Home Ratings & Reviews

Flor de Oliva Panatella

webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
I received a pair of these from our generous BOTL allsmokedup.

I have burnt a number of Flor de Oliva cigars before. They were one of the first brands I tried when branching out. Liked them a lot back then. The others were robustos. Never tried a panatella. I like this length for the amount of time it looks to burn; though the Lonsdale would give you more smoke volume in the same length.

This one is dark, tight packed, a great olive hint. There was little odor to it. The wrapper tasted sugary; possibly because of what they glued the cap down with, because this cap stuck out funny, as though there was too much glue under it. It uncapped easily. Drew tight.

Lit easily with one match. Did not deliver much volume. It tasted just like other Flors I have tried ... which seemed so much better back when I didn't know the possibilities. I think these BOTLs are spoiling me. Insouciance has its advantages. But even though it was unremarkable throughout, it was at least consistent throughout, never dying, never getting bitter, never going out. Very pleasant. Mild earthy flavor. Nothing overpowering. Never harsh. Just relaxing. Snow white ash that hung tight for an inch at a time. Pleasant aroma throughout the garage. Lasted an hour and a half.

Afterwards, it left a mellow stinkfinger. Morning mouth was ample but not coffee friendly. I had no wheeze. It's something I would buy in a bundle, but would not pay a bundle for.

two and a half stars