Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Premium Cigar Pass?

SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
Hey everyone! I've been kicking around the idea of starting a pass later this summer and was debating doing a high-end/htf cigar pass. I would like some initial feedback on a few questions I have though. Are the people with this quality of cigar interested in a pass? In some ways, I imagine if you are buying high end cigars, you will just buy the ones you really want. If this has been done in the past, was it successful? Were there issues with takes/puts? Is there enough variety of high-end/htf stuff to make this compelling and fun? Other thoughts/issues that I don't even know to address? Any input from some of the vets that have dealt with this stuff in the past would be great. For the record, I'm not actually looking to start a sign-up list, just gauging interest/brainstorming. Thanks for any and all help.

Comments

• TridentTrident Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,005
    I'd be down for it. I think that when people are buying higher end cigars it is usually something they like, so they are willing to shell out the $ for a rare or htf stick. Depending on the degree I think you need to be very selective with the people in this pass and that every pull and put has to be approved by the group before it is mailed away. People usually have no problem parting with a 1-2 $ smoke, but a 15-30 or more they usually thinks twice about. But again, I would be in for participating, even staring it off if you want.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Trident:
    I'd be down for it. I think that when people are buying higher end cigars it is usually something they like, so they are willing to shell out the $ for a rare or htf stick. Depending on the degree I think you need to be very selective with the people in this pass and that every pull and put has to be approved by the group before it is mailed away. People usually have no problem parting with a 1-2 $ smoke, but a 15-30 or more they usually thinks twice about. But again, I would be in for participating, even staring it off if you want.
    The issue of who can be a participant is a really sticky issue. If I send out a $300 package of cigars, I would like a little hope that something wanders back to me eventually. I imagine limiting it to well established members would be a requirement.
  • TridentTrident Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,005
    Agreed, but how do you define established? That's why I suggested having the takes and puts verified by the starter of the pass
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    This was already done, the Uber Premium pass. It went pretty well, but there were some strict rules that had to be followed for anyone participating; here's the thread: http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/257287.aspx
  • buckeyecigarbuckeyecigar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 500
    I think it is a great idea. I have high quality sticks that I can find at my b and m but would like to try some that I can't find at my b and m. I like having the takes and puts verified by starter. I would be in for the pass
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    I'll pass last one I seen kinda fell apart. Have fun
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    The Kid:
    Boy, Speak American! Lol, I'm getting a sense, including through pm's, that this might not be my greatest idea. But I would like to hear any other thoughts on this from some vets. Would a shorter list of participants help make this type of pass more successful?
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    xmacro:
    This was already done, the Uber Premium pass. It went pretty well, but there were some strict rules that had to be followed for anyone participating; here's the thread: http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/257287.aspx
    THIS is exactly what I thought of when I saw this thread (good lookin' out Macro). I think that one in particular went pretty well, and the pass originator (Goldy, I think?) seemed pretty happy in the end. I think I still have the spreadsheet I created for either this, or a very similar pass, that tracked the Puts and Takes.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Antohony I'd love to be a part of this, but can't right now. I would however be happy to support or help somehow if you like, just include it in the PM's we have going and I'll see what I can do to help and support you brother ;)
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    SleevePlz:
    Hey everyone! I've been kicking around the idea of starting a pass later this summer and was debating doing a high-end/htf cigar pass. I would like some initial feedback on a few questions I have though. Are the people with this quality of cigar interested in a pass? In some ways, I imagine if you are buying high end cigars, you will just buy the ones you really want. If this has been done in the past, was it successful? Were there issues with takes/puts? Is there enough variety of high-end/htf stuff to make this compelling and fun? Other thoughts/issues that I don't even know to address? Any input from some of the vets that have dealt with this stuff in the past would be great. For the record, I'm not actually looking to start a sign-up list, just gauging interest/brainstorming. Thanks for any and all help.
    x2
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Im in as well. The last pass like this went pretty well. The box did get a little clogged with Armada's, Camacho PE's, and Opus X's at times----but I think 3 was the limit anyway, so not a huge deal. I would liek a list of what can cannot be put in....but I would prefer a much larger list than last time in case some people have some harder to find stuff or out of the oridinary sticks lying around.