Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Mystery Stick Game

Comments

• MperconteMperconte Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 367
    ejenne87:
    Had to put it out about half way through unfortunately, but from the second the flame touched, it screamed Camacho. I'm going to have to guess Camacho Select..?
    You're right on point, Stick "A" is Camacho Corojo Ltd...

Rob gave me the keys to the city since he was unsure if you will be able to post with is upcoming trip to Ireland.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    Mperconte:
    ejenne87:
    Had to put it out about half way through unfortunately, but from the second the flame touched, it screamed Camacho. I'm going to have to guess Camacho Select..?
    You're right on point, Stick "A" is Camacho Corojo Ltd...

Rob gave me the keys to the city since he was unsure if you will be able to post with is upcoming trip to Ireland.
    I'm a little upset that I didn't get this one exactly correct, that's one of my top 10 smokes for sure. As soon as that flame first touched the foot of the cigar I knew without a doubt that it was a Camacho, which one exactly was a bit more challenging, as you can tell ha.

Moving on to stick "B" right now after watching The Hangover Part 2! Great flick, and hopefully another great smoke.
    Before I even took this one out of the cello I was thinking Nica Libre. Then I smell it, still thinking Nica Libre. As soon as I lit it up, took a few puffs I was certain it has to be a Nica Libre. I very well could be wrong, it's been a while since I have had one of these, but I am fairly sure. I'll report back a little farther along and update the guess in case I change my mind though...
    I will wait for you final answer.

I haven't had any of the Comache line yet, its on my list to try along with the My father as Ashton ESG/VSG. An now Rob wants me to try the Warlock. SO my next Ccom order will have to included a mix of these. Unfortunately, I just placed a large order so this will have to wait a month or so.
    My final guess is Nica Libre. I can't think of anything else that tastes like this in a box-press.
    That's totally disappointing...Not even close. :)

Mistery Stick "B" is Paradigm 262.

Mperconte:

Not totally disappointing, I'm enjoying the crap out of it haha. I've only had one of those, but I have really enjoyed both :-)

Stick "C" to commence as soon as I get some dinner!
    Also, who wants to be my MYSTERY MOOCH?!
    ejenne87:
    Mperconte:

Not totally disappointing, I'm enjoying the crap out of it haha. I've only had one of those, but I have really enjoyed both :-)

Slow down, I don't think anyone is giving out any Badges of Honor today. :)
    Mperconte:
    ejenne87:
    Mperconte:

Slow down, I don't think anyone is giving out any Badges of Honor today. :)
    haha I hear ya, but I want to get them all in while I have time. I don't smoke very often so when I do I like to get a few in. Today, the only difference is I don't get to choose what I smoke :-P
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    MAN! you're gettin after it!

I just smoked my Stick C... I know lcpleel is on vacation and I'm heading out the door so I'll make this quick...

Stick C was a smaller Torp... about 5x50 with a nice dark wrapper... Maduro or maybe a dark sumatra... based on the subtle sweetness I'm going Maduro... It had some nice pepper to it that built up as the smoke went on... burned for about 90 minutes or so... i babied it a little...

long story short, I LOVED it! what a great stick... but it didn't remind me of anything I've ever had before so I'm guessing this was the first time I smoked one... I'll take a wild guess and go with La Gloria Cubana Serie N...
    This one has one of the ugliest wrappers and caps that I've ever seen, but it is by far my favorite of the three in the mystery pack! I'm not sure yet what it is, but I have a couple ideas. Hopefully I can narrow it down soon and come to a decision. When I smelled it pre-light I noticed a VERY strong cedar scent making me think it comes with a cedar wrap. It's also slightly box-pressed and I'm pretty sure a maduro. REALLY loving this smoke though! I can't wait to find out what it is
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    ejenne87:
    Also, who wants to be my MYSTERY MOOCH?!
    Is this still open or did someone else already claim it? Or was there someone else in line? If it's not spoken for it's been a while since I played so hit me up Evan.
    It's all yours Tony!

Also, I forgot to guess what smoke it was last night, but I REALLY enjoyed that one! I honestly have no idea what it was, although it seemed fairly familiar to me. I have no idea if I will even be close with this one but I am randomly guessing AF Anejo...???
    Stick C was a 601 Maduro...

another stick that I have not had yet but based on your comments going to have to add it to the wish list.
    Mperconte:
    Stick C was a 601 Maduro...

another stick that I have not had yet but based on your comments going to have to add it to the wish list.
    That was my second guess! But because of the really strong cedar smell I figured it had to be wrapped in it. it really was a great smoke! Thanks Rob for all the great smokes! I'm about to light up the Cohiba Black you sent me right now :-) Also, thanks Mperconte for helping out on this game!
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    Okay:
    Stick A was a Cain Straight Ligero Maduo
    Stick B was a G2
    Stick C was a RP OWR Maduro
  • wwesternwwestern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,386
    bump (always liked watching this game even though i'm terribad at it.)
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    I'm still not ready to try it.
    This was/is one of my favorite games on the boards... I want ti get it going again, so whoever wants to play, let me know... I'll send some mystery sticks out
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    robbyras:
    This was/is one of my favorite games on the boards... I want ti get it going again, so whoever wants to play, let me know... I'll send some mystery sticks out
    I love the game but I am not a good retrohaler yet. This would be totally lost on me but it is sure darn fun to watch.
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    Lets get this going again. Im in!!
    NICE! Here's the funny part...

lcpleel:
    Okay:
    Stick A was a Cain Straight Ligero Maduo
    Stick B was a G2
    Stick C was a RP OWR Maduro

this was you telling me what sticks I smoked... so we're picking up where we left off!

I'm sure I have it somewhere but PM me your info... I'll get something out so we can get started next week!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Funny you guys brought this up I was just wondering about this and then bam there it is. Glad to see it being brought back. One of my fav games on here
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Sounds like a cool game. Wish I was home.
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    I will go against Isaac and Todd. Hells yeah. Retrohaling or not.
    these should be landing today!
  • MephistoMephisto Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 508
    I remember wanting to play this this summer when i was away. Glad you brought it back...put me in line, please!
    looks like we have a line!! woooooooooooooord...

Here's the waiting list:
    lcpleel - is up, they should land today
    BigT06 - on deck
    Marker
    Robbyras - I brought it back cuz I wanna play... duh
    Mephisto