Home Cigar 101

Most popular cigars within community?

2»

Comments

• 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    *Petey*:
    realizment:
    Hi Guys, As some of you seen in my last thread im a noobie, so id like to see what seems to be the favorite cigars amongst this community, is there 1 or 2 cigars that generally most people here will always have a 1 or 2 of? My first order to get me started is the one stop sampler, the cusano ashtray sampler and the ultimate connoisseurs collection. I also have my eyes closely on the cabanas in the luxury collection, any comments on those? Hopefully within my order theres a few favorites and i find a couple i like. I know everyone has a different taste but im sure theres a few fan favorites out there, a must have in the collection type, im sure theres many but what seems to be this communitys no 1 and 2 cigars? Thanks guys!
    I was never a cigarette smoker, so I'll just address the original post, since I have no input on hoe the two go together.

But most cigar smokers these days carry several different favorites in their humidors at all times and usually have a small section of singels of sticks that are on their "to - try" list, and thats where the fun starts. Most don't stick with just one or two favorites.

As for brands to follow, and or favorite brands of the forum, those seem to changes a lot, but I know that a lot of folks like myself tend to follow blenders rather than brands, as a lot of blenders will blend for differnt brands yet give off similar flavor caracteristics so you know what to expect once you find out who blended something.

AJ Fernandez has already been mentioned, but some other favorite blenders of mine are Don Pepin Garcia, Christian Eiroa, Kelner and EP Carillo. All of these guys seem to have their hands in more brands than just the ones under their own name, so I have my favorites and when I want to try something new I check out what those guys ar einvolved in first becuase I know I'll like it.

Anyway welcome to the forums realizement and get to smoking as much as you can so you can start to build up your likes and dislikes. Samplers are great in the beginning.
    There is only one brand that is always in my humidor. Torano.
    Mostly because there is always a cameroon of some type in my humidor and my favorite cameroon is Torano 1916. Other than that, it's a crap shoot. All different kinds.

But when it comes time to smoke, what I choose to smoke at that time varies depending on what I want to taste and whether I want something mild, medium or bold. And it's amazing how you will desire a certain taste.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    raisindot:
    bbass2:
    IMO cigar cravings are closer to a to the feeling of wanting a certain food and not like the jittery "gotta have my cigarette" craving.
    Wow, have you totally hit it on the head with this one. I've never smoke cigarettes (too many smokers in my family dying of lung cancer to ever risk this), and I limit myself to one cigar a week, but you're absolutely right--it's not the act of smoking itself I look forward to, but sampling the qualities of a particular cigar itself. Indeed, whenever I smoke a cigar I don't like it often turns me off of cigar smoking in general for a few weeks.
    the way i have always described it was that cigarettes are a habit and cigars are a hobby.