Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Etiquette - this may have been discussed

robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
but have we talked about selling sticks on the forum? I don't sell and I won't, but I do buy from guys from time to time. I am not saying it shouldn't be done, but I feel like we should be a bit more discreet... the Ccom boys are nice enough to let us BS here, so I think we should return the favor and keep the pricing on a PM basis... I know it would make things more difficult, but it just seems like the right thing to do...

with that being said, does anyone have a problem with me posting my giveaway's here? I never thought to ask, but it's along the same lines... if there are any issues please let me know...

Comments

• VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    I have a problem.... None of your give aways have been sent to the correct address.... Do you need mine again? LOL. I dont think anyone will have a problem with your give aways bro.

KISSES!!
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    robbyras:
    but have we talked about selling sticks on the forum? I don't sell and I won't, but I do buy from guys from time to time. I am not saying it shouldn't be done, but I feel like we should be a bit more discreet... the Ccom boys are nice enough to let us BS here, so I think we should return the favor and keep the pricing on a PM basis... I know it would make things more difficult, but it just seems like the right thing to do...

with that being said, does anyone have a problem with me posting my giveaway's here? I never thought to ask, but it's along the same lines... if there are any issues please let me know...
    I couldn't agree with you more Rob. Seeing personal cigars being sold is really no different then posting competitor links or mentioning names. How hard is it to post I have X for sale PM for pricing.

• robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    Vision:
    I have a problem.... None of your give aways have been sent to the correct address.... Do you need mine again? LOL. I dont think anyone will have a problem with your give aways bro.

KISSES!!
    ha... just want to make sure I don't ruffle any feathers... sorry none of the giveaways get to you... I'll try to work on that... still can't believe we gave away Ratzillas... I've never even SEEN on in real life and we're givin them away...
    MTuccelli:
    robbyras:

I couldn't agree with you more Rob. Seeing personal cigars being sold is really no different then posting competitor links or mentioning names. How hard is it to post I have X for sale PM for pricing.

that's my feeling... I'm not trying to stir up any arguments or anything... just seems like we should do the PM thing out of respect... it's really just a suggestion
  • NectarCigarNectarCigar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 171
    Didn't really consider that but agree, sorry guys I will remove the $ in my recent post.
    robbyras:
    MTuccelli:
    robbyras:

that's my feeling... I'm not trying to stir up any arguments or anything... just seems like we should do the PM thing out of respect... it's really just a suggestion
    I don't think you are stirring anything up, it is a topic that we all should agree on. If posting competitors links could take away business from ccom what the hell do you think posting your stash does? I think technically it puts you in competition with ccom but many don't see it that way.

NectarCigar:
    Didn't really consider that but agree, sorry guys I will remove the $ in my recent post.
    this wasn't directed at you bro... not at anyone specifically ... I just know this has been mentioned before, but not sure if it's been discussed... I figure someone has to bring it up so we can all get on the same page...
  • NectarCigarNectarCigar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 171
    robbyras:
    NectarCigar:
    this wasn't directed at you bro... not at anyone specifically ... I just know this has been mentioned before, but not sure if it's been discussed... I figure someone has to bring it up so we can all get on the same page...
    I know, no worries, think its better that way anyway. Thanks for bringing it up!
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    MTuccelli:
    robbyras:
    MTuccelli:
    robbyras:

I don't think you are stirring anything up, it is a topic that we all should agree on. If posting competitors links could take away business from ccom what the hell do you think posting your stash does? I think technically it puts you in competition with ccom but many don't see it that way.

The guys here who sell their cigars arent running a business, So I dont think its the same as a competitors link, usually its a one and done, or cigars that ccom doesnt sell. Or in some cases the cigars may have been originally purchased from ccom. So I dont have a problem with it. I dont appreciate guys comin here with their first post trying to sell their stuff. I'm all for keeping the prices behind the scenes.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Whether you pm the price, or list it, the end result is the same. Quibbling over whether the price is listed or not is silly. If you really feel that it takes away from ccom, then let's ban all F/S threads. We should probably ban trade threads too, because those are sticks that could have been purchased from ccom instead. Bombs and game threads as well?
    Russ55:
    Whether you pm the price, or list it, the end result is the same. Quibbling over whether the price is listed or not is silly. If you really feel that it takes away from ccom, then let's ban all F/S threads. We should probably ban trade threads too, because those are sticks that could have been purchased from ccom instead. Bombs and game threads as well?
    this is the exact reason I cringed after I posted this thread...

i simply thing keeping prices private is a respectful thing to do... since 9 times out of 10 folks are selling stuff cheaper than Ccom is... i have no philosophical issues with it... just though it would be classy to keep the prices on a PM basis... there is no need to make this into a slippery slope where we all have to stop smoking cigars...
    robbyras:
    Russ55:
    this is the exact reason I cringed after I posted this thread...

i simply thing keeping prices private is a respectful thing to do... since 9 times out of 10 folks are selling stuff cheaper than Ccom is... i have no philosophical issues with it... just though it would be classy to keep the prices on a PM basis... there is no need to make this into a slippery slope where we all have to stop smoking cigars...
    What is there to cringe about, you shared a concern if some want to take it to the extreme that is their right.

• 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    I think a fair compromise and a respectful thing to do is to not list prices on things Ccom carries.
    On things they don't carry or rares, then I don't see a conflict, but that's just me.

Has anyone asked the folks at Ccom what their stance would be on it?
    That would be the easiest solution to the problem.
    Their answer could take care of the whole situation.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    0patience:
    I think a fair compromise and a respectful thing to do is to not list prices on things Ccom carries.
    On things they don't carry or rares, then I don't see a conflict, but that's just me.

Has anyone asked the folks at Ccom what their stance would be on it?
    That would be the easiest solution to the problem.
    Their answer could take care of the whole situation.
    I'd be interested to see thier take hoenstly. Lately, without income...I haven't been buying much. What I ahve been buying has mainly been HSA. When I do need to stock up on the stuff they carry, I always find the cheapest price and andy matches it. That being said, I am not against pricing via PM. Given I've never seen an issue here with bad buyers or sellers getting burned, I know I can trust the guys here. Every time I have sold, its always to buy something else.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    What's for sale is often not even the same product. When you order from ccom, you're getting something that you know s relatively young, spent its young life stored properly, and will be shipped perfectly with all guarantees in place. When you buy from someone on here, that all differs on a case-by-case basis. I'm not saying anyone here doesn't store/ship/guarantee, but these things are more implicit expectations between BOTLs rather than explicit contracts between buyer and seller. Especially when you take age of sticks into consideration, the products themselves can be different and not found on ccom.

So, in the end, while the pictures may look nearly identical, the products are quite different. If we notice someone constantly selling larger lots of various sticks on here that are commonly found on things like the Sprint Sale for cheap, we can figure that person is trying to profit rather than share/explore new things and deal with that if it comes (frankly I'm surprised and impressed it hasn't).

Just my 2c. I would also be very interested in hearing Alex or any other representative weigh in here.
  • greg2648greg2648 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,422
    I don't have issues with people selling personal overstock here. I would only caution that it not get out of control. It hasn't so far, so I don't think that is an issue. I would agree that the pricing should be done by PM. My .02...........
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    greg2648:
    I don't have issues with people selling personal overstock here. I would only caution that it not get out of control. It hasn't so far, so I don't think that is an issue. I would agree that the pricing should be done by PM. My .02...........
    +1
  • jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    mmccartneydc:
    greg2648:
    +1
    +2

My main thought on pricing being done by PMs is that way it isn't visible to a search engine's web crawler. That way we are only selling amongst ourselves instead of attracting people just looking for a cheap buy.
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    Selling cigars without a license is illegal. No matter if they are NC or CC. Posting prices on any other website is usually forbidden because of this.

Do I really think the ATF or anyone else is going to come after a person selling cigars on a chat board? Nope. They can though. Especially if they are cigars that are illegal to posses.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Russ55:
    +1.....Seems lately, and this isnt directed to Rob or anyone else specifically, everyone is trying to self police everything and trying to set rules. Not that it isnt a good thing, but it seems to just become a power trip more than anything helpful. If CCom has a problem with it, they will tell us...how about that? And while on the topic, I understand CCom gives us great deals, a great forum, bla blha blah. BUT do we not GIVE THEM BUSINESS?!?!? Its a 2 way street here, I havent heard of anyone just being sent everything for free, so lets not act like the place is the Salvation Army. Respect is fine, then let the guys that work for the joint decide instead of trying to show off our plastic Deputy Sheriff badges------If Ive derailed this thread we can take the discussion to the non cigar related.
  • Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    I sold a bunch of sticks maybe a year or two ago, but instead of asking for paypal/money order/check, I asked for a ccom gift card in return. I didn't want my thread to be seen as me being a 'competitor' of ccom, and figured the gift card was a good compromise because it meant that they were making money right away. If it's a matter of just selling some overflow sticks that you won't smoke, then it should be easy to do that. If it's a matter of needing cash asap though, and selling sticks because you need to pay for a new muffler or something, then obviously a ccom gift card won't help.

As for prices on PM, personally I would never PM someone who listed sticks for sale and said "PM for details", but that's just me.
    greg2648:
    100% agree... all I'm saying is we should keep the pricing on a PM basis... that's it

Hey, I've got this stuff I want to move... PM me if you're interested...

simple, right?
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    i agree with the majority on this.i have always thought a certain amount of discretion is important in all aspects of life.also if its kept quiet our wives wont know how much were paying for some of this stuff..lol
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    twistedstem:
    i agree with the majority on this.i have always thought a certain amount of discretion is important in all aspects of life.also if its kept quiet our wives wont know how much were paying for some of this stuff..lol
    Amen brother
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    I have some ocean front property in Arizona, interested?? lmao
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    I would hope we feel like a community and have personal relationships. What goes on in PMs, should stay in PMs.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    beatnic:
    I would hope we feel like a community and have personal relationships. What goes on in PMs, should stay in PMs.
    +1 Hence the term "Private Message"
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    The Kid:
    beatnic:
    +1 Hence the term "Private Message"
    +2^^^