Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Mystery Stick Game

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    TatuajeVI:
    So cigar C looked much nicer than B, lol. It was a big one, too. 6x60 or so would be my guess. I would guess Nicaraguan again, due to the thickness of it. Probably habano, medium in shade and a wonderful tobacco smell to it. Cut it with my Xicar. Nice pre-light draw.

When I lit this one up, I knew I was in for a powerful smoke. It was a spicy first five minutes. It settled down after a bit, into a wonderful full flavor. Earthy, slightly sweet, but not much, something else I can’t put my finger on that was really nice. I’m really glad I decided to eat something before lighting this one up. Full bodied for sure. A nice creaminess started coming on at about 15 minutes in. Faded after ten minutes or so, got spicier again. Out the nose, not in the back of the throat. It’s managed to stay spicy without being harsh. It maintained a really nice earthy core, and flavors came and went that were very nice. i really enjoyed this one, and have a really nice buzz after finishing it.

My guess is a Man o War Ruination.
    Ding Ding Ding we have a winner!. Great review, Tat. Glad you liked it, the stick has been resting close to 3 months.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    sightunseen:
    TatuajeVI:
    So cigar C looked much nicer than B, lol. It was a big one, too. 6x60 or so would be my guess. I would guess Nicaraguan again, due to the thickness of it. Probably habano, medium in shade and a wonderful tobacco smell to it. Cut it with my Xicar. Nice pre-light draw.

When I lit this one up, I knew I was in for a powerful smoke. It was a spicy first five minutes. It settled down after a bit, into a wonderful full flavor. Earthy, slightly sweet, but not much, something else I can’t put my finger on that was really nice. I’m really glad I decided to eat something before lighting this one up. Full bodied for sure. A nice creaminess started coming on at about 15 minutes in. Faded after ten minutes or so, got spicier again. Out the nose, not in the back of the throat. It’s managed to stay spicy without being harsh. It maintained a really nice earthy core, and flavors came and went that were very nice. i really enjoyed this one, and have a really nice buzz after finishing it.

My guess is a Man o War Ruination.
    Ding Ding Ding we have a winner!. Great review, Tat. Glad you liked it, the stick has been resting close to 3 months.
    Far Out Excellant i dont think I have seen anyone DING the Corrct bell yet! Congrats Tat! I want one of these sticks now! LOL
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Awesome! I win! Thanks for the mystery sticks, Tony!

Since Choba volunteered earlier, I'll send my mystery package to him. Sticks will go out tomorrow so we can get another mystery game going!
  • ChobaChoba Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 76
    TatuajeVI:

Since Choba volunteered earlier, I'll send my mystery package to him. Sticks will go out tomorrow so we can get another mystery game going!
    Thanks, Tat, I'll post some reviews soon as I get them.
    Choba:
    TatuajeVI:

The package went out Friday, Priority Mail. Tracking # is somewhere in my car... dang. Let us know when it gets there.
    TatuajeVI:
    Choba:
    TatuajeVI:

The package went out Friday, Priority Mail. Tracking # is somewhere in my car... dang. Let us know when it gets there.

Sirs!

I got them and thank you sooo much for the extra sticks to enjoy..(r they a hint?) I'll light up A tonight and post a review tonight or tomorrow.

Best,
    Will
    Sir? I work for a living! ;)

The extra sticks are not a hint, lol. Just a couple of my favs. If I recall correctly, they have nothing to do with the mystery sticks whatsoever. Looking forward to your reviews!
    Choba:
    So this is my review of Cigar A

Appearance
    This stick measures about 4.5in X 50, a robusto with a light sweet maduro wrapper. There are no major veins and has an oily sheen to it; smooth. The stick is about med firm with a triple cap I think; forgot to check.

Pre-Light
    The prelight had some leathery tones and med draw. The smells of light chocolate was playing on my palate as well.

First Third
    The first 3rd had more of the sweet maduro chocolatey flavors with bits of earthy tones. There were some hints of nuttiess and cream which excited the palate and made me drool quite a bit. The ash was still holding to about the 2nd 3rd.

Second Third
    The 2nd 3rd had more leather mixed with walnut; almost like a Tatuaje w/o the spice. The spice picked up with powerful cocoa flavors; delicious. The ash dropped and had white in the middle with a thin dark ring towards the outter; lots of white smoke.

Final Third
    The finale had a nice leathery finish and resembled much of my favs, DPG. The undertones expanded and quite a complex blossom of nut, cream, leather, dash of spice, cocoa, earthy flavor.

Conclusion
    Over all,my taste buds couldn't take much more. I think I lost the last bits of flavors due to not being able to taste the rest of the changes. I think this stick is a Tatuaje, though I am pretty sure I'm still off. I do love the Tats and consider myself a Tatuaje whore. Thank you TatuajeVI for the fantastic enjoyment
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Nice review, man. And yes, you are quite the harlot for Tats.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Seems like I set an interesting review trend... well, just another sign of my awesomeness..
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    Hays:
    Seems like I set an interesting review trend... well, just another sign of my awesomeness..
    WOW hope that BIG PAt on the Back didnt leave a Mark! :) r u into a trip to TR today! they sent me an Email and I am thinking its going to be a good day for a drive !
    Love the review! You were smoking a Padilla Miami robusto. Love that cigar.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    TatuajeVI:
    You sent me one of those in the Mystery Stick pack I got from you. That was my first, and I have since enjoyed plenty more. Well played
    TatuajeVI:
    DOH

I had one of those before, and I even let it sat for a month; hmmm

That was a good cigar, win some lose some; been losing a lot lately..

I'll give cigar B a shot today or tomorrow night after school, finals start tomorrow morning!

Hays:
    Hays, yes you did start a wonderful trend and the disease spreads!

Thank you BTW
    Choba:
    Hays:
    Kinda like herpes. It's the gift that keeps on giving!
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    TatuajeVI:
    Choba:
    Hays:
    Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies...
    Alex Williams:
    TatuajeVI:
    Choba:
    Hays:
    ROFL. So true. I remember high school prom - my date wore glitter all over her face. It infected everything and everyone near her or me for the next month.

Choba - did you get to cigar B yet?
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Alex Williams:
    TatuajeVI:
    Choba:
    Hays:
    I have rarely heard a truer statement.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Choba:
    Choba:
    So this is my review of Cigar A

Appearance
    This stick measures about 4.5in X 50, a robusto with a light sweet maduro wrapper. There are no major veins and has an oily sheen to it; smooth. The stick is about med firm with a triple cap I think; forgot to check.

Pre-Light
    The prelight had some leathery tones and med draw. The smells of light chocolate was playing on my palate as well.

First Third
    The first 3rd had more of the sweet maduro chocolatey flavors with bits of earthy tones. There were some hints of nuttiess and cream which excited the palate and made me drool quite a bit. The ash was still holding to about the 2nd 3rd.

Second Third
    The 2nd 3rd had more leather mixed with walnut; almost like a Tatuaje w/o the spice. The spice picked up with powerful cocoa flavors; delicious. The ash dropped and had white in the middle with a thin dark ring towards the outter; lots of white smoke.

Final Third
    The finale had a nice leathery finish and resembled much of my favs, DPG. The undertones expanded and quite a complex blossom of nut, cream, leather, dash of spice, cocoa, earthy flavor.

Conclusion
    Over all,my taste buds couldn't take much more. I think I lost the last bits of flavors due to not being able to taste the rest of the changes. I think this stick is a Tatuaje, though I am pretty sure I'm still off. I do love the Tats and consider myself a Tatuaje whore. Thank you TatuajeVI for the fantastic enjoyment

Great review, really makes me want to try one!
    Choba:
    So this is my review of Cigar B

Appearance
    The cigars appears dark, veiny, oily and rich. The smell from the foot is leathery and earthy. The firmness is dense and thick. Measurements are about a 5.5X50 about a robusto. Looks like a single cap.

Pre-Light
    Nice toast, with hints of chocolate. Good leather, combined with a woody note; oak.

First Third
    There were notes of walnut, light and steady amounts of leather. Later came rich and earthy tones. The chocolate picked up and became a dark smoke though not as thick as I had anticipated. The wrapper started to have lots of cracks.

Second Third
    The draw has gotten harder, flavors mellowed out a bit. The chocolate flavors still persisted. Leather and earthy tones plateaued and not much change.

Final Third
    Not much change towards the end and the tones died out with only hints of chocolate.

Conclusion
    Over all, this stick had great potential in the beginning and started off quite nicely with all the right instruments. Towards the end, there was not much finish and needed more packaging to be excellent. There was also quite a bit of tar build up, which affected the flavors. My guess is a lower Gurkha perhaps, though I have not smoke that many Gurkhas and have NO idea what stick this is.
    Smoking stick C now; sorry for the delay.
    Choba:
    So this is my review of Cigar C

Appearance
    Cigar C appears to be a medium brown shade w/ little veins. Measures 5X50 a Robusto with a triple cap. Smelling from the foot (lol), a woody and sharp smell w/ sprinkles of leather.

Pre-Light
    While toasting, there was a strong woody tone; oak perhaps. The stick felt about medium to hard firmness, and had a almost “light” draw; quite easy.

First Third
    There were nice and steady flavors of oak with hints of honey. This reminded me of a Cameroon wrapper. The smoke was thick and white and I had to correct the wrapper, started canoeing.

Second Third
    The woodiness has increased along with an indescribable sweetness. My mouth salivated till I had to change my shirt! I notice there was very little if not any of the ligero tobacco.

Final Third
    I started detecting flavors of nut in the last portion, though I couldn’t put my fingers on which and the nuttiness was quite fickle; came and gone.

Conclusion
    Over all, this cigar was a medium bodied and has a good tune to it. The wrapper could have been fixed by allowing the stick to sit for half a day in a drier humidor. This cigar C, I’m guessing is a Rocky Patel; possibly a Sungrown?
    Some nice reviews! Thanks for smoking these ones!

Cigar B: CAO MX2
    Cigar C: San Cristobal Selection del Sol (the new blend)
    Crap, totally wrong, haha. I'll need to hone this palate more ouch. So what happens next? Do I send sticks out to people?
    Yes you do! You need to ask "who wants to me my mystery mooch?" First guy who volunteers, you send him 3 mystery sticks and have him review them. :)
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    If nobody is yet on the list, I'd love to get back in on this game!
    They should get there Saturday and I'll be back from Camping with the bros along with smoking some nice sticks along the trip. I'll get back and check out what you posted by then. Will
    Thanks again man; while we're waiting, if anyone wants to be my mystery mooch, let me now.