Home Non Cigar Related

I missed Clint's speech

y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
Did he growl at any Koreans to get off his convention floor?

Comments

• VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    First there were no Koreans (yes I saw the movie). I havent seen so many whites in one building since the annual KKK rally, lol. I have no idea what he was doing or what he said. It was comical to a degree, but it became terribly uncomfortable after the first 8 or 9 minutes and it just made me feel like the elderly I see rambling in the job I do because of their dementia or anger about time having passed them by.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Vulchor:
    I have no idea what he was doing or what he said.
    Dont sweat it Vulch - I just watched it online and Clint didnt have any idea either! LOL I LOOOOOVE Clint Eastwood but man, that was just painful to watch...

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Here is the link, personally I loved it. Yes he is getting old, unfortuantely he has slowed down quite a bit but i do not think he has lost his wit.
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/defense-clint-eastwood-weird-fantastic-025825753--election.html
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    catfishbluezz:
    Here is the link, personally I loved it. Yes he is getting old, unfortuantely he has slowed down quite a bit but i do not think he has lost his wit.
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/defense-clint-eastwood-weird-fantastic-025825753--election.html

I'm on my iPhone and that may be the problem but that link took me to a blog but no video. I missed his speech and would have thought it would be on YouTube but I can't find it. I'd love to watch it.....

jlmarta:
    catfishbluezz:

I'm on my iPhone and that may be the problem but that link took me to a blog but no video. I missed his speech and would have thought it would be on YouTube but I can't find it. I'd love to watch it.....

It is on Yahoo news, that's what the link was from.
    catfishbluezz:
    jlmarta:
    catfishbluezz:

It is on Yahoo news, that's what the link was from.

Thanks, I'll look there.....

• beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    I think you guys missed the irony. He was acting feeble minded. It reminded me of some of Bob Newharts' routines when he is on the phone and you only get 1 part of the conversation. Maybe he's just a good actor.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    beatnic:
    I think you guys missed the irony. He was acting feeble minded. It reminded me of some of Bob Newharts' routines when he is on the phone and you only get 1 part of the conversation. Maybe he's just a good actor.
    This was pretty much my take on it, which I posted on the R.N.C. thread
    Ha HAAA!! Found it!! Thanks, Catfish. I loved it. And I agree - I think his stammering and all was deliberate and helped sell the whole shtick. It was great!

• VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Yes, he was acting guys. Just like Ronald Reagan would occasionally scream out "JUST KIDDING!!!!", then go back to being catatonic.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    Suppose a Republican is the President of the United States, and at the DNC a hollywood actor is that disrespectful to both the Office of the Presidency and the sitting President, what do you suppose the reaction of conservatives would be?
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    JDH:
    Suppose a Republican is the President of the United States, and at the DNC a hollywood actor is that disrespectful to both the Office of the Presidency and the sitting President, what do you suppose the reaction of conservatives would be?
    2 words. George Bush. Your memory is short. More Hollywood actors have said more vile things about that man than can be documented. About time a conservative actor did the same.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    beatnic:
    JDH:
    2 words. George Bush. Your memory is short. More Hollywood actors have said more vile things about that man than can be documented. About time a conservative actor did the same.
    Also, GWB invited Stephen Colbert to roast him.... And Ryan is a John Stewart fan.... Both sides have a better sense of humor than you are giving them credit for.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    beatnic:
    JDH:
    No, my memory isn't short, I'm just asking how conservatives would react if...do you recall the reaction? I do.
    JDH:
    beatnic:
    JDH:
    No, my memory isn't short, I'm just asking how conservatives would react if...do you recall the reaction? I do.
    It wouldn't matter, the media would be too busy reporting nad agreeing with the Hollywood actors. The double standard is outrageous.