Home Pipes

What is in your pipe?

Comments

• christian1971christian1971 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 392
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Can't stop smoking Leo by lane!! Smooth with a nice sweet tone and just the right touch of smoke and spice. To me it's almost like smoking a mild tat with honey! I recommend this blend highly
    Can you recommend any aromatic pipe tobacco that includes honey. There are a few brands, but which is worthy. Thanks
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Can't stop smoking Leo by lane!! Smooth with a nice sweet tone and just the right touch of smoke and spice. To me it's almost like smoking a mild tat with honey! I recommend this blend highly
    Sounds good, might have to give it a try.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    christian1971:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Can you recommend any aromatic pipe tobacco that includes honey. There are a few brands, but which is worthy. Thanks
    i actually don't smoke aromatics I'm mostly a English blend or full virginia guy
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    christian1971:
    Lee.mcglynn:

Not a big Aro guy so not sure about good ones with Honey but a few I really like now and then that are really good are Caramel Apple Pie from Hearth and Home, Molto Dolce from Sutliff and Black Raspberry from Lane.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Had some chenet's cake by c&d it was very good can't wait to smoke some more
  • J.S.J.S. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 751
    christian1971:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I recently had a couple of bowls of SG's Black Forest, Honey is the only added aro. element listed. Very good blend overall. You can taste the honey as it is quite strong.
    J.S.:
    christian1971:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I recently had a couple of bowls of SG's Black Forest, Honey is the only added aro. element listed. Very good blend overall. You can taste the honey as it is quite strong.
    Totally forgot about that pipe tobacco. Might have to order some.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    Captain Earles 10 Russians cut with a pinch of D&R Windsail.

Aj
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    How long will a bowl last yall?
    roland_7707:
    i generally go all day on a single bowl. My bowl being about 3/4" round and 1.5" tall, I would light then smoke until she goes out and set her down for awhile. However, I have found that this routine is changing for me.

Todays Blend is McClelland Mocha Black with a pinch of D&R Windsail

Aj
    roland_7707:
    Depends on several things. First, bowl size a small bowl like a group 1 maybe with ribbon about 15 min. Large bowls like group 6 or giants 1 hr. or more and with giants way more. It also depends on your own cadence, you may puff less then I do but pull harder, etc. so that will also be an issue. Then there is the various cuts of tobacco to consider too. Shag smokes quick, flake does not.

If you are trying to decide if you are smoking correctly the only way to know is if you have tongue bite or not and even then some blends just react differently to your body so it could be that specific blend does not work for you. You just have to play with each blend as it comes. G.L. Pease, for example is one that I have to pack lighter so it will smoke a little quicker (but I get more bowls per tin, too).
    roland_7707:
    Most of mine tend to burn anywhere from 45 min to 90 min depending on various factors, I have one large pipe that's good for almost 2 hrs maybe a bit more with some blends.
    CAO Moontrance

Aj
    Peterson's Sherlock Holmes. One of my favorites. It is a great VA/Bur. mild but surprisingly satisfying. There is a little Mr. Nick in it after a large bowl I don't feel the need for another. A tin does not last very long, however.
    Russ's, Old Glory. Apricot ice cream top, full flavor and maybe a light med body, very smooth and easy burning
    Been a while since I had a pipe and went with a favorite tonight. Smoking some Hearth and Home Anniversary Kake in my Moretti Slanted Poker.

This evening I'm smoking mississippi river in my corn cob. Along with some sweet iced tea. Anybody like to try some? Can do a trade?
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    christian1971:
    This evening I'm smoking mississippi river in my corn cob. Along with some sweet iced tea. Anybody like to try some? Can do a trade?
    Im game? I have a few blends, how bout a local blend called Chuckanut? or I have some McClellands blends, lmk.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    SG's best brown flake
    GL Pease Gas Light

Aj
    Nice choices guys, the last three are a few personal favorites of mine.
    Orlik RACING GREEN!

I absolutly love this stuff!

Aj
    G&H Kendal KY. Nice in a med. bowl for a quick smoke break.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    I just ordered some McClellands Oriental #14, supposed to be navy flake, cavendish, orientals & latakia. I've never had it, but have never been too let down by anything McClelland yet. Anyone with experience with this? I was thinking it would be here tomorrow, but, sadly, it shipped UPS, which means I won't see it before Saturday, maybe not until Monday.
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Orlik RACING GREEN!

Aj
    how are those other orliks? I love the red, and I just recently noticed they've added a few new choices.
    Gray4lines:
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Orlik RACING GREEN!

Aj
    how are those other orliks? I love the red, and I just recently noticed they've added a few new choices.
    I like the red alot, one of my favorites with its low bite and lite orange-y flavor to me. Its real tasty if rubbed out and rolled as a cigarette too.

The green is a neat one, its like a cross over english. Has just a light aro note to it when first lit, and softly fades away to a rounded english taste with very even turkish-latakia notes. I liked it, but I like aros as much as others and so im partial to an aro twist. So good for the aro lover looking to try a english or vise versa. Cant really put my finger on the aro note... its umm.... different? LOL. Interestingly enough, I havent gotten any bite from this yet.... 2nd day of burning it and not even a sore spot. That alone may make this my go to tin, I really have high hopes for this on that performance factor alone.

Aj
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Gray4lines:
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Orlik RACING GREEN!

Aj
    I like the red alot, one of my favorites with its low bite and lite orange-y flavor to me. Its real tasty if rubbed out and rolled as a cigarette too.

The green is a neat one, its like a cross over english. Has just a light aro note to it when first lit, and softly fades away to a rounded english taste with very even turkish-latakia notes. I liked it, but I like aros as much as others and so im partial to an aro twist. So good for the aro lover looking to try a english or vise versa. Cant really put my finger on the aro note... its umm.... different? LOL. Interestingly enough, I havent gotten any bite from this yet.... 2nd day of burning it and not even a sore spot. That alone may make this my go to tin, I really have high hopes for this on that performance factor alone.

Aj
    Thanks, that sounds like it's worth a try. I enjoy an aro from time to time. But I agree, orlik is a great easy to smoke tobacco. That may be why I like it so much. I get a citrus flavor from the red too. Very good!
    Deep Hallow. I like this stuff but it pisses me off. good flavor, nice virginias... but shitty burn performance. out the tin, bite city! dried and dried lovely bite free taste but refuses to stay lit. agh the journy to the perfect tobacco is a long and windy road.

Aj
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    You guys make me wanna get a pipe.