Home Ratings & Reviews

Brick House Maduro

AugustWestAugustWest Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 62
Just had one of these over the weekend. Saw them on the shelf at my B&M. I like the regular Brick House, don't have much experience with any maduro's, so I figured I'd try it out. Spot-on construction, great burn, great draw. I don't usually pick up many flavors but this had notable cocoa and leather. No bad aftertaste or "morning mouth". I would highly recommend. Paid about $6 for a toro size.

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    AugustWest:
    Just had one of these over the weekend. Saw them on the shelf at my B&M. I like the regular Brick House, don't have much experience with any maduro's, so I figured I'd try it out. Spot-on construction, great burn, great draw. I don't usually pick up many flavors but this had notable cocoa and leather. No bad aftertaste or "morning mouth". I would highly recommend. Paid about $6 for a toro size.
    BH maduros are news to me! I really enjoy he regular line. I will be looking for these!
  • AugustWestAugustWest Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 62
    They just came out for the ICPCR show. I was surprised to see them too, but glad I tried them.
    Awesome, I think brick house are a solid and consistent smoke. I grab one when I want something I know I'll enjoy, and I often recommend em to guys who don't smoke much/at all. Can't wait to try one of the maduros, thanks for the heads up!
  • AugustWestAugustWest Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 62
    Did a little research online...it looks like there's only one size, a 6 x 60 called the "mighty mighty maduro". Hope I didn't cause any confusion.
    AugustWest:
    Did a little research online...it looks like there's only one size, a 6 x 60 called the "mighty mighty maduro". Hope I didn't cause any confusion.
    I saw that too, I actually haven't had the mighty mighty in the regular line,but I'd like to try it. I'm still on the lookout for these, can't wait till somewhere around here has them.
    Id like to bump this and post my notes. I bought 2 brickhouse maduros yesterday and smoked one last night. ((Sorry no pics of it)

As mentioned above the maduro only comes in a larger 6x60 format "mighty-mighty" which would typically not be my first pick in size. I find it a little strange that jc newman would introduce a new wrapper in the line, but only in a size where the wrapper has the least amount of impact on flavor (in wrapper to filler terms). I guess they are catering to the trend a little.

Preligt, this cigar has a light cedar and tobacco scent with bitter cocoa coming out. Mine had a snug draw, but was not a problem throughout the smoke.

It took about an inch to settle in for me. Light woody notes and bitter cocoa taste at the end of a draw, with a clean finish. Burning on down, notes of bitter coffee and espresso pick up, but the finish is still clean with a noticeable cedar flavor.

Much like the regular line, this is a more med body, woody smoke although I found it less creamy and full tasting (only had one though). I wish they would indroduce some other sizes with the maduro as well, to showcase the wrapper a little more. To sum up, it this still tastes like a BH which is a good thing in my mind. The wrapper adds a subtle, but still there cocoa and coffee taste, and the clean cedar finish remains.