• LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    I'm a VAGitatian! Does that count??

PURO YOU PERVERT !!! Where ya been lately man ...hadn't seen ya around much ...
    Spent the last 4 days moving. I'm back at work now, just so damn sore I can't hardly move! haha It's hell getting old.

Moving is a biatchh in and of itself I hate doing that haha. But now I just call a moving company for the big stuff , furniture , etc. that takes some of the sting outta it cause when you get my age buddy you accumulate a lotta chit !!!
    Yea, I know what ya mean! I should have paid some movers to do it. We have a ton of stuff with me, the wife, and the little one. Plus the day we were moving all the big stuff we had some major storms hit the area. You might have seen the storms on the news because they caused the Cowboys practive facility at Valley Ranch to collapse. That was when we were right in the middle of moving.

Man that blows ...
    Literally...
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    I'll be trying some of these recipes. I don't plan on giving up meat any time soon, but I'm renting the spare room in my house to a friend from school thats vegetarian, so it would be cool to cook some things she can eat once in a while.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Scrambler:
    I'll be trying some of these recipes. I don't plan on giving up meat any time soon, but I'm renting the spare room in my house to a friend from school thats vegetarian, so it would be cool to cook some things she can eat once in a while.

Bow Chicka Bow Wow!
  • mustluvcigarsmustluvcigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 686
    vegetarian= ancient indian word meaning lousy hunter
  • smokestersmokester Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 131
    chipotle is good but i would have to say free birds burritos are better.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    smokester:
    chipotle is good but i would have to say free birds burritos are better.
    I'm more of a Planet Burrito man, but I've never tried Free Birds. I think there is one just off of Beltline though.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    hawaiianbass:
    Putting this thread back on track...

I found a sorbet recipie that looks good.

1 cup sugar
    1 1/4 cups water
    4 cups whole strawberries, rinsed and hulled
    2 Tbsp. orange juice
    In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and the water and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly.
    Reduce the heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, or until reduced by one-fourth. Remove from the heat and cool.
    In a blender, combine the strawberries and the orange juice until smooth. Press through a fine sieve.
    In a large bowl, combine with the sugar mixture. Cover and freeze until set.
    Whisk until smooth, freeze for an additional hour, and whisk again. Repeat twice.
    Serve when creamy.

I might try to make this over the weekend.

CK
    you might consider adding a bit of vanilla extract. it will round it out nicely. maybe a half of a teaspoon or so.
  • hawaiianbasshawaiianbass Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 123
    I just found a few smoothie recipes that I'm going to try for breakfast when I start my new job next week.

Sweet Veggie Smoothie

Ingredients:
    1 cup apple juice
    1 cup of sliced apple (sweet tasting apples are better)
    1/4 cup applesauce
    1/2 cup sliced carrots
    1/2 cup of cucumber (peeled and sliced)
    2 cups of ice
    a dash of nutmeg or cinnamon (optional)

Blend this vegetable smoothie until smooth. Adding the nutmeg and cinnamon will give it great fragrance.

Tomato Smoothie

Ingredients:
    2 cups (chopped) tomatoes
    1/2 cup tomatoe juice
    1/4 cup apple juice
    1/2 cup carrots
    1/4 cup (chopped) celery
    Tabasco or hot sauce to taste
    2 cups ice

Healthy Broccoli Smoothie

Ingredients
    1 Carrot (chopped)
    4 Florets of Broccoli
    2 Handfuls of Spinach
    1 Apple (chopped)
    2 Oranges (peeled and quartered)
    Orange Juice to dilute

You can change the fruit and vegtables to your requirements but this is one way of ensuring you get the portions of fruit and vegtables your body requires.

Raw Vegetable Smoothie

Ingredients
    1 - 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice OR balsamic vinegar
    4 tablespoons picante salsa
    1 cup raw broccoli
    1 raw tomato, quartered
    1/2 raw carrot, cut into 1-inch pieces
    1 cup raw kale, or any leafy green
    1 - 2 cloves raw garlic
    1/2 cup raw hulled sunflower seeds
    1/2 cup raw un-hulled sesame seeds
    1 - 2 slices onion

Start by pouring liquid ingredients (lemon juice, salsa) into blender. Add remaining ingredients and blend until texture is that of a creamy milkshake.

CK
  • jihiggsjihiggs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 468
    this thread is proving beneficial to me even though I am not a vegetarian. I usually have a hard time getting veggies into my diet. I'm thinking even though it might not taste that good, I could just blend some veggies together, slam it down before I eat the good stuff for dinner and I wont have to taste it anyway. don't get me wrong, I like a lot of veggies, but its just difficult to cook them properly every night, it gets old.
    I'm drinking a healthy broccali smoothie right now. Its...uh...very green. Its actually pretty good. The texture took a little getting used to since I don't usually eat liquid leaves. It tastes really good.,br>
    CK
    along the same lines....

anyone have a veggie garden?

im thinkin about one maybe this year.... but probably next.
    kuzi16:
    along the same lines....

anyone have a veggie garden?

im thinkin about one maybe this year.... but probably next.
    My parents always have a great garden. Lots of fresh squash, okra, all kinds of peppers, tomatoes, and melons.
    im thinking about cucumbers (for pickles) and watermelons.
    Oh yea, Cucumbers is the other thing they have. The garden gets bigger every year too. lol It makes it even better to go visit during the summer!
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    I'd Like to have a T-Bone steak garden...uummmm smiles to self !!!
    Tonight I made vegan lasanga and vegan brownies for a suprise party for a friend. Both went over really well and evrybody liked them.

CK