Home Ratings & Reviews

Tatuaje lil drac... mini review #2

BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
I was again surprised by the mini monster series today. The lil drac didn't have the wow factor right off the bat that the mummy did, but I think that's because I was closer to my expectations with the drac, where the mummy took me totally off guard. Again, huge thanks to Jiunn for sending me this great smoke.

Prelight: Very good looking cigar. Deep chocolate wrapper with a great barnyard and hay aroma. The foot had a slight pepper to it, but not much. The little torpedo is expertly constructed for sure.

Light and initial taste: This is where I was surprised. The pepper is very slight. The heat you get is much more of a cinnamon. There is very defined chocolate taste, and an overall sweetness that is very pleasant. There is a fruity note that I have not yet put my finger on... I'll get back to that later.

1st half: The 1st third and into the 2nd third develop beautifully. The sweetness takes over. Not only are there chocolate notes, but there is an overall feel of sweet baked beans... hear me out... when I make baked beans I put home smoked meat in them, with molasses, brown sugar, and a pinch of cinnamon. That's what this freakin cigar tastes like! I can easily pick out the smoked meat flavors, as well as the brown sugar, where the cinnamon and molasses are more in the background.

The smoke started out a bit thin, but billows by the 1" mark and stays that way throughout.

2nd half: RAISIN! That's what the fruit is that I couldn't put my finger on! It drove me crazy till I figured it out. Once you recognize it though, it stands out. The pepper and cinnamon have actually slowed down (which threw me a bit because I expected them to build). The chocolate and brown sugar have taken over, but the cigar is not overly sweet - it's just right. The cigar has settled in to a solid medium body, and never really ramped up like I expected it to. The cinnamon lingers on the finish, in a good way.

The burn and draw on this cigar was dead ass perfect again.

Final thoughts: I wanna not like the mini monsters because they are pricey and limited... but so far, with 2 down and 3 to go, I am beyond impressed. I wanted this cigar to taste like a PCR but with some unexpected twists and turns. By god it did. The raisin and brown sugar are beautiful. The pepper is pleasant but not over powering. There is a bit of a grassy taste on the finish, but the cigar needs no excuses for it's age. It already has more going for it than a lot of cigars.

Bottom line: I don't know if I'd throw down for a whole box of 20 of these, but I'd jump on a fiver without a doubt. There are several maduros in the $8 price range that offer more (San Cristobal jumped to the top of my head), but this is a fun cigar. This cigar is more complex than the mummy, but less dynamic. I don't think it has the legs that the mummy has, and I wouldn't hesitate to smoke one now and save the other for a year... but I wouldn't commit much more time to it than that.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Comments

• robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    another nice review... does it how does it compare with the original Drac?
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    that reviewed kicked bootay. flavors of raisin, choco, brown sugar? man, I'm for sure sold! thanks again for the review Todd.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    BigT06:
    I was again surprised by the mini monster series today. The lil drac didn't have the wow factor right off the bat that the mummy did, but I think that's because I was closer to my expectations with the drac, where the mummy took me totally off guard. Again, huge thanks to Jiunn for sending me this great smoke.

Prelight: Very good looking cigar. Deep chocolate wrapper with a great barnyard and hay aroma. The foot had a slight pepper to it, but not much. The little torpedo is expertly constructed for sure.

Light and initial taste: This is where I was surprised. The pepper is very slight. The heat you get is much more of a cinnamon. There is very defined chocolate taste, and an overall sweetness that is very pleasant. There is a fruity note that I have not yet put my finger on... I'll get back to that later.

1st half: The 1st third and into the 2nd third develop beautifully. The sweetness takes over. Not only are there chocolate notes, but there is an overall feel of sweet baked beans... hear me out... when I make baked beans I put home smoked meat in them, with molasses, brown sugar, and a pinch of cinnamon. That's what this freakin cigar tastes like! I can easily pick out the smoked meat flavors, as well as the brown sugar, where the cinnamon and molasses are more in the background.

The smoke started out a bit thin, but billows by the 1" mark and stays that way throughout.

2nd half: RAISIN! That's what the fruit is that I couldn't put my finger on! It drove me crazy till I figured it out. Once you recognize it though, it stands out. The pepper and cinnamon have actually slowed down (which threw me a bit because I expected them to build). The chocolate and brown sugar have taken over, but the cigar is not overly sweet - it's just right. The cigar has settled in to a solid medium body, and never really ramped up like I expected it to. The cinnamon lingers on the finish, in a good way.

The burn and draw on this cigar was dead ass perfect again.

Final thoughts: I wanna not like the mini monsters because they are pricey and limited... but so far, with 2 down and 3 to go, I am beyond impressed. I wanted this cigar to taste like a PCR but with some unexpected twists and turns. By god it did. The raisin and brown sugar are beautiful. The pepper is pleasant but not over powering. There is a bit of a grassy taste on the finish, but the cigar needs no excuses for it's age. It already has more going for it than a lot of cigars.

Bottom line: I don't know if I'd throw down for a whole box of 20 of these, but I'd jump on a fiver without a doubt. There are several maduros in the $8 price range that offer more (San Cristobal jumped to the top of my head), but this is a fun cigar. This cigar is more complex than the mummy, but less dynamic. I don't think it has the legs that the mummy has, and I wouldn't hesitate to smoke one now and save the other for a year... but I wouldn't commit much more time to it than that.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
    Thanks for the review makin some corn bread now to go with my mini Drac,,,;o)
  • jeep edsonjeep edson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 826
    nice review. thank you.
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    robbyras:
    another nice review... does it how does it compare with the original Drac?
    I've never had an oroginal to compare it with.