Home Pipes

What did you get today?

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    robbyras:
    Got some of the LE 2012 Halloween Blend "Darkness Descends" from Uhle's... smells like french vanilla and caramel... can't wait to fire some up!

IMG_20121009_112621.
    How much and can you still get some? I love the holiday blends. I have not bought any new pipe stuff in almost a year. Trying to smoke up my Holiday Spirit but anxious to get the new holiday stuff coming out.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    jsnake:
    robbyras:
    Got some of the LE 2012 Halloween Blend "Darkness Descends" from Uhle's... smells like french vanilla and caramel... can't wait to fire some up!

IMG_20121009_112621.
    How much and can you still get some? I love the holiday blends. I have not bought any new pipe stuff in almost a year. Trying to smoke up my Holiday Spirit but anxious to get the new holiday stuff coming out.
    had 2 bowls already... great stuff.. real nice flavor... it was like $12 shipped for 1.5 oz... not sure if thy have any left... hit up @thepipebit on twitter... he is the one who hooked me up
    I emailed them but haven't had a response. You might like C&D Autumn Evening. It is my go to Fall tobacco. I always get excited about winter and Christmas blends and didn't really think about Autumn blends.
    jsnake:
    I emailed them but haven't had a response. You might like C&D Autumn Evening. It is my go to Fall tobacco. I always get excited about winter and Christmas blends and didn't really think about Autumn blends.
    I tweeted my guy so we'll see... have a few people asking me about these... where can I check out the C&D Autumn Evening?

edit: just heard back and it looks like they have a few packs left. I'll call tomorrow and see what I can get... I'll pick up few packs and we can work something out
    jsnake:
    I picked up one of the final pouches for you... they should get to me on Monday... I'll shoot you a PM
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Got 2 cobs, a tin of Sutliff Golden Age, a pouch of Captain Black Cherry, and a pouch of Sir Walter Raleigh. Already smoked 3 bowls, lol.
    robbyras:
    jsnake:
    I picked up one of the final pouches for you... they should get to me on Monday... I'll shoot you a PM
    Thanks. Looking forward to this. Be my first new pipe tobacco in a long time. Need to work harder on smoking what I have.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    marineatbn03:
    Got 2 cobs, a tin of Sutliff Golden Age, a pouch of Captain Black Cherry, and a pouch of Sir Walter Raleigh. Already smoked 3 bowls, lol.
    How's that Cherry? I've only had the Middleton Cherry Blend, nice aroma but too much bite.
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Amos Umwhat:
    marineatbn03:
    How's that Cherry? I've only had the Middleton Cherry Blend, nice aroma but too much bite.
    Its actually not too bad. It has a nice aroma but is not very strong on the pallet
  • hardczhardcz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 75
    Picked up some pembroke today, it's great.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    hardcz:
    I've never tried any of the esoterica lines, but I hear they are good (in addition to the couple of highly sought after blends), I looked up the Pembroke, and it sounds really good! I may look out for some next time I buy...

I recently got some Ealy Morning Pipe (it's actually a "matched" blend so it's like a generic.) I thought I was buying the "real" Dunhill blend, and wondered why it was so cheap! lol! But I enjoy it a lot.
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    Gray4lines:
    hardcz:
    I've never tried any of the esoterica lines, but I hear they are good (in addition to the couple of highly sought after blends), I looked up the Pembroke, and it sounds really good! I may look out for some next time I buy...

I recently got some Ealy Morning Pipe (it's actually a "matched" blend so it's like a generic.) I thought I was buying the "real" Dunhill blend, and wondered why it was so cheap! lol! But I enjoy it a lot.
    Real Dunhill EMP is a nice treat. Smooth. Smoke it all day.
    New Luciano.I already love it! First bowl was H&H Louisiana Red. image image
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Gray4lines:
    New Luciano.I already love it! First bowl was H&H Louisiana Red. image image
    Awesome. Love that thick briar.
  • J.S.J.S. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 751
    Nice briar man! You should enjoy that for years to come!
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519

try out some new stuffs!

Aj
  • mgk2020mgk2020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 97
    Stopped in to my local B&M for some butane and a browse, left with two generous samples of W.O. Larsen Signature and Old fashion, plus tins of Drew Estate TBC and Nat Sherman 509. Not my typical smoke, but if they want me to try it, who am I to deny them? lol I'll probably try it all over the next 2-3 days.
  • ejgormanejgorman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 891
  • ejgormanejgorman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 891
    This is my piper intro pack. Just the smell of that tobacco brought back so many memories of my grandfather, which is part of the allure I think. Hoping the old man finds grandpa's estate pipes and I can sneak 'em by the wife.
  • J.S.J.S. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 751
    Vice nice starter pack. You should enjoy it!
    I got a tin of best brown flake on sale, molto dulce, and DE Gatsby flake. Never had any of DEs pipe tobacco and havent tried molto dulce either. Cant wait to try em!
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    Gray4lines:
    I got a tin of best brown flake on sale, molto dulce, and DE Gatsby flake. Never had any of DEs pipe tobacco and havent tried molto dulce either. Cant wait to try em!
    I have really grown to like the "Central Park Stroll" after a night of drying till the poly smell is gone... this is a fantastic aromatic if your into those.

Tell us how that Gatsby flake works out! thats next on my list!

Aj
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Gray4lines:
    I have really grown to like the "Central Park Stroll" after a night of drying till the poly smell is gone... this is a fantastic aromatic if your into those.

Tell us how that Gatsby flake works out! thats next on my list!

Aj
    I dont usually do a whole lot of aro's, but I'd like to try a few more. The central park sounded pretty good, that would be my next pick.I was told the gatsby is similar to orlik which I love. I will post up how it goes!
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    Gray4lines:

Best Brown is an awesome flake and I'm not a big Aro fan but that Molto Dolce is one of the few I like.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    Today I received, HH,ODF, CB Midnight Gold, C&D Bayou Morning, PS Black Truffle and Dunhill Durbar
    2 tins of C&D Christmas 2013 We Won't Go Til We Get Some
    1 tin of C&D Christmas 2014 We Three Kings
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647