Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

no escape

webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
I feel not so much trapped as hunted. And I can't escape. I try. They run me down. Between internet cookies, traffic cameras, google, secret government databases, and that chip they secretly planted in my tooth when they put me out for a root canal, they run me down every time.

We left Dull-Aware Friday afternoon. Crossed the mighty Alleghennies. Broke down. Rented a car. Persevered. Crossed wide Ohio and Illinois. Crossed plains. Crossed the Father of Waters. Crossed kore plains. Crossed more plains. Plains. Bleak plains. High plains. Bleak mountains. Speeding tickets. Jackson Hole. Idaho. By the time we checked into the beautiful and highly recommended Blue Heron Inn (http://www.idahoblueheron.com/) alongside the South Fork of the Snake, we thought we had gotten away from it all. Alas. Not so. Look what was waiting for us on the dresser:

That mobile fire truck repairman got here before us. I tell you, there is no escape. I thought I had eluded them with my tin foil hat. Ought to have used aluminum.

Comments