    bigharpoon:
    gmill880:
    Boooooooooooooo...

LOL
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    gmill880:
    bigharpoon:
    gmill880:
    Boooooooooooooo...

LOL
    I'm with the Big Harpoon on this one!
    Damn it --down 2-0 ...back home we go...
    Damn ...is it football season yet ???
    gmill880:
    Usually that's how I feel, but lately, the Pens have been making the transition nice, playing hockey into June...then next thing you know, training camp is here.

Not sure about their chances against the Red Wings, but I think it'll definitely be better than last year's Stanley Cup Finals.
    Luko:
    gmill880:
    Usually that's how I feel, but lately, the Pens have been making the transition nice, playing hockey into June...then next thing you know, training camp is here.

Not sure about their chances against the Red Wings, but I think it'll definitely be better than last year's Stanley Cup Finals.

I hear ya ...
    Pretty exciting hockey going on right now...
    ummm, the Red Wings are pretty durn good. Their team D is just completely smothering. The Pens have outshot them, but even when we get the puck on net, Osgood's been sharp. Frankly I think the Pens will take one or two games, but unless Osgood turns into swiss cheese overnight, our goose is cooked.
    Boy, those Pens brought it tonight. That six minute stretch in the second period was unreal. Giddy-up!
    Yeah boy, I was smilin like the butcher's dog.
  • jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 282
    The Pens looked really good last night. I hope they keep the momentum. Eff the red wings.
    Awesome game out of the Pens tonight to force Game 7...great series so far.
    That really was a great game last night. Psyched for game 7! Go Pens!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    bigharpoon:
    I missed it but ditto
    phobicsquirrel:
    bigharpoon:
    I missed it but ditto
    You missed some serious smash-mouth and great D on both sides....plus Marc Andre flat out stoning Cleary on a breakaway that would have tied he game in the last five minutes. Tune in Friday...I have a feeling either way, it'll be a great game.
    Lets get ready to ruuuuummmmble !
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    gmill880:

GO Penguins !!!! Time for Sidney Crosby to have his name on a cup. He is a classy kid, and a great embassador for the sport.
    laker1963:
    gmill880:

GO Penguins !!!! Time for Sidney Crosby to have his name on a cup. He is a classy kid, and a great embassador for the sport.
    I knew there was sumpin I liked about you laker...
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    Is hockey still a sport?

haha. just messin with ya. Never could get into it though. Just not my game.
    Luko what ya smokin as a victory cigar ?
    the red wings go away like the sick fetish it is!!!! hahahaha, btw I wish the pengs had their old jerseys, i don't like the new ones....
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    That was one exciting game! A whole series, pushed to seven games, with only 6.5 seconds left in the third period I was still on the edge of my seat. The face-off in front of Fleury...the game easily could have been tied right at the end. This is why hockey is the best team sport. Anyone can beat anyone on any given night, but with a best of seven series only the best team comes out the victor. Congratulations Pittsburgh for winning Lord Stanley's Cup!
    To me, no sport compares to Hockey. I love playing it, I love watching it. Wish there wasn't such a crack down in fighting though....
    gmill880:
    I didn't go overboard, had a Punch cause that's what my old man had and he wanted to smoke em with me. I'm saving the GoF I have resting for when my second daughter is born in August!

What a great game, series and playoffs. As I look back on it, the series with Washington was awesome, and so was this one. Much love to the Caps and the Red Wings, it was great to see Fleury shine in the biggest spotline and Talbot play above himself.

Holmes couldn't be more wrong, hockey is alive and well. I wasn't much of a fan 10 years ago, but now I can't get enough of it. Marvel said it best, we were on the edges of our seats right up until the end.

By the way, first time ever a city has had a Super Bowl and Stanley Cup champ in the same year! Not bragging, just proud to be a yinzer right now.
    Luko:
    gmill880:
    I didn't go overboard, had a Punch cause that's what my old man had and he wanted to smoke em with me. I'm saving the GoF I have resting for when my second daughter is born in August!

What a great game, series and playoffs. As I look back on it, the series with Washington was awesome, and so was this one. Much love to the Caps and the Red Wings, it was great to see Fleury shine in the biggest spotline and Talbot play above himself.

Holmes couldn't be more wrong, hockey is alive and well. I wasn't much of a fan 10 years ago, but now I can't get enough of it. Marvel said it best, we were on the edges of our seats right up until the end.

By the way, first time ever a city has had a Super Bowl and Stanley Cup champ in the same year! Not bragging, just proud to be a yinzer right now.
    Sorry, I meant the Big Harpoon had it right...
    Luko:
    Luko:
    gmill880:

Sorry, I meant the Big Harpoon had it right...

Nothin wrong with a Punch ...I really enjoy the Gran Puro as my fav Punch ...
    Went to the Pens victory parade through Pittsburgh today. It was awesome, probably more people out for this than for Steelers Superbowl parade (of course that was in February). Malkin was next to last riding in a truck with his Smythe trophy and then Sid and Fleury on the last with the CUP! It's awesome to be the City of Champions again.

Now for the Pirates to win the World Series...or just make the playoffs...or just finish above .500...or just act like they care.