Home Non Cigar Related

Blessed!

StreaterStreater Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 293
I have to brag. Today I became a daddy. As some of you may know, for the last year my wife and I have been in the process of adopting her 7 year old niece. My wife has had custody of her since she was 3. It has been a long, hard, expensive process, but this morning it became final! I am the happiest man in the world! Never in my life did I ever believe that I could be so happy. I have been blessed much more than I deserve. Life is so good. Tonight I'll be smoking ribs and cigars. I wish everyone could experience the absolute joy that I feel right now. Yall have a GREAT 4th! Thank you for reading!

Comments

• laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Streater:
    I have to brag. Today I became a daddy. As some of you may know, for the last year my wife and I have been in the process of adopting her 7 year old niece. My wife has had custody of her since she was 3. It has been a long, hard, expensive process, but this morning it became final! I am the happiest man in the world! Never in my life did I ever believe that I could be so happy. I have been blessed much more than I deserve. Life is so good. Tonight I'll be smoking ribs and cigars. I wish everyone could experience the absolute joy that I feel right now. Yall have a GREAT 4th! Thank you for reading!
    Congratulations bro'. Becoming a dad is a pretty powerful experience alright lol.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    laker1963:
    Streater:
    Congratulations bro'. Becoming a dad is a pretty powerful experience alright lol.
    Congratulations!!
    Not to say this wrong and not to take anything away from those who are fathers/mothers, but to be a father/mother is one thing. To CHOOSE to adopt a child and become a father/mother, is something that takes a very special person to do that.
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    Congrats my man!
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    Congratulations on the great news.
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Congrats brother, its a wild ride, so hang on tight!
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    0patience:
    ..... To CHOOSE to adopt a child and become a father/mother, is something that takes a very special person to do that.

I couldn't agree more, Tony. My youngest brother and his wife adopted my nephew, Chase, who we lost recently in Afghanistan. 'Nuff said....
    Streater:

Congratulations, Streater. You'll experience that joy a thousandfold. It's a great thing you and your wife have done. Good job!
    Oh, and I hope you don't have a lot of trouble keeping those ribs lit. Cigars are sometimes bad enough but keeping a soggy rib lit is a hard job. :-)

• kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    jlmarta:
    Streater:

Congratulations, Streater. You'll experience that joy a thousandfold. It's a great thing you and your wife have done. Good job!
    My thought EXACTLY. Your a better man today, Congratulations to both of you.
  • StreaterStreater Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 293
    Thank yall very much for the congrats and well wishes. This little girl had my heart the first time I met her. She's the coolest little girl in the world. I've been her Daddy since I married my wife. I made a commitment to both of them on 7/7/2011. Now, it's legal. Her birth certificate will read, Streater. Now, it's time to fight for a new SS number for her.

God gives you your children. Sometimes, He just uses a different petrie dish.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Congratulations, my friend! I wish you and your family all the joy that life could possibly afford you.
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Congratulations. How's your back dude?
  • jon00jonjon00jon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 45
    Congrats my man, being a daddy is the best feeling ever. Happy 4th with the family.
  • WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    Congrats! You and your wife are amazing people for adopting!
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    No offense, but if you've had custody of since 3 and have raised that child... You've always BEEN a daddy... All you have is a piece of paperwork. It takes A LOT to be a dad, not just be called one.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    Streater:
    sounds to me like you became a daddy once you took on the responsibly of someone else s child. Big props to you, its a hard thing to do..stepping into someone elses role. Enjoy every day.
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    Any guy can create a child. It takes a real man to raise one.... no matter the DNA.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    It's no doubt a blessing and relief to the child as well.
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,107
    Congrats, you and your wife have done one hell of an amazing thing!!!