Home Cigar 101

Green filler tobacco?

VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
Im chewing on a 5 Vegas Miami Knuckle and I can see VERY green filler tobacco in there. I cant get a good shot with my phone but is that normal. I will dissect if it gets weird. Lots of big a$s stems too.The green seems to be close to the stems. Its burning OK so I want to try to get thru it. If it goes south there will be pics.

EDIT. I pulled out a stem and it was attached to it. Not alot of green after all. But its all twigs at the cap. I pulled out a few and its drawing much better

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    That sucks about the stems... I really like the Miami too. I have occasionally seen green looking leaves in the filler in multiple cigars... I did not notice a bad taste or anything, maybe some leaves just do not change color all the way... and maybe that's why they're stuck on the inside.
  • Bklyn78Bklyn78 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 65
    Its funny cause thats what i smoked last night. Had no stems, burned perfect, and no green tobacco. It was a very enjoyable smoke from start to finish.
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,922
    Yeah Pete I notice when I smoked one of the knuckles it was strong, so I'm letting them age for a while and then I go back to them. But they are a great smoke and I like the 5 Vegas Miami's alot. I sent Gray some and told him to let them age.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    robertgreen30:
    Yeah Pete I notice when I smoked one of the knuckles it was strong, so I'm letting them age for a while and then I go back to them. But they are a great smoke and I like the 5 Vegas Miami's alot. I sent Gray some and told him to let them age.
    thanks again, Rob, I really appreciate it and can't wait to have em.
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,922
    Gray4lines:
    robertgreen30:
    thanks again, Rob, I really appreciate it and can't wait to have em.
    Your welcome Gray. Enjoy