Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

So you think you know this forum? – 3,000th post - newbie contest

2»

Comments

• HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    holy crap a Barry sighting
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Congratulations Beat.. I know everyone but the poker question, but I have a strong hunch on that one. I am going to let this one go so another can enjoy your generosity. Great contest, by the way.
  • cmartincmartin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 130
    Great idea and congrats.
  • bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    Hayblet:
    hey spenser, i am here pretty regular, but i just read, look and listen mostly...figure no sense adding my 2 cents worth in...with the exchange rate, it is hardly worth that....however, it isnt until u meet me in real life that i wont b quiet! Most of the CF guys from the last few years around here can attest to that! :)
  • TridentTrident Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,005
    bearb:
    Hayblet:
    hey spenser, i am here pretty regular, but i just read, look and listen mostly...figure no sense adding my 2 cents worth in...with the exchange rate, it is hardly worth that....however, it isnt until u meet me in real life that i wont b quiet! Most of the CF guys from the last few years around here can attest to that! :)

I will agree with barry. Meet him i person! It'll be worth it.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    bearb:
    Hayblet:
    Awwww mannnn. You're the 1 I missed.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    nice contest Rick ! i have one ANSWER I THINK!lol
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Redtailhawkoz:
    nice contest Rick ! i have one ANSWER I THINK!lol
    LOL
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    No one has nailed all of the answers yet? I'm surprised, I didn't think it would take too long for someone to get them all.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    I think I have most of them, even threw in an extra Canadian just for good measure. I'm pretty sure my search button broke though.
    a few comments: no harm in having an extra canadian, in spite of spenser inability to see me, i am not in hiding; i still suggest that the answers are harder than some might think; trident is most certainly worth meeting in person also...a totally classy, generous doc he is; oz, u b quiet now...no hints; ken, you keep your cards to yourself; and yes, that search feature provides loads of details, but a strong memory is also needed; anyway, i think i got most of them correct and perhaps even made beat double check his own....but everyone still has time to send in your replies til friday i think!
    OK. Time to call it. I want to thank all who responded and those who commented.
    It was fun.
    2 Borks responded with 8 correct answers in their first posting. One kept working and answered all correct.

Our winner is bearb.

1: Name 2 Tattoo artists in our ranks.------------------Toomes, Alienmisprint

2: Who’s real name is that of a Rock Star ?--------------redtailhawkoz -Ozzie Osborne, rock star and coffee barista!

3: Name 3 BOTLS from north of the border and 1 from south of the border. Diamondog, wwhwang, bearb, Laker1963, gmill880 (Canada)---------Rzaman(Nicaragua)

4: Who are the 3 longest, still active members? ---------------Kuzi, j0z3r, jihiggs, JDH, kaspera79
    bearb alerted me to jihiggs. Seems he joined in 3/08 and has a total of only 469 posts, the last in October of this year. I guess you can call that active. LOL

5: What does DCCC stand for? Who coined it, and where? ----------------– Dead Camel Cigar Club – DSWarmack(Ryan Warmack) -Doha Qatar

6: Name 2 BOTLS who have been talked off of the forum for their actions? -------------------Seagarlover, Joejoe21, and I’ve accepted Aeon_spiral?

7: What was the name given to Matt’s big herf in 2008? -------------Kuzipalooza

8: Who played poker with Daniel Negrano and Phil Helmouth? ---------------Ken Light. I think he lost.

9: Who lives on Galveston Island? -----------------JJ20030, Jimmy James, the man with 2 first names

10: What is Bork? A fat fingered typing of botl.

July 15, 2010
    Enfidel : That's awesome bro! Congrats in the bomb and props to cholmes for being one ridiculously generous bork! Man o man do I love this site!
    Here’s the thread.

http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/2/169140/ShowThread.aspx
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    Dang, only missed one. Great contest. Congrats bearb.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    I call shenanigans. I didn't lose! I didn't win either though. ;P

Also, can bearb be both an answer AND a winner?

I'm just playing, couldn't have happened to a better BORK! Congrats!
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    Congrats bearb. I really want to ask what happened with seagarlover? I was inactive for a few months so I must have missed that drama. Anyone wanna fill me in or shoot me a quick pm about it? I don't want to stir up anything but you know..... I gotta at least ask.
    Ken Light:

tough audience!
    beatnic:
    Ken Light:

tough audience!
    Great contest Beat! i still stand by my earlier posts that is was harder than first suspected. the key was ppl played...which was the point i think. now that the answers are posted....how many did the vets get? come on borks, be honest now...and which ones did u struggle with? did u learn anything else in your searches that makes life on here, ccom, suddenly more clear?
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    I think I missed 3. One time go, no search. Off the top if my head.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    beatnic:
    Ken Light:

tough audience!
    I'm just messing around, this contest was amazing! Definitely up there with Kuzi's big crossword a while back.
  • buckeyecigarbuckeyecigar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 500
    Cool contest. I didn't even know half these answers
  • ug danug dan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 375
    Cool Contest and congrats on 3000!
    WOW! Nice surprise waiting for me when i got home from work today. Thank goodness my home is still under-construction, construction materials strew bout... so the bomb in the mailbox was very welcomed. I dont really know how to post pics, but i will do my best to describe the generous 'prize'...for this cool and unique newbie contest, that i feel funny winning. Anywho, I have no idea how Rick knew this, but i have not had ANY of these sticks before...but i cant wait to try them all..but will wait given the 'air travel time.' In no particular order my package contained: Pinolero Gran Toro; EloGio Serie LSV (i think) Robusto; Oliva O Maduro; Oliva V Melanio Robusto; Aj Fernandez Fresh Rolled Robusto. For me the contest was enuf of a pleasure...but the 'prize' was certainly unnecessary..but much appreciated. Thanks greatly Rick.