Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Cigars and Lighter giveaway - Winners posted!

robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
So I know some of you guys are not involved in the social media side of things so I kept this giveaway simple. In fact, I think many of you guys will have some good answers.

Here are the details: "So here is how you can enter the contest. Post a comment on RRR telling me your favorite character from a movie or book (be sure to be specific and name the movie or book) who fits one of these descriptions. Tell me why he or she is a great character and how he or she is a Renegade or Fugitive, etc. Simple right? This won’t be a random drawing though. I’m going to pick my favorite answer, so bring your creativity! I’ll announce the winner on Monday, September 24th so get your comments posted by midnight PDT on Sunday the 23rd."

Here is the link Nomad Cigar and Xikar Lighter contest

Make sure to post your comment on the site to enter.

Comments

• T.J. ArmstrongT.J. Armstrong Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 256
    Cool contest idea! I just entered, but it was cool reading what everyone else had already put on there.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    Just saw your post TJ... I was hoping someone would mention him... great books... I don;t buy Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher, but that's out of my control... good choice and thanks for participating
    Thanks for putting it on and I look forward to catching the video of the cigarchat since I am usually not around 7 our time. By the way, keep up the good work on the site. I have found myself getting lost on there quite a bit like I do on here, just reading away. Oh, what a hobby :-)
    Randomly and off topic, but since you have read some of the Reacher books, any chance you have checked out Vince Flynn's series (Mitch Rapp) or Brad Thor's series (Scot Harvath)? Flynn had me hooked immediately and once I finished all of them, I saw Amazon recommended both Child and Thor, so I started with Thor. I flew through those too (excited stuff) and then started into the Reacher series and am now 6 books in. Sorry to thread jack, but figured I would ask. All three of the main characters in these series could fit the descriptions.
  • NectarCigarNectarCigar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 171
    Another cool giveaway thanks!! mine was marv from sin city :)
    Nice, definitely meets the description nicely!
    T.J. Armstrong:
    Randomly and off topic, but since you have read some of the Reacher books, any chance you have checked out Vince Flynn's series (Mitch Rapp) or Brad Thor's series (Scot Harvath)? Flynn had me hooked immediately and once I finished all of them, I saw Amazon recommended both Child and Thor, so I started with Thor. I flew through those too (excited stuff) and then started into the Reacher series and am now 6 books in. Sorry to thread jack, but figured I would ask. All three of the main characters in these series could fit the descriptions.
    it's funny... I was gonna bring up Rapp.. I Just started Memorial Day... book 4 I think... my problem is I jump back and forth so I never really gain ground... I have one of the Brad Thor books, but it's in the middle and I need to start form the beginning... we have similar reading tastes... shoot me a PM and we'll chat
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    I picked the best one ever. LOL!
    Smokes cigars and destroys things. ROFL!!
    0patience:
    oh man... i never evne thought of him... he was a bit of a drifter and general Nomad as well... great pick...

this is gonna be a TOUGH contest!
    0patience:

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Nice Tony! You win! How can you compete with a man who has blades coming out of his hands!?!?!? :-) He has built-in cutters for God's sake! He can punch cigars for himself and 5 friends!
    I have a few that I am looking for and 2 of them have been mentioned... there are a few that I am kinda shocked that have not been mentioned.. but we have a week... I hope it gets over 100 posts so I can pick a few winners
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Wow, some guys hit the literary works pretty hard to come up with some of those.

I do have to admit that "Roland, the Gunslinger" from Steven King's Dark Tower series did come to mind.
    But I'm not that deep, so I went with Wolverine. LOL!
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    posted my good Sir
    this one is still going on... you have until Sunday night to get your answer in... lots of good stuff so far, but there is plenty of room for creativity...

Probably won't get to 100 replies, so I may end up picking an overall winner and then my favorite Ccom reply... the Ccom winner would get different sticks though... just a thought
    Winners posted.... just saying
    Too cool! Thanks!