Home Non Cigar Related

Where to post property-for-rent ??

jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
Other than Craigslist, anybody have suggestions on where to post a condo-for-rent?

Wife and I are looking to move before the end of this year....but we just re-newed our current condo rental through next summer.
The rental company won't let us break or shorten the lease (understandable), and since I don't want to pay for the current place while we're not living there for 7-8 months - we need to find new folks to take over our lease.
Rental company says we're off the hook as soon as we find new people to move in.

The rental company said they'd be happy to list it & show it though, but would charge a 1000 dollar fee....so we're looking to do that part on our own.
Any ideas on where/how we could list this?

(And unfortunately we can't put a sign in the yard since it's a condo)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Really craigslist and maybe a classified ad in the newspaper would be the best route for quick results. Anywhere else might be a little more costly to advertise outside of the old realtor approach of a few signs at some high traffic corners. Some realtors may even list it in the MLS but will want a commission of the downpayment and such.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    marineatbn03:
    Really craigslist and maybe a classified ad in the newspaper would be the best route for quick results. Anywhere else might be a little more costly to advertise outside of the old realtor approach of a few signs at some high traffic corners. Some realtors may even list it in the MLS but will want a commission of the downpayment and such.
    Good idea on the signs at high-traffic corners. I know we can't place them directly in front of the unit but I might plaster them at the entrances of the neighborhood .... thanks James

And yeah I figured any sort of realtors/professional property folks would want to charge us $$$. Kinda pissed our current rental company wants to charge us if we have them list it early - fvckers.
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    John, also try Trulia. I think you can list it there for free and it can automatically post to craigslist IIRC.
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    Also try Zillow.com I'm not sure of specifics on how to post stuff on there but it's worth looking into. It also doesn't hurt to post it on Facebook as well. You never know who on your friends list knows a guy who works with someone that needs a place. Word of mouth travels. A guy I work with just bought a house that someone had put on their Facebook page.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    And make sure to put the word out to ALL your friends and acquaintances. When I was struggling to find a place on short notice, it was amazing to me how many ppl actually knew of, or even had places to rent that I found out AFTER the fact. When I say to them, "darn, I didnt know you had a place for rent," they reply "I didnt know you were looking!" So get the word out to anybody and everybody! Lastly, if you have any local universities, there should be a boards you can put flyers up on! Gluck bro!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    mmccartneydc:
    And make sure to put the word out to ALL your friends and acquaintances. When I was struggling to find a place on short notice, it was amazing to me how many ppl actually knew of, or even had places to rent that I found out AFTER the fact. When I say to them, "darn, I didnt know you had a place for rent," they reply "I didnt know you were looking!" So get the word out to anybody and everybody! Lastly, if you have any local universities, there should be a boards you can put flyers up on! Gluck bro!
    Even Facebook got a few of my friends to take a look when I was selling my condo.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Guys - thank you for all the great ideas. This really helps - never would have thought of some of these things.

I'll look into posting on Trulia & Zillow. Will definitely post it on Facebook too. We've started to spread the word to a few close friends in town, but will make sure that all of our friends and family know about it so they can help spread the word too.