Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

2nd Annual Thanksgiving On Us **Closed**

Angie1977Angie1977 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 26
This year so far has been good to my family and I. Our businesses have been doing well and we thank God for keeping His promise to us. With that being said I know how important it is to help others and how important it is to teach my child the same things I learned while growing up.

So this year I would like on behalf of our businesses to help a family have a Thanksgiving Dinner that otherwise might not be able to, due to a lay off or Military TDY, Hurricanes, Tornadoes etc. I love the forum and have been around quite a bit and consider ya'll part of my extended family.

So I would like anyone here that knows someone that won't be able to have Thanksgiving Dinner or it can be someone here on the forum too, that needs the help and our company will provide the means for you or them to have Thanksgiving Dinner.

It would help if the recipient has a Walmart Supercenter nearby where they can shop because I will mail them a Walmart Gift Card or if there isn't a Walmart Supercenter nearby then I will send a money order. So PM me with your nominations and what grocery stores are nearby or in the area and from there Lilli will help pick someone to receive the gift card or money order. Cut off for this is 11 Nov. 2012 so I have enough time using the Postal Service.

Comments

• BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Very nice Angie! That's what the holidays are all about!
  • Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
    Now that's just AWESOME a business that actually wants to help others in need! You don't find that anymore in today's world! It makes me very proud to see that!! Way to go Angie way to go!!
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Too cool Angie!!
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Amazing, simply amazing! I was astounded by the generosity of the BoTL on the forum when I joined,but to find a business owner who is willing to help "the common man" is mind-blowing in this time and age. Awesome idea, Angie! Mike is a very blessed man to have a daughter such as you!
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Hi Angie, I work at a school in Flint, MI. I should be able to find a family that fits this drawing. I'll get back to you in a couple days.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    Angie1977:
    This year so far has been good to my family and I. Our businesses have been doing well and we thank God for keeping His promise to us. With that being said I know how important it is to help others and how important it is to teach my child the same things I learned while growing up.

So this year I would like on behalf of our businesses to help a family have a Thanksgiving Dinner that otherwise might not be able to, due to a lay off or Military TDY, Hurricanes, Tornadoes etc. I love the forum and have been around quite a bit and consider ya'll part of my extended family.

So I would like anyone here that knows someone that won't be able to have Thanksgiving Dinner or it can be someone here on the forum too, that needs the help and our company will provide the means for you or them to have Thanksgiving Dinner.

It would help if the recipient has a Walmart Supercenter nearby where they can shop because I will mail them a Walmart Gift Card or if there isn't a Walmart Supercenter nearby then I will send a money order. So PM me with your nominations and what grocery stores are nearby or in the area and from there Lilli will help pick someone to receive the gift card or money order. Cut off for this is 11 Nov. 2012 so I have enough time using the Postal Service.
    Simply amazing. There are still kind wonderful people in ths world. Way to help out a less than fortunate family.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Very thoughtful!!! I wish you and yours a great Holliday and think you are doing a extremely great thing!!!
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 771
    SleevePlz:
    Hi Angie, I work at a school in Flint, MI. I should be able to find a family that fits this drawing. I'll get back to you in a couple days.
    Hi Angie, this is a very generous gift from a very generous lady. Thanik you for all you do on the forum and the community.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    Hi Angie. Your father is one of the greatest men I've known, his kindness and generosity has touched many. I see that he has raised you well, teaching you the importance of helping others. Thank you for what you're doing here. If there were more people like you and Mike, the world would be a much better place.

I grew up in a large family with 5 kids. My father was injured in an accident and unable to return to work, so we were the family in need of assistance. I know what it's like to have nothing. Now that I'm all grown up (almost) I always try to help those in need, by providing food to our local Helping Hands Ministry. In our latest food drive my wife, my sister-in-law, and myself delivered almost 2,500 cans of food and 260 cases of soup mix (providing over 12,000 servings). My youngest daughter helps out as well. In the past couple of weeks she has raised nearly $100 for the ministry, selling bracelets that she makes herself.

Again, thank you for what you're doing, and God Bless You!
  • Angie1977Angie1977 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 26
    dbeckom:
    Hi Angie. Your father is one of the greatest men I've known, his kindness and generosity has touched many. I see that he has raised you well, teaching you the importance of helping others. Thank you for what you're doing here. If there were more people like you and Mike, the world would be a much better place.

I grew up in a large family with 5 kids. My father was injured in an accident and unable to return to work, so we were the family in need of assistance. I know what it's like to have nothing. Now that I'm all grown up (almost) I always try to help those in need, by providing food to our local Helping Hands Ministry. In our latest food drive my wife, my sister-in-law, and myself delivered almost 2,500 cans of food and 260 cases of soup mix (providing over 12,000 servings). My youngest daughter helps out as well. In the past couple of weeks she has raised nearly $100 for the ministry, selling bracelets that she makes herself.

Again, thank you for what you're doing, and God Bless You!
    That is so awesome!! I also give back to a ministry out here in Katy, they have always been there when I needed help. So I give what I can. It is a good feeling knowing that there are wonderful caring people like you and your family. It puts a smile on my face and a warm feeling in my heart.

• jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    Hey Angie. Great idea! Would it be ok for me to donate to this cause? I really like the foundation of this. I don't want to put my name on anything. Just as the Lord has blessed me, I want to bless others and ensure they have a better Thanksgiving!
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    Good to see Angie taking charge with this and I hope we get enough nominations. The hard part is always deciding on which family to help. The day will come when we will be able to feed them all but for now looks like we will just have to do it one family at a time.

• 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    This is amazing!
    It is great to see that a company is concerned about folks enough to do something like this.
    I appreciate seeing this kind of sentiment, as my brothers and sisters were once a recipient of something like this when I was young. Had it not been for someone as caring and generous, we would not have had a holiday dinner one year. For that matter, it had been the largest dinner that we had in 6 months, so it was something that has stuck with me through the years.

And while it may seem like a small gesture on your part, I can tell you from experience that it is something that makes a huge impression on that family.

I would love to say I know of a family that needs help, but the ones I know of have been taken care of.

Thank you to you and your family for your generosity to those in need.
    Just a reminder guys that November 11th is nearing. So if you have any families that need to be nominated, please PM the information. Thank you and have a great day!! :0)

Tomorrow is the last day for you guys to nominate a family to get a Thanksgiving dinner. Thank you to those that have :o)

• jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Very nice of you to do this. +1,000,000,000
    Thank you to all who nominated a family. I will be taking a look at all the nominations today and will be deciding.

Thank You,

Angie