Home Non Cigar Related

any other big game hunters

2»

Comments

• StreaterStreater Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 293
    I was born a duck hunter. My dad is from Lake Charles Louisiana, and we have close to 10,000 acres of marshland in Lake Arthur. We've reclaimed about 3500 to farm rice and put a few oil rigs down. The rest, we hunt and fish. The Intra Coastal Canal runs through a corner of our place and they have been cutting canals out there for over 100 years. It's very easy to get lost out there needless to say. My great great grandfather bought it after the Civil War, and it's been in the family ever since. I can honestly say that the duck camp is my favorite place in the world.

My uncle taught me how to deer hunt in 2000. I've had leases in Texas ever since. I've killed Whitetail, Mule Deer, and an elk. I have also been fortunate enough to kill a couple Black Buck Antelope, a Red Deer, and a few Axis. I'll tell ya, once you eat an Axis Deer, everything else taste like coon. By far my favorite table fare. Sandhill crane is good too, believe it or not. They call it "Ribeye in the Sky".

Do you consider feral hogs big game? I've killed many many pigs. I've even killed a couple with a knife! What a rush! First time I hunted that way, I almost called it off when I saw the guides putting armor on the pit bulls. Pigs are mean. They won't just settle with killin ya. They'll eat you. Hunting hogs with dogs and a knife is just about as insane as North American Hunting gets. Definitely a young man's game, but it's a lot of fun.

• pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    I'm not a big game hunter or a hunter of any kind, but it can't be that hard. I snuck up on this muley while she was leaving us a present in our campsite.

• jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    0patience:
    We go through elk sausage like crazy. It doesn't last very long around here. LOL!
    I like deer for jerky because there are a lot more smaller pieces we can use for the jerky.
    Most the small stuff on elk goes to stew meat or sausage.

There's nothing better than a big steak cut from an old dry cow elk - or the backstrap, for that matter......

• 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    pelirrojo:
    I'm not a big game hunter or a hunter of any kind, but it can't be that hard. I snuck up on this muley while she was leaving us a present in our campsite.
    If that'd been a blacktail, you wouldn't have even seen her or got with in 50 yards of her. LOL!
    Had to bring this thread back to brag about my grand-nephew's bull elk he just got.

• BrianakBrianak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 227
    Here is a moose I got last year. So far no luck this season.
  • avengethisavengethis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,193
    I haven't been lucky enough to pull a bear tag yet but the biggest game in my area is Whitetail. The season just opened on Saturday so I'll be out between now and Early January looking for a couple.
    Today was a good day.
    Late this afternoon, my nephew (Grand nephew's dad) got his elk.