Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Mystery Stick Game

Comments

• Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    rossdavey2:
    I will play kind sir. PM sent.
    You got it! PM back atcha
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    Ok I am going out of town in about a week and a half, so who wants to be my mooch for this. I will send them out before I go.
    No one want to play?
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    rossdavey2:
    No one want to play?
    you gotta start reviewing first buddy! i would but i have too much stuff to do :/
    I know I should reveiw first, but I am out the country for two weeks as for next sunday.
    I can reveiw from there, but not send out my package. I was thinking I could send it out and after I get done reveiwing the next person will be ready to get started.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    Oh ok well that makes since :) sorry I can't help!
    They should be there on monday or tuesday at the latest. Sorry about the delay, it'll be worth the wait though :^)
    No worries brother.
  • GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 474
    Hey Ross - I'll go ahead and take you up on the mystery sticks - That way even when you're out of the country the game will be sure to keep moving :-D If you're interested, that is?
    Kk, Since Ross' sticks are going to be on the way soon - I may as well go ahead and open up for the next person, because if it's anything like the last couple times - it'll be a few days to get a bite.

Who's next for some mystery sticks???
    Ok got the sticks today. Duder2 even put in 3 extra sticks because he was a few days late sending them to me, so I got a Deisel, 5 vegas AAA, and another one that slips my mind right now!!! You can be late mailing me stuff anytime

I'm smoking stick A right now, and its messing with my mind. I know I have smoked one of these before, but just can't put my finger on it. It started off a little bitter, but soon work itself into a nice med bodied smoke. Hints of coffee. Had a few burn issues, but nothing to bad.
    About half way through I remember I haven't eaten much today, because I'm getting a little hit about now. The smoke is nice and smooth. Man it's right there. I know I've had this before, but I jump around so much I can't place it. I'd say a camaroon, or connie wrapper, with Nica filler. Shoot in the dark here, and I will be kicking myself once you tell me.
    rossdavey2:
    Ok got the sticks today. Duder2 even put in 3 extra sticks because he was a few days late sending them to me, so I got a Deisel, 5 vegas AAA, and another one that slips my mind right now!!! You can be late mailing me stuff anytime

I'm smoking stick A right now, and its messing with my mind. I know I have smoked one of these before, but just can't put my finger on it. It started off a little bitter, but soon work itself into a nice med bodied smoke. Hints of coffee. Had a few burn issues, but nothing to bad.
    About half way through I remember I haven't eaten much today, because I'm getting a little hit about now. The smoke is nice and smooth. Man it's right there. I know I've had this before, but I jump around so much I can't place it. I'd say a camaroon, or connie wrapper, with Nica filler. Shoot in the dark here, and I will be kicking myself once you tell me.
    I'm a bit unsure about whether or not I'm supposed to tell you what it is as you haven't thrown out a guess, but I'll assume I'm supposed to. Stick A was a Rocky Patel Royal Vintage. So, Habano wrapper with Nicaraguan and Dominican fillers.
    Argh. I smoked one of those about a month ago. Oh well stick B tonight.
    Ok so stick B was awesome. I really hope its not a gurka :-)

It just felt so good in my hand ( thats what she said). My guess in something from the 5 Vegas line, but it's a guess.

I need you to tell me what this was and how long it had on it. Please don't make me beg.
    rossdavey2:
    Ok so stick B was awesome. I really hope its not a gurka :-)

It just felt so good in my hand ( thats what she said). My guess in something from the 5 Vegas line, but it's a guess.

I need you to tell me what this was and how long it had on it. Please don't make me beg.
    Ok, stick B is a great under the radar, relatively inexpensive stick. It was a La Flor de Cano Robusto. I've had them since february, but the celo looked pretty old already, probably been in the warehouse for quite a while.
    Ok stick C was my least fav

I am going to say a cuban style. Like DP cuban.
    Stick C was a La Aroma de Cuba, new blend. I really dig these, but they could definitely use more humi time. You were close, it is a DPG...
    GadwinDuil:
    Bumpity!
    Who's gonna step up and be Ryan's mystery mooch?
    I received Ross' sticks today and boy I'm really excited to try them! Couple of churchills and a Box-pressed, all smelling good too! I'm going to let them have a couple days of rest and I'll try the first one :-D

ALSO! I still need a mystery mooch!!!!!!
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    GadwinDuil:
    I received Ross' sticks today and boy I'm really excited to try them! Couple of churchills and a Box-pressed, all smelling good too! I'm going to let them have a couple days of rest and I'll try the first one :-D

OK I'm ready to try the Mystery game again so I'll be your mooch. And do you work at one of my favorite places in Carson City?
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Jdorais:
    GadwinDuil:

OK I'm ready to try the Mystery game again so I'll be your mooch. And do you work at one of my favorite places in Carson City?
    I love this game! I'll make sure to volunteer when you need a mystery mooch Jdorais!
  • MrMokeMrMoke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 321
    This looks like fun!

What do i need to do to get in on it?

Jdorais:
    GadwinDuil:

KK PMed ya back! You can wiat till you get my sticks, or go ahead and look for a mooch now
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    GadwinDuil:
    Jdorais:
    GadwinDuil:

KK PMed ya back! You can wiat till you get my sticks, or go ahead and look for a mooch now
    Well since this game moves a little slower than the other games I will indeed ask "who want's to be my mooch?"
    MrMoke:
    This looks like fun!

What do i need to do to get in on it?

Just look to see if someone lis looking for a mystery mooch.... As JD is now :-P
    Smoked Stick A last night - Wrapper was fairly light colored but definitely not connie-light colored. Probably a natural wrapper, smell was subtle and light - Size was a churchill.

Pre-light draw was loose and just a soft tobacco taste - It actually gave a bit of a fight to get the sucker lit properly too... After getting it finally lit and going the smoke was a bit harsh, Very little taste or strength but still made me cringe a little because of the smoke. This continued for about the first inch and I really wasn't enjoying myself for a while... but after that first inch, the thing mellowed out SO MUCH I felt like I was smoking a completely different cigar! The draw tightened up just slightly so it wasn't quite so easy to pull on it which was a good thing - and the taste wasn't anything to write home to mother about but all that harsh taste from before was completely gone. The ash on this puppy was holding on for dear life too. I think I hit about 3 inches before I knocked it off on my own because it began burning down the middle and kept threatening to go out on me, took probably three hard taps on the top of it for the ash to finally drop! All in all wasn't amazing for me, but after that rough patch at the beginning it was an alright stick to enjoy while chatting with friends.

I'd probably guess it was a dominican blend... So with my guesses as wrapper is natural, dominican blend... and just the look of it.... I'm guessing it's a Devil's Weed?
    Stick 'A' was in fact a aroma de cuba churchill. I have also found that the 1st inch can be harsh, but normally mellows out a good bit. I think it was the fact the box just can in before sending them on to you can account for some of the issues you had.
    with a little time these taste pretty good.
    rossdavey2:
    Stick 'A' was in fact a aroma de cuba churchill. I have also found that the 1st inch can be harsh, but normally mellows out a good bit. I think it was the fact the box just can in before sending them on to you can account for some of the issues you had.
    with a little time these taste pretty good.
    Ah ha! I've had a La Aroma de Cuba Robusto before and thoroughly enjoyed it - and I can relate the taste of it (after it mellowed out) to what I enjoyed about the robusto. I don't remember the robusto kicking my ass quite as hard as that churchill seemed to though - maybe I'm just not used to smoking so much /shrug.

I'm looking forward to trying stick B either tonight or tomorrow.