Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Thanksgiving Dinner On Us Part 2

MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
I have received PM's asking how a monetary donation could be made so more then one family could receive a Thanksgiving Dinner. So since some want to help out I went ahead and created a PayPal donation link and if you would like to donate the link will open in a new window for you.

There is no fixed donation amount, your donation is from your heart and size is no matter to us. I do know that at a Walmart Super Store you can purchase all the fixings for either a turkey or ham dinner for around $75.00. So once all the donations are accepted I will take the amount and round it up myself to maximize the number of families we can feed.

The link will stay up until 10 Nov 2012 and will turn off at around midnight. However this is only going to work if we get names of families in need so it is important for you all to nominate someone. If for some reason we do not get enough families nominated we will either increase the amount of the gift card to allow for a bigger meal or donate the donations to one of our local ministries that feed families during this holiday

Disclaimer: We are not a nonprofit organization we are a family business that just likes to extend a helping hand to those in need. It is something we grew up with and what Christ teaches us. If you feel uncomfortable making a donation to a group that do not have a 501c we suggest you then help someone locally by either donating to a food bank or your local church. The main thing is to share your success with those less fortunate then yourself.

PM me for instructions on contributing financially using PayPal

Thank You and God Bless

Comments

• 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Payment sent. Please let me know you received it.
    I wish it could have been more, but we sent prepaid cards to local families.

And it would be nice to see others jump in on this. I realize some can't afford a lot, but I figured that I could go without a couple cigars to send in a little money to help this out.

• MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    0patience:
    Payment sent. Please let me know you received it.
    I wish it could have been more, but we sent prepaid cards to local families.

And it would be nice to see others jump in on this. I realize some can't afford a lot, but I figured that I could go without a couple cigars to send in a little money to help this out.

Got it Tony and thank you for your donation.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Very nice idea man...I will be donating a few bucks this week.
    Until further notice I have removed the donation link per PayPal's instructions. Apparently you can not collect donations unless you have a 501c or are authorized to collect for a business ect. So I might be refunding the donations that were made. However in the mean time I apologize to those that have made donations or those about to. My suggestion if you want to donate something go to one of your local ministries I am sure they will appreciate it.
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    booooooooooooooo
    jliu:
    booooooooooooooo
    Be nice they are only covering their butts. Besides it was my fault for not paying attention when I created the link. in the mean time if anyone decides they would like to contribute financially to the cause via a PayPal gift PM me and I will provide you correct info. I am not gonna let this slow down our efforts to help those needing it

Good news, I just got off the phone with PayPal and my account is back in good standing. They realized I made a mistake and said I do not have to refund the donations I already received. So if anyone still wants to contribute financially to our dinner please PM me and I will provide you with the correct way to make your contribution

Thanks Jiunn for your donation or should I say gift. If anyone else would like to send a gift to help feed some families PM me. Thanks to all for the support you have shown, your kindness and generosity will go a long way.